Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Gen5DIY

Old 12-08-2018, 11:25 AM   #85
batman53201
Account not blocked

Drives: The Batmobile
street racing. so immature
Old 12-08-2018, 11:40 AM   #86
lightsOUT

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Krypton Green
This reminds me of the helmet/ motorcycle debate. In today’s world of ZERO personal accountability people seem to forget that when they decide to engage in dangerous behavior they ARE endangering the lives of others even if they’re alone when the engaged in the dangerous behavior.

In the event that the lone participant of said dangerous behavior is killed or seriously injured there’s a complicated heavily involved chain of events that are set in motion weather the participant wants it or knows of it. First responders, fire, police, paramedics, medical examiners, coroner, tow trucks, helicopters, ambulance drivers, traffic control..... the list goes on and on. Those people are risking their lives in those moments weather you want them to or not. Not to mention John Q. Public who’s in danger with new traffic patterns and rubber necking drivers. Double not to mention property damage. I don’t expect my factual above post to sway anyone’s opinion. People with little to no accountability will fail to see the logic in my statement.

I had a work associate who I had this same conversation with. He too failed to understand my logic. He had a fast bike and liked to crank it up on the highway. He said it was ok cause he did it at 5 on Sunday mornings by himself on a local part of the interstate. I tried to explain to him that there’s still dangers weather you perceive them to be or not. He said I was wrong.
lightsOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 03:31 PM   #87
mariojmoe

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybnormal70 View Post
But you say the cops have better things to do than that. So why did they bother stopping you or your friends? Seems like wasted time if they have better things to do.

Kevin
No I said better things to do than chase youtubers street racing. Go back and re-read. Btw I'm NOT trying to persuade anybody to understand my point of view or to change anyone's opinion on street racing. I personally could care less what others think about me. I'm simply stating my way of looking at things.

Quick story - My ex bf (yes I'm gay) wanted me to move to Seattle with him 3 years ago from Houston. I didn't even have to think abt it to say Hell no bc the weather sucks and it's super crowded and nowhere to race. At the time I had a modded ctsv wagon, a 09 Z06, and a 13 grand cherokee srt. Outside of the Jeep there was no point of having a fun car bc where on earth would I enjoy it? No open roads, always a shit ton of traffic, bad weather usually. In this case I would never think about street racing period plus the racing scene up there are teenagers in loud fart canned riced out imports smh. Texas is street race friendly for a reason and I'm far from alone on this theory (think tx2k).
2018 F150 Lariat 5.0 fx4 ccsb
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 07:05 PM   #88
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
No I said better things to do than chase youtubers street racing. Go back and re-read. Btw I'm NOT trying to persuade anybody to understand my point of view or to change anyone's opinion on street racing. I personally could care less what others think about me. I'm simply stating my way of looking at things.

Quick story - My ex bf (yes I'm gay) wanted me to move to Seattle with him 3 years ago from Houston. I didn't even have to think abt it to say Hell no bc the weather sucks and it's super crowded and nowhere to race. At the time I had a modded ctsv wagon, a 09 Z06, and a 13 grand cherokee srt. Outside of the Jeep there was no point of having a fun car bc where on earth would I enjoy it? No open roads, always a shit ton of traffic, bad weather usually. In this case I would never think about street racing period plus the racing scene up there are teenagers in loud fart canned riced out imports smh. Texas is street race friendly for a reason and I'm far from alone on this theory (think tx2k).
Guess what they do have in the Seattle area?

A racetrack.

Crazy, I know.
DD/HPDE: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE|| DD: 1994 Honda Accord Wagon || Tow Vehicle: 2004 Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 08:05 PM   #89
Royal Tiger
Sd Kfz 182

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99 GFX Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Guess what they do have in the Seattle area?

A racetrack.

Crazy, I know.
Whatís wrong with you? You canít bring common sense into this train wreck of a thread!!!
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:02 AM   #90
ICTsccaCamaro
ITCRNRS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoutlawss View Post
You gotta know the whole entire story just don't go by the headline man it's not exactly right. If you watch this thread you will see the entire truth come out soon
PLEASE stop calling yourself a "youtuber" at 1K subs you are a nothing in the Youtube world and are disgracing the real Youtubers calling yourself one.
SOLD: 2012 Black 2LT/RS, Fully 1LE swapped, Wichita Region SCCA #98
ICTsccaCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:30 AM   #91
zoutlawss

Drives: 2018 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by batman53201 View Post
street racing. so immature

Yes you are right and now another gets arrested and puts up a gofundme.

Is it right or wrong for someone making a ton of money putting a gofundme up ?

zoutlawss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:56 AM   #92
Silveradoss573

Drives: 2015 AGM 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoutlawss View Post
Yes you are right and now another gets arrested and puts up a gofundme.

Is it right or wrong for someone making a ton of money putting a gofundme up ?

Not gonna lie but you got me confused. I have watched a few of your videos...nice car btw and you do seem like a decent person. But where's your line at on this GoFundMe BS? I mean you've been promoting for everybody to donate to family cruisin guy right? Now another idiot gets nailed and your against his GoFundMe?

And yes I know Paul's mom set up that account but he should have told her to take it down the day he got out of jail and found out about it but it's still up. Not surprised as when he blew his $20,000+ engine up and had a GoFundMe setup as well. Absolutely no difference between the two at the end of the day. Nothing but a bunch of lowlife beggars end of story.

Sold
1967 Chevrolet Camaro RS Bracket Car
2003 Chevrolet Silverado SS
2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1
2001 Procharged Ford Mustang GT
1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34
1976 Chevrolet Malibu (first car)
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:09 AM   #93
zoutlawss

Drives: 2018 1LE
Familycruisin lost his entire income over the arrest and was arrested for his Youtube videos. His whole way of life was taken basically over night.

Tall Guy Car reviews was arrested for apparently doing something on the way to a track event. I have no idea what just heard the cops say street racing.

Tall guy has not lost his income and by social blades stats and the amounts of subs and views he gets he could be and probably is making somewhere in the range of 10K to 20K a month. He also sells a lot of merchandise.

Totally two different scenarios. If the same thing that happened to Tall Guy as what happened to familycruisin then I would be supporting him 100% on the gofundme.

I just have a problem with Youtubers who make some serious money asking for donations for legal fees when they are fully able to pay themselves because of their actions.

I never really agreed with family cruisin asking for donations for the hellcat engine. I just think it was wrong to destroy a mans life over Youtube videos that did not harm anyone.

Just my opinion and nothing else. Don't really agree with automotive Youtubers who still have plenty of income asking people to get them out of trouble.

That was the whole point of the video
zoutlawss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, camaro1le, familycruisin, hellcat