Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

Phastek Performance

Old 12-20-2018, 02:11 PM   #29
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Edwards View Post
Sounds typical of GM these days
I had a Mustang in college that was at the dealership for repairs 7 times under warranty (all different issues), then at 42k it blew the motor. Ford stepped up and replaced the motor but even then I haven't and won't own a Ford again.

GM's response to this has been so bad that not only will they never see my driveway again (and my family has put in about a half million dollars into them over the last couple of decades), but I will make it my goal to see no friends or family ever buys a GM product again.

It's obvious they are too big to care about anything other than their profit margins.
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 02:16 PM   #30
Chris Edwards

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1FTY View Post
I had a Mustang in college that was at the dealership for repairs 7 times under warranty (all different issues), then at 42k it blew the motor. Ford stepped up and replaced the motor but even then I haven't and won't own a Ford again.

GM's response to this has been so bad that not only will they never see my driveway again (and my family has put in about a half million dollars into them over the last couple of decades), but I will make it my goal to see no friends or family ever buys a GM product again.

It's obvious they are too big to care about anything other than their profit margins.
Rumor has it that Tesla will own GM in a few years. Their quality control should improve then.
Chris Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 02:18 PM   #31
F1FTY

Quote:
Rumor has it that Tesla will own GM in a few years. Their quality control should improve then.
Old 12-21-2018, 02:22 PM   #32
F1FTY

Dealer called me today and the car should be repaired end of next week. They are waiting on a new headliner to be delivered and then will be replacing the windshield. The good news is that the car has been kept indoors and covered this entire time since it didn't have the windshield on it. I'm also having them repair the rear deck rattle when the stereo is on since they have time to kill.

No damage to the car was done underneath (unlike what the GM rep claimed), so the car is getting an alignment and it's done.

Total bill is $6732 before taxes. I'll need to hire a tow truck to bring it back to my house with the winter temps and those tires.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:35 PM   #33
F1FTY

Picked the car up last night and took it out today in sunlight and looked it over.

Dealer repair is good. I don’t hear any rattling, plastic fitment isn’t outside realm of factory quality (good enough to not look ****ty). Speaker rattles were repaired as requested. Interior is tight now like the SS was. Headliner is installed correctly. All lighting, moonroof and switches work. No stretches or loose fabric at the windshield.

Windshield had to be removed to do the headliner. No leaks or wind noise so far. The detail guy left spray wax on it that I will have to clay off but seals look good. So basically all of my fears with a dealer repair so far appear to not have happened

They even buffed out a cone mark.

Now time to collect appraisals to see how long I have to pay this car off
Old 01-16-2019, 08:56 PM   #34
F1FTY

Want to see my ZL1 pop it’s airbags?

Dug up the PDR and uploaded this to YouTube, come watch my bad driving and stay for the ending.

https://youtu.be/H03gqhe7UpU
Old 01-16-2019, 11:49 PM   #35
Chris Edwards

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Wonder how long before it happens again
Chris Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:46 PM   #36
F1FTY

Quote:
Wonder how long before it happens again
Great question! I chose to not find out and sold the car today.

Will be my last GM after the SS's bad engine at 14k and the airbags on this car.

Thanks everyone for a great community here, maybe we'll catch each other again on a different platform someday.