Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-17-2023, 03:18 AM   #15
Zuberman717

Drives: 18 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceme1117 View Post
I know not all things made in China are junk, just most. That includes Speed Engineering headers - junk.

Kooks is what you should have gotten. More expensive, but the fit and don't have any of these problems.
I agree. Wish i just spent more and went with either kooks or ARH. Just wanted to risk it and try this headers for a cheaper price. Well i didnt make right decision
Zuberman717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 03:10 PM   #16
Xaxas

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuberman717 View Post
I agree. Wish i just spent more and went with either kooks or ARH. Just wanted to risk it and try this headers for a cheaper price. Well i didnt make right decision
You just got a dud, that happens, even Toyota has lemons, do they have a reputation for bad quality like say, Dodge? If a lot of people were having issues with them, they wouldn't be so popular because they know the enthusiast community is very tight, they want to have as good of a product for the price point they can and quality service too, the real issue isn't when a product arrives damaged, it's how the seller handles it.

Previous: 2017 2LT aka "Noire"
Mods: Chevrolet Performance Suspension || K&N Cold Air Intake || Borla ATAK Mufflers + Catback system || MRR 650 ZL1 replicas with squared 285/30 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S || ZZP 4 piston brake kit + braided brake lines || BMR everything (Solid/Lockout cradle bushing are a MUST in Camaros)
Xaxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 08:48 AM   #17
Spudsmaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 6 SPEED MANUAL CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuberman717 View Post
Hi,

I just got my Speed Engineering 1 7/8 Headers with X-pipe, I ordered the headers from (wildhammermotorsports.com). The first looks at the headers were very disappointing

First, the headers and xpipe were packaged very poorly, its like a package you get in supermarket when buying food!!

Second, one of the headers outlets came bent (photo attached). I swear the headers looks like its been used as its dirty while the other set looked cleaner. This damage could be from the shipping company but if the package has been done properly this wouldnt of happened. I bought headers before from ARH and never it came like this.

Third, the welds are very very poor (photo attached)

Forth, one of the primary headers is welded in two areas, while the photos in Speed Engineering web does not show any welds !!

Fifth, the specially ordered 3 layer LT gasket came in bent as well !!

Honestly im very disappointed. I didn't even install it yet and already disappointed with poor quality and handling of the package. Please make your self a favor and pay more and get the premium quality of ARH or Kooks. I would of returned those for sure however im over seas gonna cost me a lot to ship back :(

https://ibb.co/ZHpkq34
https://ibb.co/f1kDqV4
https://ibb.co/fQbXN6c

… should have ordered them directly from speed engineering. I got my 2 inch long tubes and x pipe from them directly and the packaging was very good everything wrapped in plastic then bubble wrapped then put into a nice secure box.

Why buy from a second or third party when you can get it directly from them?
Nonetheless I hope it all works out for you.
Spudsmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 05:14 PM   #18
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
the bent pipe is an easy fix, the welds are fine for the cheapest header on the market, won't affect anything in anyway.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 05:43 PM   #19
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
you get what you pay for all of my afe power parts headers and exhaust looked awesome when new and almost 7 years later still look good and sound even better!
Old 08-17-2023, 11:24 PM   #20
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
I have aFe exhaust on my Miata, some of the finish is a little rough, that said,the thickness of material fit and performance are excellent.

As posted fit and finish and that is what is posted here is meaningless on the cheapest exhaust on the market. I'm sure it works just fine.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote