Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 08-14-2023, 02:45 PM   #1
Spudsmaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 6 SPEED MANUAL CAMARO
2021 LT1 camaro front runners.

Can the 2021 LT1 Camaro fit 17 x4.5 front runners on them?

I believe all models after 2021 with 4 piston brembos have upgraded heavy duty brembos with larger pads due to some laws in Cali. (I might be wrong or not all the way right) my car definitely has the heavy duty front four piston brembos. The pads alone are $255 from rock auto 😠. But nonetheless my question above is what I need answers to.

Or will I have to go with 18 inch front runners?

Thanks in advance
Spudsmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 03:15 PM   #2
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudsmaro View Post
Can the 2021 LT1 Camaro fit 17 x4.5 front runners on them?

I believe all models after 2021 with 4 piston brembos have upgraded heavy duty brembos with larger pads due to some laws in Cali. (I might be wrong or not all the way right) my car definitely has the heavy duty front four piston brembos. The pads alone are $255 from rock auto 😠. But nonetheless my question above is what I need answers to.

Or will I have to go with 18 inch front runners?

Thanks in advance
They made the non copper pads a little larger by only millimetres in size to produce the same test braking performance as the copper, apparently the copper pads will fit. I’m not sure if the calliper is positioned any further out in diameter from the rotor set up as with regular pads?
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 10:27 PM   #3
Spudsmaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 6 SPEED MANUAL CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryZL1 View Post
They made the non copper pads a little larger by only millimetres in size to produce the same test braking performance as the copper, apparently the copper pads will fit. I’m not sure if the calliper is positioned any further out in diameter from the rotor set up as with regular pads?
Yea….no clue man. I bought powerstop pads from rock auto for the lt1 model and when I went to install them I took my stock pad out and compared it to the power stop pad and it was almost twice the size and did not have the same holes where the pins slide thru. So I put the stock pads back in. They are 4 pistons for sure (A1X) (Y4Q) is the code for my brakes. Little off topic but nonetheless camaro talk.
Spudsmaro is offline   Reply With Quote