Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-16-2024, 07:52 AM   #1
Texan4iu
BLEW BIU

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Hyper Blue
Stainless Works Exhaust Hanger Failure

Anyone had issues with the Stainless Works exhaust hangers coming off their exhaust? This happened on both the driver and passenger sides. I put the Redline Series on in February of 2021, so they've been on for almost 3 years. I had them welded back on by my muffler shop, but he said they are going to come apart again due to how thin the 304 is. Since the exhaust has a warranty, I contacted Stainless Works to see if they had a fix for this issue. The only thing they offered is for me to send them back to them so they could fix it. Quite the hassle obviously. Looking at their website, they have several exhaust hanger options (Weld-on, Saddle Clamp, 90-degree Band Clamp, and the current hanger I have), so now I'm trying to see if any of these other options are better than the current hanger once it fails again.
Attached Images

Last edited by Texan4iu; 01-16-2024 at 08:10 AM.
Texan4iu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 01:25 PM   #2
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Ive had that sort of failure and all you can do is repair it as best you can and get on with your life. The manuf makes it an ordeal but then I don't know what I really realistically expected. I had one (starts with an A and ends in E) tell me if I had a joint welded up to fix their F up that they've void the warranty. I lol'd.

In your picture I'd maybe suggest that that hanger be in a J shape around the pipe and tacked in several places might make it more durable.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 01:37 PM   #3
Texan4iu
BLEW BIU

WhiteMale, I guess you & I are in the same boat (expecting too much). Lol. Their other hangers on their site are much better than what came with mine. I guess that's where my frustration begins because it appears they have a fix for it but aren't willing to help me out, even though it's still under warranty.
Attached Images

Old 01-16-2024, 01:51 PM   #4
MT-SS1LE

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE Sharkskin
That's pretty ridiculous to expect the customer to be without a vehicle for what, 2 weeks, while they repair the muffler and send it back to you? I had an issue with a Borla muffler and they just asked for pictures and then sent me out a replacement the next day. They sent me a pre-paid return label to send the damaged muffler back to them. Not sure if that's how Borla handles all warranty claims, but I was pretty impressed.
Old 01-16-2024, 01:54 PM   #5
Texan4iu
BLEW BIU

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT-SS1LE View Post
That's pretty ridiculous to expect the customer to be without a vehicle for what, 2 weeks, while they repair the muffler and send it back to you? I had an issue with a Borla muffler and they just asked for pictures and then sent me out a replacement the next day. They sent me a pre-paid return label to send the damaged muffler back to them. Not sure if that's how Borla handles all warranty claims, but I was pretty impressed.
That is quite impressive for sure (that they sent you a replacement). Well done, Borla!
Old 01-16-2024, 01:55 PM   #6
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Yes I think that their clamp options would be much better, I would think a good shop could fab up similar.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 06:49 AM   #7
Texan4iu
BLEW BIU

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
Yes I think that their clamp options would be much better, I would think a good shop could fab up similar.
Good point!