Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-23-2021, 12:05 AM   #9507
Blade21

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS
Lift Pads from ZL1 addons
Attached Images

'16 Camaro 2SS| GT-30 Cam| Kooks 1 7/8 Headers| Borla X-Pipe Mid| Mishimoto Thermostat| Mishimoto Overflow tank| Mishimoto Oil Catch Can| Diode Side Markers| ZL1 Addons Lift Pads| GM Aluminum Pedals| ROTOFAB Intake - Sound Delete| SEMA grille
Blade21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 09:57 PM   #9508
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Finished the front end by adding a glowtie.
Attached Images

ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 07:57 PM   #9509
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Pulled the trigger on the GM CAI.

I wasn't that interested in it, but a combination of the minor power gain, throttle response, sound, and tinkeritus took over and got the best of me.

I mainly want to see the improvement in throttle response more than anything. Doubt I will feel the power difference, but anything helps.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 08:19 PM   #9510
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post

I wasn't that interested in it, but a combination of the minor power gain, throttle response, sound, and tinkeritus took over and got the best of me.

I mainly want to see the improvement in throttle response more than anything. Doubt I will feel the power difference, but anything helps.
Congrats! I LOVE mine, looks and sounds great!
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 08:27 PM   #9511
UnknownJinX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
Congrats! I LOVE mine, looks and sounds great!
Oh yeah, it's a nice piece of eye candy when you open the hood.

The tradeoff is that it's technically no longer stock by Autocross standards and so it will probably bump me up from BS(SS 1LE is supposed to be in AS; the group I am in put me in BS, for some reason. Maybe they thought it's just a normal SS) to probably STU. Not that I am great at Autocross, by any means, but that's just a small penalty I will have to face.

I am curious about the effect of the GM CAI on low-end torque. Anyone who has had stock for a while and switched to GM CAI has any inputs?

Past:
Old 01-25-2021, 09:18 PM   #9512
Rhobz

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
The tradeoff is that it's technically no longer stock by Autocross standards and so it will probably bump me up from BS(SS 1LE is supposed to be in AS; the group I am in put me in BS, for some reason. Maybe they thought it's just a normal SS) to probably STU. Not that I am great at Autocross, by any means, but that's just a small penalty I will have to face.
Who do you race with? I am going to be attempting my first autocross event pretty quick here and the 2021 SCCA Solo Rule Book has the 2017-2020 Camaro SS 1LE in B-Street so that is how I signed up but you say that the 1LE should be in A-Street. The ZL1 is in A-Street with the ZL1 1LE in Super Street.

I am not trying to argue with you...just trying to learn the ropes.
Rhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 10:57 PM   #9513
UnknownJinX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhobz View Post
Who do you race with? I am going to be attempting my first autocross event pretty quick here and the 2021 SCCA Solo Rule Book has the 2017-2020 Camaro SS 1LE in B-Street so that is how I signed up but you say that the 1LE should be in A-Street. The ZL1 is in A-Street with the ZL1 1LE in Super Street.

I am not trying to argue with you...just trying to learn the ropes.
That's what I saw in an SCCA classification sheet. I saw SS 1LE in AS, but that sheet was back in 2018, I believe. Maybe things are different now?

Good to know that BS is the proper classification. Not that it will matter to me once I put the CAI on, LOL.

Past:
Old 01-26-2021, 02:31 AM   #9514
Ademarco

Drives: 18 Ford Raptor, 21 2SS 1LE M6
Got ceramicpro, Xpel Xr plus tint, Xpel front and rocker wrap, and flag decals on the quarters.

I’m getting my engine cover hydrodip like the corvette, but with the center being an American flag.
Attached Images

Ademarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 11:30 AM   #9515
Cyrus

Drives: 50th 2SS
Quote:

I'm doing the same first thing in the spring. I'm sure its a minimal gain and maybe sound improves only slightly but there's not much risk for the price and it certainly dresses up the engine bay.

Being an OEM part couldn't the car still be considered stock even with this installed ?
50th Anniversary, 2SS, Build#5771, A8, MRC, NPP, NAV, Sunroof, GM Performance CAI, Trifecta Tuned, GM splash guards, Black illuminated bowtie, GM smoked tail lights & third brake light, GM Fifty floor mats, Strut tower brace, JWM side markers, 20% window tint, Sto N Sho front license plate bracket
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 11:34 AM   #9516
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Parked, because it's 20F and snowing, but next 10 days look great
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 11:48 AM   #9517
Rhobz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
Parked, because it's 20F and snowing, but next 10 days look great
Me too! I think this may be the most snow we've gotten since I moved to the Springs in October. I don't mind the cold and snow but I definitely miss driving the Camaro with the windows down and warm tires.
Old 01-26-2021, 11:50 AM   #9518
Rhobz

Quote:
Good to know that BS is the proper classification. Not that it will matter to me once I put the CAI on, LOL.
I am in the same boat. I signed up for BS and then realized that my Airaid intake tube (stock airbox) and Throttle Controller may actually bump me out of the class. Boooo!!!! lol
Old 01-26-2021, 01:48 PM   #9519
UnknownJinX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
I'm doing the same first thing in the spring. I'm sure its a minimal gain and maybe sound improves only slightly but there's not much risk for the price and it certainly dresses up the engine bay.

Being an OEM part couldn't the car still be considered stock even with this installed ?
I think stock class means you can't touch anything other than tires.

I mean... It's pretty much a rebranded Cold Air Induction intake with a tune.

Would be nonsense if someone stays in stock class with a GM CAI but gets bumped into non-stock class with a CAI CAI. Also, you have to consider people who bought the car with it already installed.

There is supposedly an e-Diff tune for Autocross for guys with SS 1LE and up. That will also bump you out of stock class.

Sent from toaster or something

Past:
Old 01-26-2021, 02:03 PM   #9520
Cyrus

Drives: 50th 2SS
Quote:
I think stock class means you can't touch anything other than tires.

I mean... It's pretty much a rebranded Cold Air Induction intake with a tune.

Would be nonsense if someone stays in stock class with a GM CAI but gets bumped into non-stock class with a CAI CAI. Also, you have to consider people who bought the car with it already installed.

There is supposedly an e-Diff tune for Autocross for guys with SS 1LE and up. That will also bump you out of stock class.

Sent from toaster or something

Sorry I wasn't talking about track classification, I was more referring to stock meaning how the car was optioned when it was purchased new. If I bought my car without the GM CAI and I added in the future is it still "stock". Its an option that was available when ordering the car so whether its installed pre or post delivery does that make a difference.
50th Anniversary, 2SS, Build#5771, A8, MRC, NPP, NAV, Sunroof, GM Performance CAI, Trifecta Tuned, GM splash guards, Black illuminated bowtie, GM smoked tail lights & third brake light, GM Fifty floor mats, Strut tower brace, JWM side markers, 20% window tint, Sto N Sho front license plate bracket
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote