Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-07-2023, 02:06 PM   #29
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus Cruisin View Post
I wouldn't be at all surprised if GM uses the Cadillac nameplate at some point.
Considering the only other options are Malibu and Bolt lol

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 06:59 PM   #30
Cmax

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS FIFTY convertible
EV Equinox…..
Cmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 12:48 AM   #31
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
Bring back the truck arm, track bar, 9 inch rear. And multiple lugnuts. Stretch the chassis and use crew cab 1/2 ton bodies. no joke.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 06:28 AM   #32
Gen6cyl

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2021 ,rs, v6, manual
Getting close to semi truck racing. I like it.
Gen6cyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 06:33 AM   #33
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer View Post
Bring back the truck arm, track bar, 9 inch rear. And multiple lugnuts. Stretch the chassis and use crew cab 1/2 ton bodies. no joke.
Just use reg cab and we can call it the Craftsman Truck Series!

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 07:04 AM   #34
Jus Cruisin
Old Gearhead

Drives: 2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
Just use reg cab and we can call it the Craftsman Truck Series!
I was thinking that with the above post. Already there but it's now the Camping World Truck Series. Chevy got a huge boost with Kyle Busch moving over from Toyota. He won last weekend.
Old 03-08-2023, 07:27 AM   #35
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
My grandfather was a part of NASCAR when it first started up. Mississippi started moving away from being a 'dry' state and he was left with a bunch of hot rodded cars and no moonshine to run. He ran several teams and was a driver himself until an accident left him unable to race competitively. He had quite a few trophies, which sadly are gone now.

Things have changed since those days. I suspect he would not care for modern NASCAR at all. I certainly don't.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 09:04 AM   #36
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
With the current mindset at gm I don't think they care about dirty ol' NASCAR racing or the folks that are fans. They've dropped out of racing before I wouldn't be surprised if they drop out again. The Corvette racing program will be the aggressive red headed stepchild and gm will probably focus on supporting more inclusive sports. Like chess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Probably run a Malibu! I hate to see the Camaro in NASCAR go too but that’s the way it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
This would be my guess as well.
Remember after the Monte Carlo, it went to the Lumina as I recall, then Impala and then the SS and after the sedans were eliminated, Camaro.

Would not be surprised to see Malibu as recent rumors have GM doing a new ICE Malibu in the coming years. If I recall correctly, Ford raced the Fusion before Mustang, a competitor for both the Camry and Malibu.

And Cadillac is in endurance racing and with Andretti Racing applied to F1 to race there as well.
Old 03-08-2023, 09:44 AM   #37
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
To my knowledge, all the manufacturers use their own brand purpose-designed engines, yes.

As far as the bodies go, I think the hood, roof, and trunk panels are OEM (or were). Everything else was custom.
I'm pretty sure they haven't been using OEM chassis for a long time now. I was at the Mooresville, NC Karting Facility 6 years ago and met someone who worked at the nearby Waltrip Racing. He told me his job was to assemble (weld) the chassis from kits that they received (I think they received those from NASCAR). We took the tour of their facilities that same day and saw that the cars (there were like 16 on the shop floor) had a tubular chassis like you see with a typical roll-cage (not unibody like we have in road going vehicles). I don't think the body panels were OEM either. But NASCAR may have at least been trying to approximate each manufacturer's body shape, even though the body panels were not OEM either.

Out front in the visitor's entrance to the Waltrip facility, they had an 80s era NASCAR, and that one was clearly an OEM chassis and body panels that had the interior gutted and roll cage added. It was a night and day difference.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 10:07 AM   #38
ZED SLED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus Cruisin View Post
I was thinking that with the above post. Already there but it's now the Camping World Truck Series. Chevy got a huge boost with Kyle Busch moving over from Toyota. He won last weekend.
It used to be the Camping World Truck Series. This year Craftsman is back as series sponsor.

Old 03-08-2023, 10:26 AM   #39
V8 Firebird

Drives: ⚡Electric TM3 ⚡
NASCAR is planning their EV series, and it would allow SUV body. Gm could just jump EV series after Camaro gone.
Old 03-08-2023, 12:33 PM   #40
ZED SLED

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Firebird View Post
NASCAR is planning their EV series, and it would allow SUV body. Gm could just jump EV series after Camaro gone.
Thankfully youtube has races from 80s and 90s

Old 03-08-2023, 03:17 PM   #41
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post
I'm pretty sure they haven't been using OEM chassis for a long time now. I was at the Mooresville, NC Karting Facility 6 years ago and met someone who worked at the nearby Waltrip Racing. He told me his job was to assemble (weld) the chassis from kits that they received (I think they received those from NASCAR). We took the tour of their facilities that same day and saw that the cars (there were like 16 on the shop floor) had a tubular chassis like you see with a typical roll-cage (not unibody like we have in road going vehicles). I don't think the body panels were OEM either. But NASCAR may have at least been trying to approximate each manufacturer's body shape, even though the body panels were not OEM either.

Out front in the visitor's entrance to the Waltrip facility, they had an 80s era NASCAR, and that one was clearly an OEM chassis and body panels that had the interior gutted and roll cage added. It was a night and day difference.
Chassis no. Just the three panels I’d mentioned. This was probably a good 10+ years ago though when talking with a buddy of mine about it.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 05:47 PM   #42
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Well if Nascar goes EV I may stop watching. As a Camaro owner I follow it now but might not if the Camaro isn’t used anymore.