Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

AWE Tuning

Old 07-04-2018, 07:15 PM   #533
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Update, flush done last week at 7100 miles. Shudder is gone, I hope for good.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 09:36 PM   #534
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
Good luck putting a band aid on a septic wound always works
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 03:12 PM   #535
Chutzpah

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyz View Post
Good luck putting a band aid on a septic wound always works
Yea, I know the "fix" may not be long term... just grateful It's gone for now. I have the $$ to buy another brand or upgrade to the ZL1. Just depends on the level of aggravation this car gives me... so far It's not enough for a dive into my pocket.
Old 07-05-2018, 04:42 PM   #536
Driski

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
Yea, I know the "fix" may not be long term... just grateful It's gone for now. I have the $$ to buy another brand or upgrade to the ZL1. Just depends on the level of aggravation this car gives me... so far It's not enough for a dive into my pocket.
If i were you, and i had the money, i would lose that bitch. F'n shudder is driving me nuts and GM is no help at all.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:07 PM   #537
Chutzpah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driski View Post
If i were you, and i had the money, i would lose that bitch. F'n shudder is driving me nuts and GM is no help at all.
If it’s really shuddering, I know you know to bring it to another dealer.

My intent is to hold GM accountable to the warranty, with a decent dealer. If it means a torque converter or a whole transmission, so be it. There’s also the possibility of tuning too. I’m not close to doing that, but a sub $1000 investment sounds better than a much larger one, for a toy. We’ll see, I’m not one to reward more work or business based on a bad prior experience, so Chevy may be on the chopping block. Hard to say right now
Old 07-06-2018, 01:02 AM   #538
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
Same here. Trying to get an a10 zl1. Maybe even a 2019 ss.... but I'd rather use this as an excuse to get a ZL1 as well. Then go to 10 different dealers for the bandaid fixes until I get close to the 5 yrs 60k miles. GM always reels me in with their products and their stealers always disappoint me with the way they deal with any serious issues. I'm a glutton for punishment . A few of us gluttons down here in south FL.

5 yr 60k, we are all dumping our A8s unless a tune or something can fix it. It's not the fluid or the TC from what I'm hearing from folks who know a lot more about fixing cars, I'm not mechanically inclined.
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 04:15 AM   #539
Driski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
If it’s really shuddering, I know you know to bring it to another dealer.

My intent is to hold GM accountable to the warranty, with a decent dealer. If it means a torque converter or a whole transmission, so be it. There’s also the possibility of tuning too. I’m not close to doing that, but a sub $1000 investment sounds better than a much larger one, for a toy. We’ll see, I’m not one to reward more work or business based on a bad prior experience, so Chevy may be on the chopping block. Hard to say right now
Yes, time to bring to another dealer and start the whole process all over again.

Good news is the rear diff was flushed again (or never was the first time) and has stopped groaning, for now.
Old 07-18-2018, 04:13 AM   #540
Driski

This was posted by another member and i thought it might be helpful to others having this same problem. I know i am going to use this information
when i take the car to a different dealer next Monday. Hope i am not doing anything wrong by re-posting another members post ???

...The original fluid for the A8 was Dexron HP. This was not a sythetic fluid. It was determined that the friction modifiers in this fluid were incorrect for the application which is why initially the triple flush did not work, even with a new converter. Same fluid, same problem.
Now the required fluid is Mobil1 LV. It masks the issue temporarily but if you had the shudder, the damage had already been done (burnished TC clutch plates).
In the meantime the TC has also been redesigned to alleviate future issues.
I only recently left a Chevy dealer where I worked as a parts-to-service liason and can assure you that the TC has a new part number as well as revised TCM programming. I can also assure you that Mobil1 LV is NOT scarce, we kept cases of it in stock, find another dealer.
Driski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 05:33 AM   #541
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Also, go read the ASK AL [ANSWERED] post on this.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=527133
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 05:26 PM   #542
Driski

I brought the car to another dealer. They test drove and told me nothing was wrong with the transmission. Guy said he had 40 years experience etc. I was so tired of dealing with this i just gave up. He said he would try to balance the tires and see if it helped. I explained to friends that it must be me being hyper sensitive... The following day the same guy from the dealership calls me and says he was able to duplicate the problem and was ordering the new TC. I am hopeful that this is the end of my troubles with this car. Good Luck to all. Be persistent.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:35 PM   #543
586mx

Drives: 69 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driski View Post
What did they do for a fix. I was told the same as you "cold tires, normal operation" They did a single flush and will not go any further. Customer Care says to bring it to another service center. That is probably what i will do. If I had the money to loose, i would trade it in.
They did the trans flush, felt like a completely different car. I was so happy, but now its back after about 3000 miles. It jumps hard when putting it in reverse. Shakes between 25-30mph and 48-55mph, only under light load. Not dependent on v4 or V8 It will sometimes slam into 7th when manually shifting from 8-7. It will hesitate when shifting 1-2 while going around a corner. The momentum loss from this hesitation throws you forward in you seat. I'm paying for a $50k car that doesn't shift as good as my 143,000mile $6000 cruze. I'm disgusted with this car and the dealers/gm/engineers treatment of customers with legitimate problems. They should tell customers when purchasing this car, that the trans will not work right in the future, and can't be fixed, are you still interested? For all of us that already purchased they should, admit they can't fix this and rebate us $8000. I ,sadly, hope on a test drive the dealer gets in an accident and totals the car. When its working right it's the most amazing car I've ever driven. outta 18000 miles it's only be right 2000 of them.
canceled 6/8/16
reordered 6/6/16 1100 TKQDN9
2000 6/7/16
3000 tpw 7/18
586mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 07:22 AM   #544
speedup

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible
have to agree. this a8 is the quirkiest, jerkiest, turdiest tranny i have ever driven.

2017 2SS, Hyper Blue, 8sp, NPP, MRC
speedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 10:46 AM   #545
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
My torque converter was replaced as part of this issue and mine's been "OK". They reprogrammed mine as well from what I gleaned during a discussion with the shop manager. He knows I'm a mechanic type and gave me some added details. I think they put some kinda higher performance trans tune in it so mine does jerk at times, but I prefer that over slushy shifting etc. It's a performance car after all.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 01:11 PM   #546
NEGXXIS

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS A10
Update: 10k miles on the new converter and still working perfect (27k total miles on car)
SOLD 2019 Camaro SS -Wrapped in Matte Magnectic Black - Anderson Carbon Hood and Rear Spoiler – Ikon front spoiler – OEM ZL1 Side Rockers - ZL1 Addons Diffuser - BMR 1.0” Lowering Springs - MRR 228 Wheels 20x10 and 20x11
RIP 2016 Camaro SS https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=565453
SOLD 2010 Camaro SS Featured in GM High Tech Performance and Camaro Now Magazines - http://www.superchevy.com/features/g...of-perfection/
NEGXXIS is offline   Reply With Quote