Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-30-2021, 12:48 PM   #29
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxspeedspec View Post
An SS is meant to be a performance vehicle. Convertibles just add useless weight and then reduces chassis stiffness. Corvettes in a convertible option is even dumber because the regular coupe is a targa (which is the greatest invention ever).
The C8 corvette is authorized to be driven on the track without a roll bar because the windshield frame is solid enough to support a roll over. I don't suppose when they designed the corvette they left any chassis stiffness on the table.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 01:00 PM   #30
zxspeedspec
Banned

Drives: Faster than yours
Just because it's authorized on the track doesn't mean it's optimized. Plus I've seen that mechanism in person. It's definitely got some weight to it.
zxspeedspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 01:03 PM   #31
chevybill

Drives: 1994 z-28, 2017 2ss 6spd
thread hi-jackers
chevybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 01:29 PM   #32
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
So are they replacing stuff to see what fixes it? or are they both actually bad? Every car has a fuse block and many these days have heated seats, so I'm not sure why your saying it has too many electronics. Sounds like you are having some pretty bad luck with it... Sorry to hear. Might as well order a new one while your there.
Yeah, I am a bit surprised as well about a fuse block going bad from a new battery. Seat heater module going bad is also rare. I left my car on trickle charger last winter and it's been fine, though I haven't felt the need to replace the battery. I would think these AGM batteries can easily last 5+ years given proper care.

Either that's bad luck or there could have been a simpler solution. I would love to see them explain the actual cause to me.

Quote:
Just because it's authorized on the track doesn't mean it's optimized. Plus I've seen that mechanism in person. It's definitely got some weight to it.
Not everyone drives their SS or Corvette on the track, or even give a crap about it. 99% of the buyers don't. Even for those that do, not all of them are track rats and they just drive it as a stress relief. The ones that are "in it to win it" are very few in numbers.

And calling the people with convertible stupid? Stay classy...

While I personally also think the C7 softtop is a bit pointless because of the Targa top version, the open air feeling is a bit better on the softtop. I have driven both.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 02:16 PM   #33
chevybill

To those, who have not read my initial posts.

I found my car completely dead on Tuesday, with the trickle charger flashing bad battery.
I replaced the battery and a CEL came on and stayed on.
Wednesday morning new battery was discharged, I got the car started with the original battery and went to dealership for service.

My car would discharge the battery overnight to the point the car would not start.

A five hour diagnostic was ran on the car BEFORE the dealership started repairs by replacing the under hood fuse box. Now the only code showing is for the passenger seat heat module.

I would not call what this dealership is doing "just throwing parts at a problem" due to the FIVE HOUR diagnostic test.
Old 12-30-2021, 04:04 PM   #34
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
A dead or dying battery (low voltage condition) can do all kinds of weird things to the modules and trigger random false positive faults. My bet is that once the fuse block is fixed most of the OP's original codes will clear and not be actual module or sensor problems.

Quote:
An SS is meant to be a performance vehicle. Convertibles just add useless weight and then reduces chassis stiffness.
You must be new around here.

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 07:14 PM   #35
chevybill

To update, the fix for my car was replacing the underhood fuse block and then replace the passenger seat heater module. I picked my car up this afternoon, all appeared normal
on the 55 mile drive home and no CEL coming on.

Service writer said they have replaced a few underhood fuse blocks on other model Chevrolets, but he thought this was the first Camaro they had to replace.
Old 01-03-2022, 09:12 PM   #36
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Glad you got it sorted out!
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 12:50 AM   #37
Aaron07

Drives: 2017 2SS F1FTY
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevybill View Post
To update, the fix for my car was replacing the underhood fuse block and then replace the passenger seat heater module. I picked my car up this afternoon, all appeared normal
on the 55 mile drive home and no CEL coming on.

Service writer said they have replaced a few underhood fuse blocks on other model Chevrolets, but he thought this was the first Camaro they had to replace.
Nice. Im glad you got it sorted, and thanks for sharing your experience.
2017 2SS F1FTY/HUD/Mag Ride/NPP/Nav/M6/Mishimoto catch can/BTR stage 2 Cam kit/GPI ported LT2 IM and 95mm TB/Roto Fab CAI/Kooks Long Tubes ceramic coated/Borla S Type NPP catback/AFE lowering springs/1LE wheels/OEM smoked tail lights/Diode Dynamics side markers/Uniden R7/3D Maxpider floor mats/Adams graphene ceramic coat
Aaron07 is offline   Reply With Quote