Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 08-07-2017, 10:23 AM   #29
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlions20 View Post
Does anyone else have any experience with this?

All the sudden I'm getting exactly what this describes and I'm being told its the tires.

Unfortunately I drove with a tech for a few miles and the shudder never happened but driving to work everyday , I get it alot.

Not sure how to handle. Seems like the more I'm driving it its getting worse , like the whole car vibrates.
Drive a a steady speed and try it on an incline. You can always tell them that you want them to evaluate your car based on this TSB.

The dealer I went to kept telling me that nothing was wrong until I gave them this TSB and then wallah, magically they found it.

Keep in mind that you drive it everyday and they half ass drive it. Find out what rpm, speed, and surroundings when you notice it happening.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:42 AM   #30
dlions20

Drives: cobalt
thanks alot sub.

originally I thought it was due to acceleration and so they did the oil line recall and said that would fix it.

Now i noticed it was at steady speeds around 45-50 , and that seems right in line with what the tsb says.

Will definitely have to take it back.

Anyone know if it can cause any other major damage if its not done right away?
dlions20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 03:12 PM   #31
Camaro_7888

Drives: .
I had the shudder a few weeks ago. Would only happen between 30-40MPH and again around 60MPH. The whole car would shake while slightly accelerating. Took it to the Dealer, they had it 2 days. They flushed the trans fluid 3 times and replaced the trans filter. Got it back, was smooth as butter...but now I can feel the shudder creeping up again, waiting a few weeks before I take it back in.
Camaro_7888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 04:00 PM   #32
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
This car has to go down as one of the biggest POS ever. Endless problems for many and the dealer can't even fix. Luckily mine left me stranded within 50mi on the odometer. Then when the dealer returned it to me without coolant and a leak remaining, they gave me my $ back. Saved me headaches, time, and money.
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 02:20 PM   #33
17txcamaross

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
I had the transmission flushed at around 3500 miles. I am now at 5500 and the shudder is back. Time for a new torque converter.
17txcamaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:30 PM   #34
nbryant

Drives: 2016 2SS Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1100xx View Post
This car has to go down as one of the biggest POS ever. Endless problems for many and the dealer can't even fix. Luckily mine left me stranded within 50mi on the odometer. Then when the dealer returned it to me without coolant and a leak remaining, they gave me my $ back. Saved me headaches, time, and money.
Interesting you decide the model is POS after seeing a very small sample size of the population having issues. BTW almost all automotive product lines have issues of varying degree's, it's the nature of the industry.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:24 AM   #35
7rank

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '13 Sierra SLT
I'm having this issue as well... I really thought it was rough pavment at 1st and kept looking out my mirrors for bad pavement.. could'nt figure it out.. and now that I see other's experiancing this, there's defanetly a problem here!
7rank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 12:28 AM   #36
sub_ETCS_ret

I'm picking mine up on Monday. They say I have to drive it 300 miles and then what, I don't know.

"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
Old 08-13-2017, 03:03 AM   #37
ChrisCoffey

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS Hyper Blue Metallic
I took mine in with the TSB that was posted here. I explained the general overview of what has happened with the cars in here to the service manager. I told him other dealerships were typically doing the fluid change then telling people to drive the mileage then seeing if it comes back or them getting a torque converter or entire transmission. He gave to the technician and me a loaner for the day. The next day i got a call about the car that they had completed the fluid change and decided to replace the torque converter to come pick it up that evening if I could. Its been like butter since for no shudders or vibrations. I might have paid more for car than I should have but the service manager more than makes up for it with service everytime I go. The paperwork list the torque converter as changed as I was just happy to get my car back in a day turn around.

Last edited by ChrisCoffey; 08-13-2017 at 03:37 AM.
ChrisCoffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:36 PM   #38
WeatherGuy

Drives: 2017 2SS
Well I can confirm the 2017s have the problem. Mine does - rapidly getting worse too and now having shuddering not only under those conditions but sometimes with light throttle shifting.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:58 AM   #39
Camaro_7888

Drives: .
Just dropped mine off at the dealer this morning for the shudder issue, this will be the 2nd time its in for service for this issue. First time they flushed the trans fluid, replaced the trans filter, and "re-programmed the trans computer" as stated on the receipt.

Let's see how they fix it this time....

UPDATE - Dealership just called me @ 1PM, they are going to replace the Torque Converter now. They will have my car 3-4 days....(I also reported the front end shakes when braking, probably warped rotors and exhaust rattles/squeaks during light acceleration)

Last edited by Camaro_7888; 08-14-2017 at 12:50 PM.
Camaro_7888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:57 PM   #40
bigpunn03

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_7888 View Post
Just dropped mine off at the dealer this morning for the shudder issue, this will be the 2nd time its in for service for this issue. First time they flushed the trans fluid, replaced the trans filter, and "re-programmed the trans computer" as stated on the receipt.

Let's see how they fix it this time....

UPDATE - Dealership just called me @ 1PM, they are going to replace the Torque Converter now. They will have my car 3-4 days....(I also reported the front end shakes when braking, probably warped rotors and exhaust rattles/squeaks during light acceleration)
Mine has been in service for almost 2 weeks. The tech flushed the transmission and drove it. He stated the shudder was still there so now they are replacing the torque converter. I'm starting to worry if they can fix it because it's been there so long.
bigpunn03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:58 PM   #41
sub_ETCS_ret

I just got mine back today. So far so good. Now to put 300 miles on it.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:08 PM   #42
bigpunn03

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub_ETCS_ret View Post
I just got mine back today. So far so good. Now to put 300 miles on it.

Sweet!
bigpunn03 is offline   Reply With Quote