Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Phastek Performance

Old 10-03-2023, 05:39 PM   #1
teddyca

Drives: Blown C7 and 6th gen
Front BMR swaybar hitting lower control arm on middle setting

Well without going for a drive (I got jr. tightening shit up) LOL I figured I would post up real quick. Sadly the first post about rear noise is there as well and I have damn near every BMR piece. I went as far and also ordered everything stock from someone because I tossed mine and so disappointed. Even spent nearly $900 on adjustments and alignment at a performance dealer that specializes in this stuff and he said that "heim joints" are noisy. Dont know how much truth is in that but I went there because they are trusted and my Camaro was small fish in the pond.

Now to front, I always get fricking knocking noises up front. Decided for hell of it to get some new sway endlinks and noticed that on the middle setting it looks like its hitting my lower control arm. I went all the way out and now im clearing. I will post results later.
Attached Images

17 Camaro 2SS 50th edition. TOTALED 6/2019
K&N Intake, MRBP axleback, Eibach kit, 20" Z28 wheels, smoked lights all the way around, Rockford Fosgate system

17 Camaro 2SS 50th edition. Round 2- 8/2019 550/600 RWHP, Magnuson TVS2300, Rotofab Intake, Corsa Xtreme, Air Lift P3 System, 20" Stance SF-07, smoked lights all the way around, Rockford Fosgate system.
teddyca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 05:55 PM   #2
teddyca

Update: Issue resolved. Swaybar was hitting arm. So silly. I was buttoning everything up and my son looked at said "dad I don't have no room down here". Then I seen the nicks in the arms on both sides from the bottom of the sway bar. Took a quick ride and yep rear still sounds like shit LOL but that embarrassing chatter up front is gone. Nice to have a fresh set of eyes.

K&N Intake, MRBP axleback, Eibach kit, 20" Z28 wheels, smoked lights all the way around, Rockford Fosgate system

17 Camaro 2SS 50th edition. Round 2- 8/2019 550/600 RWHP, Magnuson TVS2300, Rotofab Intake, Corsa Xtreme, Air Lift P3 System, 20" Stance SF-07, smoked lights all the way around, Rockford Fosgate system.

Last edited by teddyca; 10-04-2023 at 10:16 AM.
Old 10-04-2023, 10:51 AM   #3
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Can you just cut down the stud on the link?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 11:00 AM   #4
teddyca

I am sure I could. If I am being honest, I don't track this car, nor never plan to. I went after some good HP and then figured I should upgrade the suspension. Plus the red looks cool when you see it all. LOL Well that was a mistake. I should of simply lowered it and left everything else alone. I am just excited that the knocking is gone. I have chased that for a couple years now. I have maybe put a few thousand miles on the car in the last 1.5 years. Once the C8 came in, everyone became stepchildren. LOL Even C7 is sitting in my garage with a 1000HP motor 80% done and been like that for a year.
Old 10-04-2023, 12:02 PM   #5
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyca View Post
Well without going for a drive (I got jr. tightening shit up) LOL I figured I would post up real quick. Sadly the first post about rear noise is there as well and I have damn near every BMR piece. I went as far and also ordered everything stock from someone because I tossed mine and so disappointed. Even spent nearly $900 on adjustments and alignment at a performance dealer that specializes in this stuff and he said that "heim joints" are noisy. Dont know how much truth is in that but I went there because they are trusted and my Camaro was small fish in the pond.

Now to front, I always get fricking knocking noises up front. Decided for hell of it to get some new sway endlinks and noticed that on the middle setting it looks like its hitting my lower control arm. I went all the way out and now im clearing. I will post results later.
My experience is that your dealer is right about extra noise.

I don't remember if I noticed what style bushings you opt'd to go with, but I'm running their spherical bushings, and they are noisier than OEM. Mine don't rattle, per se, but noise comes through the chassis (partially because of my ZLE cradle bushings) over smaller cracks/pot holes/irregularities than stock. I'm not much of a fan of this stuff, but, it seems like these mods' make the most sense for the kind of power I'm around. It's not a lot, but it's a bit more than stock, and on sticky tires, I'd expect a good bit more flex in the OEM arms and bushings than I'd want to see. Also - the spherical rod ends cost me some spring rate loss (the height loss I noticed, too, was about that of a drop spring) that I have tried to make-up a bit for, and that cost me a little ride height (which I didn't want a lower height, lol). BUT - oh well.

At any rate: I've read some comments about NOT going with poly-bushings, but I'm not sure where I stand on that. They'd be quieter, and probably not wear out as fast as these will. Maybe they won't be as precise and bind-up at all, but I'm sure I'd find or exceed what GM's engineers designed these for anyways. Good luck with sorting this out

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 12:15 PM   #6
teddyca

At this point I am content with my suspension. I think the cradle and lockout kit are all I didnt do. I know I did the sway bar, the upper/control/tow rods, chassis brace, and springs. Heres some pictures of my mess out back. I am not investing another dime. I have a nitrous kit to finish in the C8 and a motor in the C&. Camaro is done lol
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2023, 11:19 PM   #7
Spudsmaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 6 SPEED MANUAL CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyca View Post

I had the same exact issue when I first installed my sway bar. If you loosen the bushings, you can move the sway bar left and right and give it the proper space between both control arms on both sides. However I see you already fixed your issue in your own way just wanted to give another pov of the same issue.
Spudsmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 08:34 AM   #8
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Chiming in on your sway bar what i think i see there. The arm ought to be level or parallel and it looks as though its in a downward orientation. Too your links are nearly completely shortened. The noisy rear i had was what i think im seeing in your setup. I unhooked both links and raised the the arms up as level as they would go. Then lengthened the links to fit, i have the nonadj bar. I think my mistake was oe length on the links and i pulled the bar down to meet them instead of the other way around. Too your bar should rotate freely in its arc in the frame bushings.
Just relaying what spent weeks sirting out with my setup.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 10:49 AM   #9
teddyca

You know you boys might be on to something here. My Camaro makes 600rwhp and I will tell you with all this suspension work, expensive ass alignment, etc. This car doesnt hook for crap. I mean its bad. I have Stance 20X11 w/ 305/30-20 Nitto 555R2 tires. My Corvettes have never been this bad. Not even close. I am wondering if this is part of the issue? I know the Maggie loves to come on quick but damn. If I turn off TC its reckless. I am going to check out the sway bar alignment. I appreciate the feedback.