Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 11-28-2018, 10:02 AM   #1
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
"See George Jetson!"

Ah yes, we are really approaching that fantasy. Look at GM stating that they are moving forward with cars that have "Zero emissons, Zero accidents, Zero congestion." Won't be a fantasy for long in my opinion, as the near future will have electric, driverless cars. And some day, they will indeed levitate. No more roads, potholes, plowing, etc. Look, I love my V8 Camaro more than anything, and the thought sickens me that someday people will not be able to drive themselves. However, I do see the positives. No pollution, far less deaths due to accidents, which do kill THOUSANDS of people each year. And some day as we get into the "Jetson" era, no more roads. Just flying over green grass in a pod with soft cushions. Heck, you can make whoopee while driving down the road! lol. It will happen, and the people of the future will look back on us like we look back on cities filled with horses and all the problems that went with that. The Jetsons are not that far off!
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 11:11 AM   #2
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
I always liked Judy Jetson. She has hair like Khaleesi. I'd hit that in a heartbeat.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 01:08 PM   #3
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
I was always a big fan of Ariel, but Elsa is my new Disney crush. Even had the wife dress up like her.

On topic, we are already far exceeding the ability of this planet to sustain the population and current growth, so saving hundreds of thousands of lives yearly will just make that particular problem worse. No one likes the idea of innocent people dying, but it’s one part that needs to be discussed as well.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 01:53 PM   #4
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
I was always a big fan of Ariel, but Elsa is my new Disney crush. Even had the wife dress up like her.

On topic, we are already far exceeding the ability of this planet to sustain the population and current growth, so saving hundreds of thousands of lives yearly will just make that particular problem worse. No one likes the idea of innocent people dying, but it’s one part that needs to be discussed as well.
I agree. Just imagine how many people find new jobs just by reading the obituaries.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 02:28 PM   #5
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
You guys are funny, in a sick sort of way. While were at it, let's get rid of polio vaccines and the like. No use keeping people alive. lol. I prefer to look at the issue from the other side---How can we improve our current environment to improve and enrich our lives and the lives of future generations. Zero emissions would seem to be a step forward. Maybe you guys ought to be promoting birth control instead of thinking that deadly accidents are a better form of that.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 02:56 PM   #6
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post

Ok Thanos
Old 11-28-2018, 07:18 PM   #7
SharpOldNo7

Drives: 2015 2LT RS Convertible
The car maybe zero emissions but the generating plant that produced the electricity is not zero emissions. I reckon I’ll be Henry the Jetson complex superintendent with a gas burner in the garage.
SharpOldNo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 07:22 PM   #8
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
I always liked Judy Jetson. She has hair like Khaleesi. I'd hit that in a heartbeat.

You could not be more right!!!
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 11:22 PM   #9
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Ok Thanos
Old 11-29-2018, 05:50 AM   #10
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpOldNo7 View Post
The car maybe zero emissions but the generating plant that produced the electricity is not zero emissions. I reckon I’ll be Henry the Jetson complex superintendent with a gas burner in the garage.
well they ALL COULD be, but the general public of our country is to ignorant to realize and understand.....I know the one that I have worked at for the last 36 years has ZERO EMMISSIONS foot print. NUCLEAR POWER is the way to go!!!
Old 11-29-2018, 07:39 AM   #11
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
well they ALL COULD be, but the general public of our country is to ignorant to realize and understand.....I know the one that I have worked at for the last 36 years has ZERO EMMISSIONS foot print. NUCLEAR POWER is the way to go!!!
I’m all for it.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:00 PM   #12
SharpOldNo7

Drives: 2015 2LT RS Convertible
Nuclear is the way to go. Worked around one in Port Gipson MS. Three Mile Island and Chernobyl are a couple of reasons that ruined it for our future.
SharpOldNo7 is offline   Reply With Quote