Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-29-2018, 12:27 PM   #1
GTSLOW
Daily Driven 1LE

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
CEL with skip shift eliminator?

Has anyone experienced this with the 6th Gens? I installed one this weekend and the CEL came on after a few miles. The one I have was just a wire that looped back around. I thought these typically had a resistor or something in there?
Old 05-29-2018, 05:47 PM   #2
KLG

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
Has anyone experienced this with the 6th Gens? I installed one this weekend and the CEL came on after a few miles. The one I have was just a wire that looped back around. I thought these typically had a resistor or something in there?
No issues for me. There are a few different versions depending on the car model. Mine looked something like this:
Attached Images

2016 2SS Convertible; SIM; Black & Ceramic White interior; M6; NPP; DD LED side marker lamps & back-up lamps; LED trunk lamps, license plate lamps & front T/S lamps; 3rd brake light pulser; Skip-shift eliminator; Borla s-type non-npp axle backs; Weather-Tech floor mats, trunk mat, rear license plate frame/cover; GM fuel door; ZL1addons rock guards; Removed fender badges, front & rear SS badges; JLT CAI, tune, oil separator; RP Synchromax in transmission; RP MaxGear in rear differential; GM Lowering Suspension Upgrade; Dimple oil filter magnets & magnetic oil drain plug; 3M Ceramic window tint.
KLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 11:35 AM   #3
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
There should be a resistor in there. If yours does not, you got a bad part or were scammed.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 02:03 PM   #4
GTSLOW
Daily Driven 1LE

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLG View Post
No issues for me. There are a few different versions depending on the car model. Mine looked something like this:
Looking at the one in the picture it looks like there is a resistor or something within the heat shrink besides just wire.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:18 AM   #5
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Quote:
Looking at the one in the picture it looks like there is a resistor or something within the heat shrink besides just wire.
You probably got a bad batch's skip shift. Who did you buy it from?

I had gotten a skip shift eliminator from a known vendor here in 2016 who's first batch came with the incorrect resistors due to mislabeling from the resistors manufacturer if i remember correctly, and those were throwing CELs left and right, but they did the right thing and sent us all new ones free of charge with the correct resistors. No CEL since.

Maybe that's what you have, an incorrect resistor.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:04 AM   #6
devnull
Scientific negotiator

Drives: 2019 Grand Sport
I think this was a batch issue. I got a Muzzy's from a vendor I've bought at least 6 from with no issues for my ZL1 and got a CEL on the way in this morning (put it in last night). Will pop it out when I get home and let them know.
Attached Images

Matthew 25:40

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ

Last edited by devnull; 06-21-2018 at 10:14 AM.
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote