Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-04-2022, 07:02 PM   #1
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Feelings Creeping In!

Probably because I don't drive 'er in bad weather, I've had thoughts of trading the Camaro in on a pickup, Jeep, kind of thing. Washed it in the rain today. Felt a little better. Talk me off the ledge!
Old 12-04-2022, 07:30 PM   #2
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Endeavor to Persevere!
Old 12-04-2022, 07:32 PM   #3
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Consumer Reports rated them a not buy.
Plus on top of buyers remorse you will then feel the unending agony of trading in your baby.
Imagine the sense of desperation as you try to buy back the jewel you once had.
Many on here have.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.

Last edited by xstuntman; 12-04-2022 at 09:28 PM.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 08:19 PM   #4
The SS Godfather

Drives: 2010 CAMARO RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Probably because I don't drive 'er in bad weather, I've had thoughts of trading the Camaro in on a pickup, Jeep, kind of thing. Washed it in the rain today. Felt a little better. Talk me off the ledge!
DON'T DO IT!!
Some of my biggest regrets in life are WHY did i sell that!!
Toys are great, keep that Camaro dream alive- Get a Silverado 6.2 V8 as well...... live that dream !!!!
The SS Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 08:47 PM   #5
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Wait for the weather to improve and then take your Camaro out for a good, solid drive and I mean DRIVE IT! You're in N. Cal, there should be a nice, gentle twisty road somewhere so you can get "reacquainted".
Old 12-04-2022, 10:41 PM   #6
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
392 Wrangler?
Hey, I have no room to talk. I just bought my 6th 5th gen about 6 weeks ago. Every time I get rid of a 5th gen, another one follows me home.
Old 12-05-2022, 05:07 AM   #7
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! We are lucky enough to have ya here The SS Godfather had a good quote about selling things and regretting it. One fact it that enough time has gone by that we know that the CamaroGEN5 is reliable. My wife has the Jeep,. Hope you stay on board!!
Old 12-05-2022, 05:44 AM   #8
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
Yeah I have to agree about selling and then regretting. I have always said to myself "why did I do that" afterwards, but by then it's too late. I would say weight out your decision on pros and cons. Plus all these 5th gens will start to be hard to come by in the coming years.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 06:46 AM   #9
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
I bought my 5th gen as my "I'm never selling this car" and I think for most of us that is true. This is the last of "dumb" but smart performance cars. Putting my M6 in No traction control, no stability control mode is about the closest you can get to an old school hotrod these days. Even the 6th gens have rev match, hill assist...Hell my wife's jeep will slam on the brakes if I am backing up and get to close to a damn bush... lane assist, etc... The list goes on. Technology is nice, but sometimes its not. The 5th gen is one of Chevy's last Driver cars. In a few years as electric gets more and more popular these cars will become relics and become increasingly rare... I think that you will regret it. If the camaro is paid off, maybe entertain the idea of a car payment in a new truck or jeep and keep the car. That's my .02 cents. maybe you could add another power adder to make it more exciting? Supercharger? Turbo? Cam? Something like that might make you fall in love with it all over again.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 07:19 AM   #10
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
I get that itch every now and then. I mean, I already have a daily Yukon that I drive but its 23 years old and nothing special to look at. Soooo when its this time of the year and I go to strictly driving the Yukon I get the itch to trade it for something flashy and newer but then I remember that all my vehicles are paid off and insurance on the old Yukon is under 30 bucks a month. I figure Ill use this thing til it dies and then move into something newer when needed. For now, im enjoying no payments
Attached Images

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 07:44 AM   #11
Ashen 6.2

Drives: 2014 Camaro Z/SS
Dont do it. I tried selling mine a few years back and one person got with a few hundred of my absolute low dollar mark. Very glad I didn't sell it and having a blast with it now. If it would have sold I would be regretting it big time.

Mods - GPI 416 w/Custom Grind Cam, Ported Heads & Tuned by Ben, Holley Dominator ECU, Mag Heartbeat, ZL1 Fuel Pump & DSX Aux Pump, NW 103 TB, FIC 1650's, Alky Meth, Circle D 3600 Triple Disc, Kooks Headers, Viking Coil Overs & all the BMR Goodies in the rear, Zl1 3.23 Diff, DSS Axles, Gulfcoast Driveshaft, Hendrix Offset Diff Bushings, AFE Solid Subframe Bushings, 875HP/843TQ 5FDP
Ashen 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 08:32 AM   #12
Indian_Mack

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 1LT
Don't do it! It will leave an unfillable void!
I had a 94 z28 that I had to sell when the wife popped out a kid. Regretted it immediately and constantly after. Nothing felt like that car. Took me 20 years to finally be able to get my gen 5. Never again.
Indian_Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 10:06 AM   #13
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
"Vox Populi, Vox Dei," as Elon Musk says! (the people have spoken) I certainly have had the, 'I regret I sold that' moment several times before. It finally started raining in N CA and I need new rear tires.* So I wasn't driving it and that was working on my psyche. It's getting close to being paid off. I think I'll keep it.

*second set of Perelli's and man, when they lose tread it's hard to keep it hooked up even when it's dry. I suspect the tune and low torque management contributes to that...and needing tires every 2-3 years!
Old 12-05-2022, 10:50 AM   #14
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
I ordered my 2010 SS Camaro in August of 2009. I would never sell it. I have a 2017 Silverado as my daily driver, so I don't need to sell the Camaro. I did have 4 Camaros at the same time, one of each generation from a 1969 SS396 to the 6th gen. After I retired I sold all but the 2010 SS. It will get a new owner when I die.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote