Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 08-12-2016, 05:59 AM   #169
Bijiont

Drives: '69 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by obzidian View Post
M6 all day everyday, nuf said

Don't care how fast or refined an auto is. I'm plenty fast enough

Cant wait for this car... z06 with a backseat!!!
I keep telling myself this as well.

Plus the fact it sounds like the A10 option won't be available at launch which is a bummer.
Bijiont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:52 PM   #170
Fred25

Drives: 2SS Garnett,black enblems,AR Wheel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
LOL... just tell her the second Camaro is for her. That blue on the Dodge is a great color and one of my favorites.
Thanks the B5 blue is perfect. My chevy salesman bought a red Hellcat today after riding in mine. He confirmed that the first 10spd ZL1 will come my way. Hard to get a good wife like I have. I cant imagine having a ZL1, too. My Camaro will be hard to trade though.
Fred25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:39 PM   #171
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred25 View Post
Thanks the B5 blue is perfect. My chevy salesman bought a red Hellcat today after riding in mine. He confirmed that the first 10spd ZL1 will come my way. Hard to get a good wife like I have. I cant imagine having a ZL1, too. My Camaro will be hard to trade though.
That's awesome. I've had to let a couple great Camaros go to make room for bigger and better. This last one was the toughest for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijiont View Post
I keep telling myself this as well.

Plus the fact it sounds like the A10 option won't be available at launch which is a bummer.
It's funny how a thread title and the words interim availability has made this fact. Hopefully we can find out a bit more next week at the Fifty celebration.
Old 08-15-2016, 06:51 AM   #172
mrflorida

Drives: 18 - Camaro 2SS Garnet Red Tint
If you look a low mile 2013 ZL1 today it goes for about 41K. Think they were 55K so that's about 25% depreciation over 3yr. (-14k)
Compared to a 2015 1LE 44k new one year later 34k 23% depreciation 1 yr.
It appears the ZL1 holds its value better than lower models. 15 1LE gets hit more since new model year coming. Best time to buy if you want a deal and dont care about new.
mrflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 06:49 PM   #173
n_coming

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriTexan View Post
Really impressed with the 10 speed auto. I'm still wondering why GM spent SO much R&D money on the 8 speed auto with this beauty in the pipeline. Still - all win for us car buyers. Can't wait to see these in action. Although it's killing us CTS-V guys LOL!
You have a 2016 cts-v? Dude if I had one I would not be jelly and neither should you. As far as I know you have THE highest over all performance sedan in the world (I say overall because a model s can launch better but that is literally all it can do and I mean all, every other aspect of performance from post 0-60 acceleration to rolling acceleration to braking to cornering and handling it sucks and even then it can only launch a few times before power drain and battery heat get the best of it).

In performance your V is hanging with some very high up 2 seat sports cars. AND your using super sports, not cup 2's that a lot of said high up sports cars are using. Put on some cup 2's and we can add even more sports cars to the list that this sedan beats.
n_coming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 05:17 AM   #174
Marine Corps

Drives: 2016 2SS Garnet Red Camaro
Don't forget, all options are extra for the ZL1 including the A10. By the way, the ZL1 will blow away the new Corvette Grand Sport. It's rated at 460 hp compared to 650 hp.
Added Procharger supercharger.
Marine Corps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 12:04 PM   #175
nicksavage6981

Drives: dont have one
damn that thing is sweet
nicksavage6981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 07:40 AM   #176
Jimmytt6

Drives: Pontiac G8 GT, Camaro 94Z28,69 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Corps View Post
Don't forget, all options are extra for the ZL1 including the A10. By the way, the ZL1 will blow away the new Corvette Grand Sport. It's rated at 460 hp compared to 650 hp.
ZL1 will probably beat GS in a street race, but I bet a GS Z07 will hang right along with ZL1 on a road coarse. I believe Chevy said the GS ran just as fast as a ZR1 on there track. Would be a interesting race.
Jimmytt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 01:34 AM   #177
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
So are the ZL1's going for MSRP and over? nothing under? if you got a base manual no add on for 62, what options would you be missing?
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 04:28 AM   #178
Sgtrod

