Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-09-2016, 09:44 PM   #141
Bijiont

Drives: '69 Camaro
I have been in line with my dealer for a little over a month now and still pondering A10 or M6. Is anyone else having this dilemma?

Having driven manuals for my entire driving lifetime this is the first time I have even considered an auto for my personal car.

Where does everyone else stand on this?
Bijiont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 11:42 PM   #142
InTheMarket

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
For me, the M6 (my 13 SS) is an amazingly fun to drive car. However in this Generation the A10 is faster and more refined. I am going to go with the A10, and pick up a Golf, or other Hot-hatch type to fulfill my cravings for manual transmission fun. The Automatic is easier to drive in the city, and it shifts faster and beats PROFESSIONAL drivers around a track, so I know I can never personally drive the manual anywhere close to what they can, so I'm going with the A10 for those reasons.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:33 AM   #143
Bijiont

Drives: '69 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheMarket View Post
For me, the M6 (my 13 SS) is an amazingly fun to drive car. However in this Generation the A10 is faster and more refined. I am going to go with the A10, and pick up a Golf, or other Hot-hatch type to fulfill my cravings for manual transmission fun. The Automatic is easier to drive in the city, and it shifts faster and beats PROFESSIONAL drivers around a track, so I know I can never personally drive the manual anywhere close to what they can, so I'm going with the A10 for those reasons.
I am in a similar boat, M6 '12 SS which has been a blast. I live out in the country with very little to no city driving. The A10 however this time around has so many benefits in regards to performance I am having a hard time seeing where the M6 would work.

The biggest plus I can see with the M6 as of right now would be upgrades and easier to replace should you need to. I know very little about the A10 but I have to imagine because of it being computer driven paddle shift (when placed in manual) it would be dealer only replacement.
Bijiont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 05:36 AM   #144
NB2017ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 10 Speed Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijiont View Post
I have been in line with my dealer for a little over a month now and still pondering A10 or M6. Is anyone else having this dilemma?

Having driven manuals for my entire driving lifetime this is the first time I have even considered an auto for my personal car.

Where does everyone else stand on this?
Sticks all my life. No exceptions. BUT this beast is gonna be the MXO 10 Speed marvel..
Old 08-10-2016, 08:46 AM   #145
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughie1987 View Post
I want the green one idc which model
That green one was most likely a show event car only and hasn't been seen since or even talked about as a color option.

Also, it's only 1 model. the V6 1LE. The 1SS version hasn't been shown in any other colors than what's normally available on the Gen 6 platform.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:02 AM   #146
obzidian

Drives: 98 camaro turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by NB2017ZL1 View Post
Sticks all my life. No exceptions. BUT this beast is gonna be the MXO 10 Speed marvel..
M6 all day everyday, nuf said

Don't care how fast or refined an auto is. I'm plenty fast enough

Cant wait for this car... z06 with a backseat!!!
Old 08-10-2016, 10:18 AM   #147
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
That green one was most likely a show event car only and hasn't been seen since or even talked about as a color option.

Also, it's only 1 model. the V6 1LE. The 1SS version hasn't been shown in any other colors than what's normally available on the Gen 6 platform.
Even if the paint color was offered they don't have to do anything special since the robotic painting system is already programmed to do the ZL1. Someone needs to pull the trigger on this one and release that color option on the ZL1 especially since we are left waiting on the A10. If they come out with the color middle of next year after I commit to another order I'm going to be disappointed.
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:20 AM   #148
HumanWiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavymetal454 View Post
Even if the paint color was offered they don't have to do anything special since the robotic painting system is already programmed to do the ZL1. Someone needs to pull the trigger on this one and release that color option on the ZL1 especially since we are left waiting on the A10. If they come out with the color middle of next year after I commit to another order I'm going to be disappointed.
Well, it would end up being SGE all over again. Limited Ed variant in 2010, then fully open color option for 2011.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:27 AM   #149
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
Well, it would end up being SGE all over again. Limited Ed variant in 2010, then fully open color option for 2011.
I like what Dodge did. Sublime then Plum Crazy now Mango. It gave new years something unique.

We got Arctic Blue. Uh yea ok!
Old 08-10-2016, 10:29 AM   #150
HumanWiki

Quote:
I like what Dodge did. Sublime then Plum Crazy now Mango. It gave new years something unique.

We got Arctic Blue. Uh yea ok!
Yup... and the idiotic thing is, it's pretty much just a new variant of Carlisle Blue, which was an atrocious color and very low sell.

GM's decision makers on paint have some interesting views on market demand.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:29 AM   #151
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

By the way I know I'm in the minority as evidenced by the polls. Hyper blue and white is what people want.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:20 AM   #152
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
By the way I know I'm in the minority as evidenced by the polls. Hyper blue and white is what people want.
Those were initially my top two choices, but now I'm thinking of going with Red Garnet. Although, I wish they had a nice orange color for this car.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:23 AM   #153
BAAD LS2

Drives: TBSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WadeWilson View Post
Those were initially my top two choices, but now I'm thinking of going with Red Garnet. Although, I wish they had a nice ORANGE color for this car.
^^this
BAAD LS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:35 AM   #154
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Name:  Colors.JPG
Views: 1088
Size:  41.9 KB