Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-03-2021, 11:18 AM   #15

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Wow. That web-site is on top of things. I clicked on the pic of the Z/28 for some news...

The article was over five years old...lol...

Anyhoo....Get your Camaro while you can. You'll regret not getting one if don't have one yet...I find it surprising that the Camaro will even make it to 2023/24. Call it a gift.

Good luck to Ford. They'll keep pumping out Mustangs as usual no matter if they are good or bad.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 12:05 PM   #16
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Are we not all aware that Ford Authority and GM Authority are the same people? So if GM Authority posts this two weeks ago are we really shocked that Ford Authority posts the same thing with a Mustang twist? Nothing to see here. Camaro is going away because GM is going all electric, so when CT4 and CT5 go, so does Camaro. Little if anything to do with Mustang.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 12:16 PM   #17
s2mikey

Drives: Buick, Toyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Wow. That web-site is on top of things. I clicked on the pic of the Z/28 for some news...

The article was over five years old...lol...

Anyhoo....Get your Camaro while you can. You'll regret not getting one if don't have one yet...I find it surprising that the Camaro will even make it to 2023/24. Call it a gift.

Good luck to Ford. They'll keep pumping out Mustangs as usual no matter if they are good or bad.
I hope I do get mine, eventually! Sad to see Camaros go but thats the way of things. Yes, the Mustang has become, well, rather ho-hum, IMO. The absolute top models are cool cars but the rest have the dime-a-dozen feeling and are rather unexciting. Just too many of them or something.
s2mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 01:01 PM   #18
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
In my neck of the woods, the Mustang is King and they absolutely hate Camaros. Forget taking a Camaro to a car show, they will hardly even judge it. Went to show with almost 150 cars, in my class 9 out 10 went to a Mustang and the other a Challenger. Won't bother attending most shows because of this. This is what GM has done to the Camaro legacy and it's a real shame.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 01:09 PM   #19
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
I feel abused that I actually opened the link. GM and Ford just don't do that so I was quite curious.

Of course I find nothing even close the what OP posted AND no new information other than someone at Fordauthority actually thinks the Mustang is doing "quite well" which it isn't.

The entire segment is dying a slow and agonizing death.

And for those that keep blaming GM Marketing for this, you simply can't accept the fact that of the 3 in this segment, the Camaro has the most tradeoffs. You can't market a car with a crap rear seat (GM's own admission at launch), the least trunk space (Sorry it's not useable) and of course visibility (easy to measure but the fanboys won't accept it). GM knows this. GM knows the tradeoffs they made.

As I've said, GM made the very best Left Handed baseball glove, maybe the best ever. And you all think that they can just go and set up a plan to sell it to Right Handed players.

GM rolled the dice on taking input only from the "Camaro Faithful" and lost. That message was make an even better Gen5 Camaro and GM succeeded on this in a HUGE way. It just wasn't the sales volume answer.

And it's really funny how so many think the Chief Engineer was "reassigned" to EVs. More than likely he was offered a career opportunity to what is most likely GM's future products and took it. The Camaro Chief Engineer role was filled and there is currently someone doing that job every day. That's usually how these thing roll at that level.

To a degree, you are right. But there is a big f'ing problem when people at work go "They still make Camaros?" when I was talking about my car. That is 100% pathetic on GM all the way period, there is no excuse.

Quote:
I'm not clear on your point. The LT4 in the Blackwing is different and has higher HP. And the latest Generation Mag Ride is getting rave reviews. So again an advancement over what is in the Camaro. Adding both of these would improve the Camaro, no?

Engine can be supported, next gen mag ride can't be supported by existing vehicle electronics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Are we not all aware that Ford Authority and GM Authority are the same people? So if GM Authority posts this two weeks ago are we really shocked that Ford Authority posts the same thing with a Mustang twist? Nothing to see here. Camaro is going away because GM is going all electric, so when CT4 and CT5 go, so does Camaro. Little if anything to do with Mustang.

Once upon a time they were decent, they have now become maybe one step better than jalopnik This is what happens as magazines and books are lost, internet editing is pathetic indeed, anyone can do it.

It is pathetic that Ford put the Mustang as electric as the MustakE, F body guy and that still made me die inside. GM has some excellent products, but for some reason they go for bland vanilla instead of listening to customers or trying something new, not aping whatever trend someone else started. Barra wa good from a company perspective and keeping it alive, but I'm seriously dispappointed in Reuss since his appointment. (look what his dad had a hand in creating....)Where is excitement? Where is something new, novel or worthy of a cult following? Dumbasses didn't have a Camaro commercial on Facebook until they sold out of 21s and the factory was closed. So much good, just ruined by lackadaisical attempts. Now we have jerk off in chief climate change and getting electric shit rammed down our throats.
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 01:31 PM   #20
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Quote:
I feel abused that I actually opened the link. GM and Ford just don't do that so I was quite curious.

