Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

AWE Tuning

Old 04-20-2019, 07:58 PM   #43
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16CamaroSS View Post
Arguably, the car should have been on a lift for the install. If so, doing what they asked you to do would be quite reasonable and relatively easy.

By not doing what they asked of you, I could see them not being helpful after that point. Assuming they're not getting complaints from anyone else, the problem is likely unique to you whether you're messing something up or they gave you a bad pipe.

Since it's probably a unique problem, then it's incumbent on you to show them what went wrong in a way that satisfies their need for information (Is this guy just dumb or did we screw up a part?).

If SW was so bad, these forums would be crawling with complaints rather than having just one guy complain.

Were I you, I'd get the car on a lift and give them what they want. I'd say, sorry, should have done this at first, but here's the info you wanted.

If the screw up is on your part, they'll politely tell you.

If it's on their part, they'll get you the right part and likely pay for a professional install to make up for your frustration if you ask politely.
+1 well put.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 08:21 PM   #44
jcastag

Drives: 2017 Camaro FIFTY 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16CamaroSS View Post
Arguably, the car should have been on a lift for the install. If so, doing what they asked you to do would be quite reasonable and relatively easy.

By not doing what they asked of you, I could see them not being helpful after that point. Assuming they're not getting complaints from anyone else, the problem is likely unique to you whether you're messing something up or they gave you a bad pipe.

Since it's probably a unique problem, then it's incumbent on you to show them what went wrong in a way that satisfies their need for information (Is this guy just dumb or did we screw up a part?).

If SW was so bad, these forums would be crawling with complaints rather than having just one guy complain.

Were I you, I'd get the car on a lift and give them what they want. I'd say, sorry, should have done this at first, but here's the info you wanted.

If the screw up is on your part, they'll politely tell you.

If it's on their part, they'll get you the right part and likely pay for a professional install to make up for your frustration if you ask politely.

So even though their instructions specifically say the system can be installed on a lift or jack stands I should have bought a lift in anticipation of the system not fitting to send them a video.. Give me a break man

And so you know I have been working on cars for over 25 years and have done complete engine rebuilds and countless exhaust systems. On my back. Never a problem. Ever.

And also so you know the pictures that THEY provided me and told me to compare the lengths of the parts to did not clearly show the length. So how am I supposed to compare the parts? So if you knew what you were talking about you would understand I tried to get them the info they requested but if they could not provide me clear pics and measurements then what am I supposed to compare my parts to? As the manufacturer they should have easily been able to provide me the length of each part. But let me guess... That's my fault too?

And again I didn't say that SW was so bad. I said that the way they handled this was unacceptable. In my view AND the way they spoke to the reseller as well. If 99 units fit perfect with no complaints, great. When there is an issue with the last one and a customer reaches out for help, a real company would step up to the plate and do what's needed. Not tell me to drive from NJ to Ohio for them to look at it... At my cost.

The way they handled this was not acceptable. Period.

Nothing that you say in here is remotely accurate to what happened. You can't say what they would have done because you have not been a part of the back and forth for weeks. I originally reached out asking them for help. They were nice at first but then when I asked then to give me either clear pictures that showed the length of the parts or just provide me the length of the parts they started becoming unresponsive and unhelpful.

Last edited by jcastag; 04-20-2019 at 08:46 PM.
jcastag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 08:22 PM   #45
jcastag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
+1 well put.
You also do not know the full communication. I tried to resolve it with them for weeks. I should not have to beg them.
Old 04-21-2019, 06:13 AM   #46
24v
Account Suspended

Drives: 2018 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcastag View Post
You also do not know the full communication. I tried to resolve it with them for weeks. I should not have to beg them.
So then share it. Let's see the pics they sent you for measurement, and some pics of the issue on your car. Maybe someone here can help figure it out.
24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 06:49 AM   #47
Gunkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24v View Post
So then share it. Let's see the pics they sent you for measurement, and some pics of the issue on your car. Maybe someone here can help figure it out.
+1 this.

No vendor is going to give out their full designs to the public, but SW is an ISO 9001 quality system shop they will have full design specs AND a documented and repeatable way to verify them.

It seems that the vendor offered the OP a path to resolution and the OP has so far refused to take that path.

I find it curious that the OP now seems hesitant to listen to and follow the advice being offered here, a friendly neutral forum who are interested in the OP's successful outcome.

