Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-14-2018, 10:12 PM   #1
Old blue eyes

Drives: 2016 1lt 3.6
Custom mount

Hey People.

This is my first post so forgive me if it's in the wrong place. (delete if so)
I recently bought my first camaro 2016 1LT. While I've had it less than 2 weeks, I think it's time for my two loves to collide; my car and my 3d printer.

So, I wanted to reach out to you guys who've owned their cars much longer than I. My car didn't come equipped with nav, but that isn't a big deal as I prefer android auto, but where do I put my phone!? Where do you put it? More importantly where do you want to put it? I've searched all the 3d printing websites and i can't find anything Camaro specific. I'm self taught in CAD but not too shabby, so making my own shouldn't be too hard. my phone is pretty big and takes up both cup holders and I've been pondering where i can put it while not blocking anything and looks clean/stock. I don't need to see it as it's connected to the car's screen but have it easily accessible to "grab and go" and because Android Auto is still a little buggy.

TL/DR: I want to make a phone holder and 3d print it. any suggestions on where to put it?

Thank you,
Rob

2016 3.6L
Old blue eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:10 PM   #2
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Have you seen the one that Weathertech has out. It fits down in the cupholder and appears to be very secure and easily accessible.
https://www.weathertech.com/cupfone/
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 01:27 AM   #3
Old blue eyes

Drives: 2016 1lt 3.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hprush View Post
Have you seen the one that Weathertech has out. It fits down in the cupholder and appears to be very secure and easily accessible.
https://www.weathertech.com/cupfone/
I've seen similar one when looking for my last vehicle. Doesn't really apply in this situation as I no longer needs to see the display of the phone. would be easy to duplicate with a 3d printer.

I've seen the knee pads for the center console i was thinking about maybe making my own and incorporate a slot to slide the phone in between the pad and the console. Thoughts?

2016 3.6L
Old blue eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 02:37 PM   #4
NewCamaroOrder

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray 1LE
On some or all of the 2SS models they come with a wireless phone charger that appears to attach to the rear of the center console. My phone fits and stays pretty good. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8. It sounds like you have a bigger phone.

You might be able to buy just that piece. If you 3D print one, you could custom fit your phone so it holds your phone perfect. Just another option. On the attached image I circled the piece I'm talking about.
Attached Images

NewCamaroOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 02:40 PM   #5
Tyl3r

Drives: Camaro 2LT
The Proclip mount, although expensive, is the way to go!

https://www.proclipusa.com

As far as the 3D printing thing, maybe you can print the device holder and save a few $.
Tyl3r is offline   Reply With Quote