Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-16-2019, 06:05 PM   #645
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
Regardless of what front end is your favorite the performance going from the GEN5 to the GEN6 is incredible.. I owned a 2011 SS and I was shocked the first time I drove the GEN6 SS.

PS: Congrats on the new ride.. Red with black strips looks good!
Performance yes .. comfort..not as much .. hopefully after I upgrade the cushions on the door panels and console it will be better.
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 06:10 PM   #646
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis66 View Post
Thank you ..it's actually crush orange..it really looks red next to my fury orange mustang
LoL it does... Nice looking Mustang as well I stored my buddies Shelby GT350R in my spare garage while he moved for about a month. They are nice cars I like the Shelby’s and the GTs
Old 07-16-2019, 06:13 PM   #647
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
So what you're trying to tell me is dude drove his car 12.5 miles and it was all because of the coolers?

I might be impressed if that was a Ford....

And the reason why you have that 5 year warranty is why? Because GM is so kind? Or you have TC and TM protecting everything at the expense of performance. If you tune those out, what happens to the warranty? Why? Because GM knows you'll start breaking stuff.
95 imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 06:30 PM   #648
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
memphisSS - have you ever used launch control? i’ve made several hits on the street from a dig and unless it’s 38*, the car gets out A LOT harder and quicker without it. i’m happy you can read brochures, perhaps you should try driving your car. it’s no mystery and has been proven time and time again that the cars are faster with 0 restraint and a good driver, no matter the challenge.

we will see 95 SS cars turn great 1/4 mile times. then we will see 5 LT1 cars that are faster and out of reach. think what ranger was doing with the c5z and all the guys beating on the ls1 fbodies back in the day. fastest one was not a big wheel/tire ss car, it was a 245 tire snowflake wheeled z28. the alpha chassis is light years ahead of that 1982 torque arm junk, i don’t think it’s going to take much more than a driver for the entry level cars to outrun the ss, dragstrip or roadcourse.
s346k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 07:38 PM   #649
Memphis SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
So what you're trying to tell me is dude drove his car 12.5 miles and it was all because of the coolers?
Maybe you should just stick to riding your mountain bike.. something you understand..

Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
memphisSS - have you ever used launch control? i’ve made several hits on the street from a dig and unless it’s 38*, the car gets out A LOT harder and quicker without it. i’m happy you can read brochures, perhaps you should try driving your car..
I've done all three, Read the brochure, run the car with launch control on and off. Oh... If your ever in Memphis swing by the Memphis Raceway track.

Are you close to Indy?.. I've got Family in Crawfordsville spent some time at the 500 over the years.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:54 PM   #650
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Let's keep it simple and not start adding, from a roll, if it's cloudy and if my mom flags the race....LOL

All this topic comes from you thinking the LT1 has the advantage over or equal to a SS even with smaller rear tires and no track launch control... Get one and let me know how that works for you. Actually, I'm looking forward to seeing some feedback on the forum when someone buys the first one.. Keep us posted.

I have kept it simple. I've said from the beginning it will be faster on average but it will be a little harder to hook. From a roll it will be faster with no extra skill required.

Like the other guy said (mulitple quotes sometimes escapes me) the low option cars without all the big do-dads are always faster. The old 5.0 LX was faster than the GT. The Formulas were faster than the WS6, the low option Z28's were faster than the big tire/option SS. I'm not saying it will be a huge difference, but the hero times will be better and on average probably around a tenth.

But hey, I've said all I can say with my opinions on it so I'll move on. We've been beating the crap out of this horse for a while. Cheers mate!
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 08:06 PM   #651
Memphis SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
I have kept it simple. I've said from the beginning it will be faster on average but it will be a little harder to hook. From a roll it will be faster with no extra skill required.

Like the other guy said (mulitple quotes sometimes escapes me) the low option cars without all the big do-dads are always faster. The old 5.0 LX was faster than the GT. The Formulas were faster than the WS6, the low option Z28's were faster than the big tire/option SS. I'm not saying it will be a huge difference, but the hero times will be better and on average probably around a tenth.

But hey, I've said all I can say with my opinions on it so I'll move on. We've been beating the crap out of this horse for a while. Cheers mate!
That brings back some old memories I’ve owned a few Formula Firebirds in my time a 1976 and 1988

Cheers
Old 07-16-2019, 10:43 PM   #652
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Quote:
Maybe you should just stick to riding your mountain bike.. something you understand..
That's the sad part.....

I didn't order the factory oil coolers and the rear gear cassette failed. The bad news is I got a tune and Schwinn voided the warranty. So, now, I'm riding the bus hoping to save up for the repairs.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:22 PM   #653
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
What are we talking about again? I'm lost, i thought we were discussing if the LT1 is going to be faster than the SS?
ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 11:27 PM   #654
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Quote:
That’s what happens when you race a guy with a factory trial built huffy that kicks you butt and now you’re stuck riding the bus...
With the warranty. Don't forget the warranty! That why he's still rollin' and I'm on the bus
Old 07-16-2019, 11:31 PM   #655
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernCamaroZ28Fan View Post
What are we talking about again? I'm lost, i thought we were discussing if the LT1 is going to be faster than the SS?
It will be. Dream as much as you want, you can't escape the laws of physics. The lighter car with the same horse will always win (if you can drive).
Old 07-17-2019, 01:26 AM   #656
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
I've done all three, Read the brochure, run the car with launch control on and off. Oh... If your ever in Memphis swing by the Memphis Raceway track.

Are you close to Indy?.. I've got Family in Crawfordsville spent some time at the 500 over the years.
yeah i’m close to indy. been to memphis more times than i can count. late 80s/early 90s we had a b stock chevelle down there A LOT and i’ve visited with the hot rod power tour a few times since. memphis is fun, especially when you dig the food and music.
s346k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 12:35 PM   #657
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis66 View Post
Yes just traded in my 14 Camaro for a 19 ss
Wow, that 19 is soooo ugly in the front.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:37 PM   #658
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
Wow, that 19 is soooo ugly in the front.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote