Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-30-2021, 08:15 AM   #15
Aaron07

Drives: 2017 2SS F1FTY
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevybill View Post
Been at dealer since 8 central. Currently a 5 hour diagnostic test going. A major drain going on, as new battery was dead this morning. Looking like something electric.

After the 5 hour diagnostics, dealership is saying under hood fuse block needs replacing. If all goes well should have the car back tomorrow afternoon.
2017 2SS F1FTY/HUD/Mag Ride/NPP/Nav/M6/Mishimoto catch can/BTR stage 2 Cam kit/GPI ported LT2 IM and 95mm TB/Roto Fab CAI/Kooks Long Tubes ceramic coated/Borla S Type NPP catback/AFE lowering springs/1LE wheels/OEM smoked tail lights/Diode Dynamics side markers/Uniden R7/3D Maxpider floor mats/Adams graphene ceramic coat
Aaron07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 09:33 AM   #16
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxspeedspec View Post
As soon as the stock battery dies I replace with an Antigravity Lithium. Then I never have to worry about my battery for like 8 years and just in case something happens, the battery is capable of self-jumping.
Have to disagree with the not worrying for 8 years thing if using that battery in a 6g. Know someone that had the Antigravity with the 'self jump' thing on an SS ($$$) and it was very problematic. Battery is in the trunk on a 6g, so you must open the trunk in order to press the 'jump start' thing, with the car dead though, he could not access that button in his vert. We had to eventually jump start that POS from under the hood (hood release is cable not electric). PLUS that battery almost burned the car down, smoked literally. Perhaps the electronics in this battery react poorly to the GM electrical system, regardless, that thing was a piece of junk on his car.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 10:57 AM   #17
zxspeedspec
Banned

Drives: Faster than yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
Have to disagree with the not worrying for 8 years thing if using that battery in a 6g. Know someone that had the Antigravity with the 'self jump' thing on an SS ($$$) and it was very problematic. Battery is in the trunk on a 6g, so you must open the trunk in order to press the 'jump start' thing, with the car dead though, he could not access that button in his vert. We had to eventually jump start that POS from under the hood (hood release is cable not electric). PLUS that battery almost burned the car down, smoked literally. Perhaps the electronics in this battery react poorly to the GM electrical system, regardless, that thing was a piece of junk on his car.
All my race bikes use Antigravity and they sit for months at a time without being used during winter and they get flogged on much harder than any SS.

And as for buying a SS in Vert... well that's just a bad decision from the start so enough said.

I've also had it in a gen 5 Camaro and a C7. Just waiting for my current battery to die so I can replace it on my gen 6.
zxspeedspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 11:23 AM   #18
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
You can just push the reset button on the wireless fob that comes with the battery now too, you don't have to crawl into the trunk.
Old 12-30-2021, 11:25 AM   #19
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
All my race bikes use Antigravity and they sit for months at a time without being used during winter and they get flogged on much harder than any SS.

And as for buying a SS in Vert... well that's just a bad decision from the start so enough said.

I've also had it in a gen 5 Camaro and a C7. Just waiting for my current battery to die so I can replace it on my gen 6.
My SS is not a Vert, but I'm curious to hear why it's a bad decision?
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 11:34 AM   #20
zxspeedspec
Banned

An SS is meant to be a performance vehicle. Convertibles just add useless weight and then reduces chassis stiffness. Corvettes in a convertible option is even dumber because the regular coupe is a targa (which is the greatest invention ever).
Old 12-30-2021, 11:35 AM   #21
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Quote:
An SS is meant to be a performance vehicle. Convertibles just add useless weight and then reduces chassis stiffness. Corvettes in a convertible option is even dumber because the regular coupe is a targa (which is the greatest invention ever).
I have the coupe, but these statements are abysmally categorical... can't peoplehave (gasp) different preferences? Say, they like to drive in the open air with the wind swooshing by? What if someone that bought the C8 Corvette wants to open the roof with a button instead of having to slap a big panel into the trunk?

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 11:38 AM   #22
jamala00

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
I have the coupe, but these statements are abysmally categorical... can't someone have (gasp) different preferences?
his response isn't anything but personal opinion (which is what I figured)... just like it's "my opinion" that paying $800+ for a battery is a stupid...
Old 12-30-2021, 11:44 AM   #23
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Go to autozone for reading and P2535 ignition 1 switch circuit high voltage and
Secondary DTC's P069e fuel pump control module requested MIL Illumination.
Not sure which fuel pump this refers to (there is one in the tank and a high pressure pump by the engine). They both may be fused up front.

Anyway, two unrelated circuits throwing codes and dealer says you need a new fuse block... This sounds like water intrusion. I would want to know what the fuse box looks like. They don't just go bad. Hopefully this is not a blind parts throw.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 11:46 AM   #24
zxspeedspec
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
I have the coupe, but these statements are abysmally categorical... can't peoplehave (gasp) different preferences? Say, they like to drive in the open air with the wind swooshing by? What if someone that bought the C8 Corvette wants to open the roof with a button instead of having to slap a big panel into the trunk?
And my opinion is those people are ****ing stupid.
Old 12-30-2021, 11:47 AM   #25
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Oh ok, glad you cleared that up
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 12:15 PM   #26
chevybill

Drives: 1994 z-28, 2017 2ss 6spd
AND, back on topic.

New under hood fuse block has been installed and my passenger side seat heater module has to be replaced. Going to be Monday before the part gets there.

I will say this again, these cars have too many electronics.

Fuse block appears to have gone bad sitting in my fully enclosed building on a battery tender trickle charger.

This event has me considering selling this car and investing the money in a turnkey classic car. Car has only 3200 miles.
chevybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 12:21 PM   #27
jamala00

Quote:
AND, back on topic.

New under hood fuse block has been installed and my passenger side seat heater module has to be replaced. Going to be Monday before the part gets there.

I will say this again, these cars have too many electronics.

Fuse block appears to have gone bad sitting in my fully enclosed building on a battery tender trickle charger.

This event has me considering selling this car and investing the money in a turnkey classic car. Car has only 3200 miles.
So are they replacing stuff to see what fixes it? or are they both actually bad? Every car has a fuse block and many these days have heated seats, so I'm not sure why your saying it has too many electronics. Sounds like you are having some pretty bad luck with it... Sorry to hear. Might as well order a new one while your there.
Old 12-30-2021, 12:35 PM   #28
chevybill

Drives: 1994 z-28, 2017 2ss 6spd
In my previous posts, they ran a 5 hour diagnostic test before they replaced any parts.
The test showed a bad fuse block, it was replaced, and the only code remaining was for the aforementioned seat module.

I have been very impressed with the service department thus far, 3 guys in service have 6th gen Camaros and all are heavily modified. The fact that I did not purchase the car there had not even been mentioned.

The inflow and out flow of the shop is impressive. I was there all morning on Wednesday and observed shop interactions.

The sales guys are a totally different story. After observing them, they are about 2 decades behind in their customer interactions. I had not heard such salesman comments since the 1990's.
chevybill is offline   Reply With Quote