So OP, you can make a choice to listen and follow this advice, or live with the consequences of ignoring it.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:00 AM   #48
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
When I get home I will send you the back and forth email with them.. You will not believe it
I haven’t heard back on this?
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:33 AM   #49
jcastag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
I haven’t heard back on this?
I have not been home yet thats why.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:39 AM   #50
jcastag

Quote:
+1 this.

No vendor is going to give out their full designs to the public, but SW is an ISO 9001 quality system shop they will have full design specs AND a documented and repeatable way to verify them.

It seems that the vendor offered the OP a path to resolution and the OP has so far refused to take that path.

I find it curious that the OP now seems hesitant to listen to and follow the advice being offered here, a friendly neutral forum who are interested in the OP's successful outcome.

So OP, you can make a choice to listen and follow this advice, or live with the consequences of ignoring it.
Did I ask for their full designs??? Once again you are wrong. Maybe you need to learn to read before making comments.

I asked for them to give me the length of each piece to compare to the pieces I have. Which if what they wanted me to do with the pics they sent me.

And how would them send me the lengths of the parts allow me to copy their exhaust??

If I wanted to copy the exhaust I HAVE THE COMPLETE EXHAUST IN MY POSSESSION IF I WANTED TO COPY IT.

It's clear at this point you are not trying to be helpful, you are just trying to be a jackass and making up scenarios without reading exactly what is going on.

In my opinion I have jumped through hoops with this system and I honestly don't care what your opinion is.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:54 AM   #51
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
Well that took a turn for the worst real quick. If you dont care what some of our opinions are, why even post? Maybe, just venting?
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:57 AM   #52
jcastag

Quote:
+1 this.

Let's try this one more time.

I have full detail on the install and told them exactly what I thought the problem piece was. After installing and reinstalling 3 times.

They asked me to take the system apart and measure each piece and compare the length of each piece to a photo of each piece they sent me next to a tape measure.

The photos they sent did not clearly show the length of each piece because they were either taken from 6ft off the floor or were not taken at a perfect straight view.

I asked them just to send me the length of each part and I would confirm with each piece based on that. Numerous requests and they would not send.

I never asked for the full design. That was something you totally made up.

If I wanted to copy the exhaust why would I need them to send me the lengths when I have the entire system in my possession? Them giving me the length of each piece would in no way allow me to copy the design. Just a ridiculous statement.

And if they expected me to use photos they sent to compare the length, then wouldn't I already have thst information? Again, your statements make no sense.

And I have taken they advice on here and am taking it to an exhaust shop when I get home. So again, your statements make no sense, because the only advice I am not taking is comments implying I should have bought a lift or they I need to comply with SW request when I have tried to do that.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:00 AM   #53
jcastag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booher View Post
Well that took a turn for the worst real quick. If you dont care what some of our opinions are, why even post? Maybe, just venting?
I never said I didn't care what anyone's opinions are. I don't care what his opinions are because all along he has been making comments without reading or understanding the full situation, in addition to making assumptions that are not true.

I value the legitimate advice from people that as here to truly help.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:00 AM   #54
Gunkk

Quote:
Did I ask for their full designs??? Once again you are wrong. Maybe you need to learn to read before making comments.

I asked for them to give me the length of each piece to compare to the pieces I have. Which if what they wanted me to do with the pics they sent me.

And how would them send me the lengths of the parts allow me to copy their exhaust??

If I wanted to copy the exhaust I HAVE THE COMPLETE EXHAUST IN MY POSSESSION IF I WANTED TO COPY IT.

It's clear at this point you are not trying to be helpful, you are just trying to be a jackass and making up scenarios without reading exactly what is going on.

In my opinion I have jumped through hoops with this system and I honestly don't care what your opinion is.
So post up your facts: pictures, measurements, and vendor correspondence.

Until then all we have is heresay to go by, which so far is almost entirely your negative opinions, rants, and escalating bad language. Your behavior is not helping your case here.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:07 AM   #55
jcastag

Quote:
So post up your facts: pictures, measurements, and vendor correspondence.

Until then all we have is heresay to go by, which so far is almost entirely your negative opinions, rants, and escalating bad language. Your behavior is not helping your case here.
My behavior?? Lol

You are posting responses that are half made up man. Anyone that has added constructive feedback and help have been positive communication.

You are making comments and judgements in scenarios that are not true.... Like me asking for the full design specs of their exhaust.

You are clearly not here to help, you are just trying to be combative and try to make me out to be the bad guy here... So there is no reason for you to even be in this discussion.

And once I get back from vacation I will be more than happy to post all if it!!
Old 04-21-2019, 08:08 AM   #56
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Vendor nut swingers.. every forum has them.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote