Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Phastek Performance

Old 06-21-2017, 01:28 AM   #1
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
1LE suspension package or BMR suspension

trying to decide if I should get the 1LE suspension upgrade or get BMR Suspension. With the 1LE kit ill still need to add some BMR stuff but the 1LE kit has the program for the MRC.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 02:59 AM   #2
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Definitely going to be getting the BMR stuff that will help me launch more straight.

As far as the 1LE or BMR versions of the sway bars and stuff, I don't know. Still kind of waiting to see if GM gets it's act fully together with the flash for the magnetic ride controller.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:22 AM   #3
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
trying to decide if I should get the 1LE suspension upgrade or get BMR Suspension. With the 1LE kit ill still need to add some BMR stuff but the 1LE kit has the program for the MRC.
The 1LE is highly capable around a track and more than likely enough for most drivers to improve their skill levels with.

With that said, there may be a point of diminishing returns that BMR can hit with its products. Specifically the rear suspension links and arms to give further traction. The bars may work great too for adjustability but I will say that the best springs right now in terms of performance are the 1LE factory set due to spring rates and being linear.

Until the aftermarket comes out with a higher rate spring for the 1LE setup, it's a tough call.

Last edited by F1FTY; 06-21-2017 at 09:34 AM.
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:34 AM   #4
Atomic Ed

Drives: 2001 Audi TT, 2016 Camaro
Quote:
Why are you upgrading? Daily drive enhancement, track or drag? My research says the BMR line is very beefy and handle anything thrown at it, which would make it my choice for drag.

I'm going with the L1E setup just as an enhancement and possible light track use.

But I do like the BMR stuff. I used some of their products when they first started in business and even then it was quality stuff.
Atomic Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:23 AM   #5
BMR Tech

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Thanks for the consideration of our product.

We have designed out parts to deliver the best performance all around while still delivering the best ride quality, comfort and longevity.

Our springs are US made to our specifications and guaranteed for life against sag or fatigue.
Our sway bars are available in 2 different forms; Adjustable and non adjustable. Our non adjustable bars are for the every day driver looking to improve handling without getting too in depth into the suspension. Our Adjustable bars allow you to add wheel rate to either the front or back in the relation that you like to meet your driving style and preference.
All of our parts are developed, tested, and built right here in the US. We put our parts to the test before we even offer them to the public and make sure that not only they are built to last, but also perform the added function they are designed to do.

If you have questions on components for your build, feel free to call me and I can put together a custom package for you tailored to your needs and budget. This will ensure you get the right parts at the best price possible
BMR Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:39 AM   #6
locktyght

Drives: Summit White 2016 2SS
Quote:
I still have yet to hear of anyone, myself included, having trouble with MRC after lowering using springs other than the GM direct parts.

As well, I have and love my BMR parts, see the list in my sig. The car is a beast in the turns, and on the strip!
Old 06-21-2017, 03:25 PM   #7
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
I had the same question (1LE vs BMR) and I ended up going with the BMR for a few reasons

1) I wanted the adjustability of the BMR sway bars since I do track my car quite often. I have not noticed any MRC issues with the BMR springs and it doesn't seem "bouncy" at all to me. There is also now an aftermarket MRC controller that I may eventually add
2) I did want it lowered for CG and the BMR springs were the only linear rate aftermarket springs I saw out there.

So overall I don't see any downside to going aftermarket if you plan on tracking your car (except warranty) since you will have much more adjustability (sway bars and MRC calibrator) than you would with the 1LE suspension kit.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:28 AM   #8
reeper

Drives: 2010 HD D/A, 2015 Z06, 2016 2SS
Another vote for BMR. I did sway-bar kit, end links trailing arms, springs and control arms. Kinda of the best of all words for track and 1/4 mile.
OEM Blackout tail-lamps
OEM SEMA Grille
35% window tint
Black glow-tie
BMR Suspension (Pretty much everything)
ACS rear-deck spoiler
Rotofab CAI
Lolly-pop red rotors by Madison Powder Coating
reeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 04:03 AM   #9
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
im not planning on lowering. our roads are bad and drive ways into lots already scrape the front air dam and im putting on a spitter.
i want to know if there is a noticeable difference with the MRC program.
right now im thinking of going with the 1LE kit and BMR delrin cradle bushings, upper lower trailing arms, upper control arms and toe rods.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:18 AM   #10
reeper

Quote:
im not planning on lowering. our roads are bad and drive ways into lots already scrape the front air dam and im putting on a spitter.
i want to know if there is a noticeable difference with the MRC program.
right now im thinking of going with the 1LE kit and BMR delrin cradle bushings, upper lower trailing arms, upper control arms and toe rods.
If you have no intentions of ever lowering or adjusting the sway-bar for over/under steer I think that would be a real solid setup. With that said the BMR sway-bar and end-links are beefier.
OEM Blackout tail-lamps
OEM SEMA Grille
35% window tint
Black glow-tie
ACS rear-deck spoiler
Rotofab CAI
Old 06-27-2017, 10:00 AM   #11
Atomic Ed

Quote:
That looks like the same approach I'll be taking. Still thinking about the control arms and toe rods, but I can always add them on later.

I pulled the trigger on ordering the 1LE kit even though I have a '16. I'm running an E-force supercharger which adds about 100 lbs to the front. The heaver spring rate in the front will be welcomed. Worst case is even if the BCM programing doesn't come through, several folks here have convinced me the performance and ride quality won't be a problem.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:51 AM   #12
reeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Ed View Post
That looks like the same approach I'll be taking. Still thinking about the control arms and toe rods, but I can always add them on later.

I pulled the trigger on ordering the 1LE kit even though I have a '16. I'm running an E-force supercharger which adds about 100 lbs to the front. The heaver spring rate in the front will be welcomed. Worst case is even if the BCM programing doesn't come through, several folks here have convinced me the performance and ride quality won't be a problem.
With the supercharger I prolly would have went with BMR Sway-bar kit and adjustable end-links. Its much beefier then even the FE4 kit provided by GM.
OEM Blackout tail-lamps
OEM SEMA Grille
35% window tint
Black glow-tie
ACS rear-deck spoiler
Rotofab CAI
Old 06-28-2017, 09:21 AM   #13
zryan

Drives: 1973 z28 Rs, 2018 SS 1LE
Have you guys seen detroit speed has a prototype coilover kit, I'll eventually go with them. I want the handling just right on this car even though its already a 1le...
zryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 10:02 AM   #14
Atomic Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeper View Post
With the supercharger I prolly would have went with BMR Sway-bar kit and adjustable end-links. Its much beefier then even the FE4 kit provided by GM.
I actually thought about that, but my main use of the car is "grand touring" verses track. (Maybe some track time in the future.) BMR components are great and I'll be adding in some bits and pieces from them later on. I chose the FE4 kit mainly because its engineered as a total package and well proven. My guess is GM did some homework on matching the FE4 spring rate with the torsional rate of the sway bars.

I'll give the FE4 sway bars a try, but if they don't cut it, it's not that big of a deal to swap them out for the BMR items.