Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-14-2023, 10:56 AM   #1
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
Camaro's future

So we all know that January of 2024 is going to be the end of Camaro production.

If that is the case, I have a question for General Motors....... why is the Cadillac CT5 going into 2025 then?

I just received an update from the Cadillac website that the UPDATED 2025 CT5 will include the one piece 33" curved LED screen dashboard similar to the Escalade.

So they're not only going to continue CT5 production, it's getting a very expensive, serious update. For model year 2025, which means they still need to go through the full 2024 model year production.

Keep in mind this is the exact same chassis the Camaro is built on. This is also the exact same division Queen Mary wants to convert to full electric first, to lead the way to GM's full electric conversion.

It really feels like she's just pi--ing on our heads but just telling us it's raining.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 11:06 AM   #2
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Not to be that guy, but CT5's Alpha II platform is fairly distinct from Camaro's Alpha I platform. Not only is the platform itself different but the entirety of the electronics architecture is also different, Global A vs Global B.
Old 09-14-2023, 11:49 AM   #3
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
Simple answer: The CT5 is selling in large enough quantities to be profitable; the Camaro is not.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 12:16 PM   #4
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Im alittle lost. If Jan 2024 is the end of Camaro production, what is this talk about a limited edition 2025 Camaro Z28? How is that possible when Jan is in the beginning of 2024?
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 12:21 PM   #5
Iconic
Miller Time Wisconsin

Drives: '24 VOM 1SS 1LE M6. 1 of 4
Chevy hasn't announced anything about a 2025 Camaro. That is car and driver creating clickbait.
Old 09-14-2023, 12:35 PM   #6
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MileSmile View Post
Simple answer: The CT5 is selling in large enough quantities to be profitable; the Camaro is not.
Unless they're selling it globally, there's no way that's true. The Camaro has outsold the CT5 every year.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 12:48 PM   #7
50MileSmile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Unless they're selling it globally, there's no way that's true. The Camaro has outsold the CT5 every year.
Quantity does not always equal profitability. For all the reasons we’ve been hearing for years, the 6th generation Camaro is dead - and will stay dead.

From Cadillac: “CT5’s importance in Cadillac’s portfolio cannot be overstated,” said John Roth, vice president, Global Cadillac. “Globally, CT5 is having its best sales year, ever…”
Old 09-14-2023, 01:11 PM   #8
SwL_Wildcat

Drives: 2024 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MileSmile View Post

Chevrolet isn't selling all the Camaro's they can. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of us who had orders in for 2023's that never got allocated. As a company that is interested in making profits it astounds me that I can put in an order for a fully optioned ZL1 last year and it just sits there in limbo and never gets built.
SwL_Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 01:58 PM   #9
GreenZLE

Drives: 2020 Rally Green ZL1-1LE
The dealer I first tried to order a 24 through was told that GM has moved dealers onto a "sell 1 get one" allocation system which means if you sold 1 fewer of a car year over year, you've lost an allocation.

As it sounds, dealers can easily lose allocations which would result in fewer cars being made available ITFP. Couple that with build constraints and an upcoming strike and I bet 24 will be a disappointing year for Camaro production.
GreenZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 02:21 PM   #10
MT-SS1LE

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE Sharkskin
GM has a long, rich history of making idiotic marketing decisions, especially where "enthusiasts" are concerned. Usually it involves progressively making the vehicle better by fixing issues, adding more power, better reliability, etc. Then they promptly kill it. So it would not surprise me in the least if the woman running the show at GM puts the Camaro nameplate on some POS EV 4-door and/or SUV.
Old 09-14-2023, 03:13 PM   #11
50MileSmile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwL_Wildcat View Post
Chevrolet isn't selling all the Camaro's they can. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of us who had orders in for 2023's that never got allocated. As a company that is interested in making profits it astounds me that I can put in an order for a fully optioned ZL1 last year and it just sits there in limbo and never gets built.
I think Chevrolet sold all the 2023 Camaros it could build. There have been so many parts shortages, shifting of parts to the CEs, discontinued parts and other excuses that Lansing likely was maxed out on what it could produce for 2023. I’m betting the same stuff will happen for the 2024s as GM empties the parts shelves. Who's going to be the first 2024 Camaro buyer with a Silverado glovebox sawzalled into the dash?
Old 09-14-2023, 03:46 PM   #12
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post

it's not like they've been selling Camaro's for bargain prices either
Old 09-14-2023, 04:09 PM   #13
MyNameIs
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS
Over the past 10 months I have been going to dealers with a friend looking for an SS or SS 1LE 6 speed to test drive a buy right off the lot new. We must have visited all the dealers in my area in a 50 mile radius, about 10 or 12 dealers multiple times and either they have absolutely nothing or maybe a few 6 bangers, if they have a v8 and thats slim its a automatic. He's been ready to buy a Camaro for well over a year. Chevy failed him. Now he is saying eff them and he has been buying 60's Chevy muscle since the 70s. Now he is looking at the new mustang but is waiting to see other options over the basic GT because he doesn't want the Chinese 6 speed manual. Waiting for the GT500 or something with the Tremec trans. GM needs new leadership, like someone who can make their products available, or some who can hire someone to launch and exciting ad and marketing campaign because lord knows they didn't lift a finger to advertise and promote these cars. GM has become so pathetic.
MyNameIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 05:18 PM   #14
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
Over the past 10 months I have been going to dealers with a friend looking for an SS or SS 1LE 6 speed to test drive a buy right off the lot new. We must have visited all the dealers in my area in a 50 mile radius, about 10 or 12 dealers multiple times and either they have absolutely nothing or maybe a few 6 bangers, if they have a v8 and thats slim its a automatic. He's been ready to buy a Camaro for well over a year. Chevy failed him. Now he is saying eff them and he has been buying 60's Chevy muscle since the 70s. Now he is looking at the new mustang but is waiting to see other options over the basic GT because he doesn't want the Chinese 6 speed manual. Waiting for the GT500 or something with the Tremec trans. GM needs new leadership, like someone who can make their products available, or some who can hire someone to launch and exciting ad and marketing campaign because lord knows they didn't lift a finger to advertise and promote these cars. GM has become so pathetic.
Mach 1's are a very interesting option, manual gets the Tremec and they sound incredible in stock form. With the 7th Gen GT and Dark Horse being released, there is some good value out there on left over s550's. There are even a few new 23 Mach 1's left. There's one near me I am thinking of test driving.