Drives: Camaro 1LE
I would guess PDR, and maybe some interior tidbits and aero...something like the c7 Z06. Although The previous Zl1s were pretty much all loaded. With the only option I know about being the recaro seats.
Sgtrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 08:09 AM   #179
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by formoutofchaos View Post
So are the ZL1's going for MSRP and over? nothing under? if you got a base manual no add on for 62, what options would you be missing?
Your options are:

A10 Transmission
Sunroof
Exposed Carbon Fiber Hood Extractor
Exposed CF Interior dash panel
Navigation/PDR
Black Metallic Center Stripe
Some floormat options
And any other accessories

Everything else you can think of that is available with Camaros is standard on the ZL1. (Recaro seats are STANDARD.)

As far as pricing...find a dealer that will sell it at MSRP or less...it's just another Camaro, no special production ## limitations. If one won't, another will...There's no reason to pay over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Corps View Post
Except the Grand Sport (Z07) includes those oooh so sticky tires. ZL1 does not. It also sports Carbon Ceramic brakes...And it weighs 400 lbs less. Around a road course...I think the Grand Sport would have the edge...

Now.....this winged Camaro they had rolling around......hmmmmmmmm
Old 10-12-2016, 12:16 PM   #180
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Your options are:

A10 Transmission
Sunroof
Exposed Carbon Fiber Hood Extractor
Exposed CF Interior dash panel
Navigation/PDR
Black Metallic Center Stripe
Some floormat options
And any other accessories

Everything else you can think of that is available with Camaros is standard on the ZL1. (Recaro seats are STANDARD.)

As far as pricing...find a dealer that will sell it at MSRP or less...it's just another Camaro, no special production ## limitations. If one won't, another will...There's no reason to pay over.

Except the Grand Sport (Z07) includes those oooh so sticky tires. ZL1 does not. It also sports Carbon Ceramic brakes...And it weighs 400 lbs less. Around a road course...I think the Grand Sport would have the edge...

Now.....this winged Camaro they had rolling around......hmmmmmmmm
Thanks for the response, i have the 1le on order and i can't help but feel when i drive an SS something is missing from my C7 so I'm considering changing to a ZL1 i would love it to be faster than my vet 3.5 seems perfect zero to sixty.

I just need a manual and carbon fiber hood * thought that was standard
whats the price I should fight for on that?
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:23 PM   #181
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
Quote:
Thanks for the response, i have the 1le on order and i can't help but feel when i drive an SS something is missing from my C7 so I'm considering changing to a ZL1 i would love it to be faster than my vet 3.5 seems perfect zero to sixty.

Carbon Fiber hood(insert) is standard.. however if you want the exposed weave and not painted black.. then that costs extra.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 01:55 PM   #182
Sgtrod

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:

Would like to hear what you feel is missing from your c7 when you drive an ss. I currently have a 1le (2015) that I have enjoyed the hell out of. I would say it feels more planted and I have never felt a "slide". As I read in an article, the 1le feels unflapable"...it doesnt get upset, even if I hit uneven pavement or pot hole in a fast curve...but...it is extremely anoying to feel like im "pretending to be fast" when an infinity g35 is hanging with me on the highway. 2017 1LE is marginally faster that the previous one.

I recently purchased a c7 z06 and the only thing I miss, sometimes, is the manual...but thats a story for another day. I KNOW Im faster in the auto. The camaro zl1 will have a lot of cooling solutions Tadge and the z do not...but hard pressed to say its a better option.

Things just happen faster in the z...like my skills and marbles are outmatched...but having owned c6s, Im psychologicaly prowned to thinking the tail end will not stay under me if more than moderately pushed.
Sgtrod is offline   Reply With Quote