Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Phastek Performance

Old 09-07-2023, 10:15 AM   #15
EddyC

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2SS
No, you need to replace the quarter panel. I did try a fix with JB weld as it hadn't fully broken but didn't last long given the tension on it the whole time.
EddyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 05:31 PM   #16
GXP08jrf

Drives: 2016 1LT 'Vert
Replace

You'll need to replace the complete close-out panel, which includes the spring and sliding flap. It's possible that the slider's linkage system will also need to be replaced. The spring alone is not servicable.

The new panels have an additional securing clip designed in, which will likely need to be clipped-off to use in your 2016. The alternative would be to install new rear window regulators, which have an additional slot to accept the redesigned panel's additonal clip.

i think there are other threads that provide additional detail and instruction...
GXP08jrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 12:45 PM   #17
Camaroesq

Drives: C6 Z06

I am bringing my 2019 2ss vert in this week for the same issue. My warranty expired 7/31/23. Car has 4,100 miles on it. Hardly used the top, car is babied and (was) perfect. I am not surprised by anything these days.
Camaroesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 03:31 PM   #18
Shock and Steel

Drives: 2023 Camaro Convertible 2LT
Does anyone know if these convertible top issues were fixed and revised for 2023 models? I've opened/closed the top maybe 15-20 times over the last 5 months, and haven't seen a problem yet.
Shock and Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 03:53 PM   #19
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock and Steel View Post
Does anyone know if these convertible top issues were fixed and revised for 2023 models? I've opened/closed the top maybe 15-20 times over the last 5 months, and haven't seen a problem yet.
Anything they may have done are minor tweaks. I'm not aware of any actual "fixes" for any of the issues people have encountered. The biggest problem overall still seems (to me) like it's the delaminating of the glass in the rear window. Don't drive with the top up and you reduce the risk of that.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 08:47 AM   #20
02blackss

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Anything they may have done are minor tweaks. I'm not aware of any actual "fixes" for any of the issues people have encountered. The biggest problem overall still seems (to me) like it's the delaminating of the glass in the rear window. Don't drive with the top up and you reduce the risk of that.
I still think the delaminating window issue is caused by hot sun/cooling cycles loosening the glue. I could also be wrong. But interestingly enough, pretty much every single Canadian convertible owner I have spoke to has not had this happen to them. Starting in 2016 and up I do not know of a single one. Cooler temps, sun not as intense and winter storage from November to April may also help.

This is no excuse, but I still stand by that theory. My 23' as of yet has had no issues with the convertible top. But its still too new to make any assumptions.
02blackss is offline   Reply With Quote