Of course I find nothing even close the what OP posted AND no new information other than someone at Fordauthority actually thinks the Mustang is doing "quite well" which it isn't.

The entire segment is dying a slow and agonizing death.

And for those that keep blaming GM Marketing for this, you simply can't accept the fact that of the 3 in this segment, the Camaro has the most tradeoffs. You can't market a car with a crap rear seat (GM's own admission at launch), the least trunk space (Sorry it's not useable) and of course visibility (easy to measure but the fanboys won't accept it). GM knows this. GM knows the tradeoffs they made.

As I've said, GM made the very best Left Handed baseball glove, maybe the best ever. And you all think that they can just go and set up a plan to sell it to Right Handed players.

GM rolled the dice on taking input only from the "Camaro Faithful" and lost. That message was make an even better Gen5 Camaro and GM succeeded on this in a HUGE way. It just wasn't the sales volume answer.

And it's really funny how so many think the Chief Engineer was "reassigned" to EVs. More than likely he was offered a career opportunity to what is most likely GM's future products and took it. The Camaro Chief Engineer role was filled and there is currently someone doing that job every day. That's usually how these thing roll at that level.
Absolutely spot-on, no.3 and your best attempt yet at explaning why Camaro's sales volume trails that of its competition.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 01:44 PM   #21
s2mikey

Drives: Buick, Toyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin19 View Post
In my neck of the woods, the Mustang is King and they absolutely hate Camaros. Forget taking a Camaro to a car show, they will hardly even judge it. Went to show with almost 150 cars, in my class 9 out 10 went to a Mustang and the other a Challenger. Won't bother attending most shows because of this. This is what GM has done to the Camaro legacy and it's a real shame.
What a boring sounding show! Nothing but mostly Stangs and a few Challengers? Yawn.
s2mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 02:11 PM   #22
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
i have seen some nice challengers,but after my buddys 2016 chally caught on fire in his driveway and melted all its aluminum bits to the pavement,thats a negatory.we still make marshmellow jokes at car shows.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 02:12 PM   #23
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
@s2mikey … Congrats on your 2022 order. You do realize that LT1 and V6 are mutually exclusive, right? Maybe you meant 1LT V6. LT1 is literally the RPO code for the 6.2L V8. 1LT is a vehicle trim level that could have either a 2.0T or 3.6L V6.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 02:36 PM   #24
Dave777

Drives: 1985 Z28
GM might move to kill Camaro sooner due to poor sales.

It’s a shame there is zero effort by GM to promote the Camaro.

Even the GM website to search for cars sucks, should be similar to Car Guru.
Dave777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 03:43 PM   #25
Ding

Drives: 19' Trailboss,22' 2SS 1LE
I’d be upset that the camaro is going away if I was a mustang guy, the camaro helps Ford put some effort into the mustang, see the 2004-2010 mustang for an example of what they put out when there was no battle with Chevy.
2022 Riverside 2SS 1LE 6M #2388
1100 on July 6th
3000 TPW 8/30 on August 13th
3100 Status TPW 9/13 on August 19th
3400 Status TPW 8/30 on August 26th
3800 Status on Oct 7th
Delivered on Oct 28th
Ding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 03:49 PM   #26
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Drives: 2020 red hot 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post
What a boring sounding show! Nothing but mostly Stangs and a few Challengers? Yawn.
In his class. Re-read his post. I’m sure there were plenty of classics..etc
Venomcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 05:59 PM   #27
rickr9504

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1 LE
I am tired of hearing that the Camaro is not selling and they are killing it because of poor sales. I have been trying to locate a new 2SS 1LE for the past 6 months and cannot find one available. The dealers here don't even have regular 2SS. The chevy page shows a bunch but they are all in transit and when you inquire, they are mostly part of an order placed and already sold. Those that are not sold are way too expensive or come with options people do not want.

Conclusion, if Chevy start actually filling the dealers lot, they will sell. I am pretty sure of that. Anything else is an excuse to justify something the woke leadership of GM is planning by making all their cars electric.
Old 10-03-2021, 06:05 PM   #28
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomcustom View Post
In his class. Re-read his post. I’m sure there were plenty of classics..etc
Your right, the show had at least 7 different classes actually.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote