Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-06-2018, 09:50 AM   #43
VJChevelle67
The Beast

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro Convertible
Coming un glued

Checked the Beast yesterday so far no signs of a rear window problem hope it never does.
VJChevelle67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 11:57 AM   #44
goshawk823

Drives: 2017 RS convertible
I just had my top replaced under warranty for the rear window de-laminating on the driver's side; two spots. One near the top corner, one near the bottom. I do not drive this car with the windows down and the top up, so I don't believe that was my issue.
As a side note, the current dealership had a convertible top guy, but he wouldn't touch mine. (?? Why have a convertible guy, if he can't fix a convertible??)
They had the work done at a local shop and they had never done a 6th gen. After the work was done, I had to peel apart the seal at the front passenger panel and redo it, as the shop didn't set it correctly. Otherwise, they "learned" on mine, and did an otherwise good job.

This top is much easier to replace than the 5th gens, which I am told had a bunch of strings that had to be threaded back in place. I remember when I had my 5th gens that the convertible tops were a nightmare when they were first introduced.

The shop time to do the replacement was about 2 hours, by the way.
2010 2LT RS
2013 2SS RS

Current ride:
2017 Camaro 2LT RS convertible
goshawk823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 03:24 PM   #45
Kevin_S17

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 Vert Summit White
I have my car scheduled to get the rear glass tinted at the end of August. I currently don't have any issues with my glass. I'm wondering if I should cancel the tint job. Thoughts?
Kevin_S17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 11:27 AM   #46
goshawk823

Drives: 2017 RS convertible
I'd go ahead and get it tinted. Can't worry about something that may never happen to you.
2010 2LT RS
2013 2SS RS

Current ride:
2017 Camaro 2LT RS convertible
goshawk823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:19 PM   #47
Kevin_S17

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 Vert Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by goshawk823 View Post
I'd go ahead and get it tinted. Can't worry about something that may never happen to you.
Good point
Old 08-15-2018, 06:42 PM   #48
SSaltlife

Drives: '17 2SS Convertible 6M
Update on Top Replacement

Update on my top replacement...I had it replaced earlier this month. I tested it at the dealership and all seems ok but we've had 40 days and nights or frickin' rain so I haven't been able to drop the top. The only issue I have from the top replacment is the dreaded wind noise! It seems to be coming from the front passenger side. Talked to my advisor and will have it addressed at my upcoming oil change. I am pleased with the service so far as they seem committed to making sure that the top is fixed and that I am satisfied with the repairs.
SSaltlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 02:47 PM   #49
SSaltlife

Angry Top Update

Latest update. Having to take the car back in for more work on the top. In addition to the wind noise, now there is a minor leak in the center above the passenger side window. It isn't like my '12 in which I would have a river of rain water in the back floor board, but a trickle when the weather stripping channel gets full of water. So they ordered new weather stripping in hopes that will resolve the issue. I hope GM is monitoring these boards because I am not a happy camper. My car has only 15,000 miles and I have had a top issue, now my rims are peeling paint and my HUD stopped working. This is all kinds of NO BUENO GM. I am so disappointed!
Old 11-04-2018, 03:57 PM   #50
SSaltlife

Weather stripping was replaced and resolved the leak and wind noise. So far GM is standing behind their product (they also warranted my rims and HUD issues).
Old 11-29-2018, 11:24 PM   #51
mikert363

Drives: Camaro V6 3.6L Convertible RS
Camaro RS V6 Conv. Rear window coming out

I am having the same issue mine is coming loose a lot though. Maybe because of the cold weather? It just started getting cold here. About 27 degrees. Here are some pics of it when it started coming loose. It has gotten worse to the point i can see the inside of the car through the hole.
Attached Images

mikert363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 02:07 PM   #52
the chosen one

Drives: 2017 Convertible 1SS A8
I have this issue with my convertible. It seems to have gotten worse with the colder weather, as the delamination was just at the top-center of the window during the summer but has now spread around the corners of the rear window. I'm at 23k so it should be covered under warranty.

Last edited by the chosen one; 01-23-2019 at 01:58 PM.
the chosen one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 01:57 PM   #53
Securiti

Drives: 2017 Red Hot SS
Hello all. First time post here. I have a 2017 convertible with the back window coming loose. I contacted the local Chevy garage. And the short story is they agreed to pay $900 of the replacement bill. And I would pay$900 of the bill. I said no to that because I have extended warranty through a private person. So they said they were going to try to get the extended warranty company to just pay for it all. And that’s where I stand right now with my window coming loose from the top. Btw. It has 39300 miles on it.
Securiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 09:58 AM   #54
Desmondh80

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Vert
I had a binding issue on my top before my bumper to bumper warranty was up. Took it in and they had to adjust the top, replace the weather stripping and sew something back to the top? Now I'm past the bumper to bumper warranty and the rear window is delaminating and there is another issue with the weather stripping. Took it to the local dealership and they called this morning and chevy has declined any repairs. I have called chevy and opened a case and now I have to wait two more days to hear from someone else. This is my 4th f body and was seriously considering upgrading to a zl1 this year and now at this point I am not sure I even want another camaro...much less another chevy....
Desmondh80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 05:05 PM   #55
MrBrownstone030

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Securiti View Post
Hello all. First time post here. I have a 2017 convertible with the back window coming loose. I contacted the local Chevy garage. And the short story is they agreed to pay $900 of the replacement bill. And I would pay$900 of the bill. I said no to that because I have extended warranty through a private person. So they said they were going to try to get the extended warranty company to just pay for it all. And that’s where I stand right now with my window coming loose from the top. Btw. It has 39300 miles on it.

I am having the same issue with my 2016 model and I am also out of my Bumper to Bumper Warranty. I have been offered the same deal but was pushing for a full coverage replacement as it seems to be a manufactures defect that they have acknowledged via the service bulletin.

Does anyone that has had their top replaced know if they have resolved the issue with the back glass (a different part number or different/more adhesive being used? I'm not to keen on paying $900 for a new top only to run into the same issue in another 2 1/2 years!
MrBrownstone030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:07 PM   #56
Securiti

Drives: 2017 Red Hot SS
They desided to replace mine at no cost to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrownstone030 View Post
I am having the same issue with my 2016 model and I am also out of my Bumper to Bumper Warranty. I have been offered the same deal but was pushing for a full coverage replacement as it seems to be a manufactures defect that they have acknowledged via the service bulletin.

Does anyone that has had their top replaced know if they have resolved the issue with the back glass (a different part number or different/more adhesive being used? I'm not to keen on paying $900 for a new top only to run into the same issue in another 2 1/2 years!

I got notice for days ago that they are going to replace the old convertible top at no cost to me. It just took a little bit of a fight. I have a 2017 Camaro SS with about 39500 miles on it. They are subbing the job out to a custom car shop. They said they will need it for about four days

Last edited by Securiti; 01-06-2019 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Misspelled
Securiti is offline   Reply With Quote