Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-26-2024, 03:24 PM   #1
SammYyYyY

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
What’s the deal with WeaponX Motorsports?

What’s going on with WeaponX motorsports? In the past, I’ve seen/heard their name and have associated them in my mind as a reputable brand. They have a part on their store that I’m looking to purchase, and I’ve been calling/emailing trying to confirm availability before I place the order. No response anywhere; every time I call I just get put straight through to voice mail, and they don’t reply to email or their “live chat” on their site. Did they go under, or something?
SammYyYyY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 06:35 PM   #2
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammYyYyY View Post
What’s going on with WeaponX motorsports? In the past, I’ve seen/heard their name and have associated them in my mind as a reputable brand. They have a part on their store that I’m looking to purchase, and I’ve been calling/emailing trying to confirm availability before I place the order. No response anywhere; every time I call I just get put straight through to voice mail, and they don’t reply to email or their “live chat” on their site. Did they go under, or something?
They suck. Their product designs suck. Their communication sucks. The shipping time sucks. Their support after the sale sucks. Any other questions?
Old 01-26-2024, 09:44 PM   #3
SammYyYyY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
They suck. Their product designs suck. Their communication sucks. The shipping time sucks. Their support after the sale sucks. Any other questions?
Apparently! Considering the connection pipes I’m trying to buy are literally half the price of everywhere else and I can’t even get a hold of them to figure out it they are even in stock, I’m going to guess that they aren’t the truest to their word 😆
Old 01-27-2024, 07:55 AM   #4
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
One of the owners or someone directly related to the owner, got loose on the forums, specifically Corvette Forum and started being a completely rude and chastising customers who had complaints about their product or services. Completely immature and poor business.

It happened enough times where customers and potential customers realized that Weapon X was a terrible company to do business with and Corvette Forum was now hurting their business. They then went dark online, probably because everyone pretty much started to gang up against them and word got out to not use weapon X so there was no more reason for them to be on the Forum trying to generate business.

There were a ton of stories about people having work done there and not happy but most of the issues was they would order parts and the parts would never show up and they couldn't get ahold of anyone. It happened to me but fortunately I used my business CC and was fully refunded by the CC company. I NEVER heard from Weapon X. And I never did or will do business with them again.

Long story short. Based on the numerous reports, do business with them at your own risk. Maybe they stick to local work now but their website hasn't been updated for years. Their latest blog was 4 years ago and customer build cars was even longer.
Megahurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 02:45 AM   #5
SammYyYyY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post
One of the owners or someone directly related to the owner, got loose on the forums, specifically Corvette Forum and started being a completely rude and chastising customers who had complaints about their product or services. Completely immature and poor business.

It happened enough times where customers and potential customers realized that Weapon X was a terrible company to do business with and Corvette Forum was now hurting their business. They then went dark online, probably because everyone pretty much started to gang up against them and word got out to not use weapon X so there was no more reason for them to be on the Forum trying to generate business.

There were a ton of stories about people having work done there and not happy but most of the issues was they would order parts and the parts would never show up and they couldn't get ahold of anyone. It happened to me but fortunately I used my business CC and was fully refunded by the CC company. I NEVER heard from Weapon X. And I never did or will do business with them again.

Long story short. Based on the numerous reports, do business with them at your own risk. Maybe they stick to local work now but their website hasn't been updated for years. Their latest blog was 4 years ago and customer build cars was even longer.
Yeah I'm not going to take that risk; I'm sure I'd get refunded by Amex if they ended up scamming me, but I see literally no point when all I hear is horror story after horror story.

Being a novice to the scene that honestly surprises me; I feel like I've seen their name a LOT, and in my mind I always thought they must be a reputable company. I'll avoid them, thanks for the insight!
Old 01-28-2024, 05:56 AM   #6
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Sure is a lot of sucking.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 09:09 AM   #7
MT-SS1LE

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE Sharkskin
I never do business with a company that can't or won't be bothered to return customer's emails or phone calls. That tells me they will ghost me when and if I have a problem.

On the other hand, I just placed an order with Wildhammer for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Sent them an email asking if they had it in stock and got a response back in 10 minutes! Seriously, 10 minutes. Got my stuff within days. Just placed another order with them on Friday and again, got a response to my email back in literally minutes. Guess who is going to get my money from now on if they have what I need?
Old 01-28-2024, 09:11 AM   #8
Joshinator99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT-SS1LE View Post
I never do business with a company that can't or won't be bothered to return customer's emails or phone calls. That tells me they will ghost me when and if I have a problem.

On the other hand, I just placed an order with Wildhammer for the first time last a couple of weeks ago. Sent them an email asking if they had it in stock and got a response back in 10 minutes! Seriously, 10 minutes. Just placed another order with them on Friday and again, got a response back in minutes. Guess who is going to get my money from now on if they have what I need?
Agree on both points!
Old 01-28-2024, 10:56 AM   #9
Slip3Kid

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
You sir get 5 stars for clarity.

1/30 1100
3/23 2000
3/31 3000
4/04 3400 TPW 4/17
4/19 3800
4/20 4300
4/22 5000
4/24 6000
Slip3Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 01:32 PM   #10
Joshinator99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slip3Kid View Post
You sir get 5 stars for clarity.
Old 01-28-2024, 09:19 PM   #11
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT-SS1LE View Post
On the other hand, I just placed an order with Wildhammer for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Sent them an email asking if they had it in stock and got a response back in 10 minutes! Seriously, 10 minutes. Got my stuff within days. Just placed another order with them on Friday and again, got a response to my email back in literally minutes. Guess who is going to get my money from now on if they have what I need?
Wildhammer is great. They are a club sponsor for the Illinois Camaro Club. They have a tent at local car shows, and host a Toys for Tots toy drive at the end of November. Good company.
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 11:25 PM   #12
SammYyYyY

I've heard the same about them as well! The only reason I was even looking at buying from WeaponX is that the connection pipes I was trying to buy were listed for half of the price of everywhere else (which is what piqued my suspicion in the first place ).