Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-04-2020, 06:57 PM   #1
moloko

Drives: Camaro V6 2011 and 2014 V6
Missfire in 3 cilynders, strong gas smell, P0089 code

Hello my friends! I need a help of masters of Camaro!

A few days ago I went to fill the tank with premium gas. After almost an hour of use the car starts to vibrate, a strong smell of gas and the CEL starts. I always carry a scanner with me. I got

P 0300 MULTIPLE IGNITION FAILURE ON ONE OR MORE CYLINDERS
P 0301 MISFIRING IN CYLINDER 1
P 0303 MISFIRING IN CYLINDER 3
P 0305 MISFIRING IN CYLINDER 5
P 0089 FAILURE IN FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR 1 PERFORMANCE

I kept going a few miles, the fuel gauge was going down very fast, until the car was very slow. I stopped and called a tow truck.

The next day I started the engine, it vibrated a bit and then it normalized. It started throwing out a lot of white smoke smelling like gasoline. The car now runs almost normally but I don't use it anymore for fear that it will have the same fault again. Sometimes I accelerate and when lower the rpm its feel a little vibration, not always

What do you recommend I start checking? Fuel filter? I don't think can change it since I think it goes inside the fuel pump, right? Does the Camaro V6 come with a pressure regulator? Please, I need your help, folks, thank you very much!
moloko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 07:48 PM   #2
moloko

This it will be a possible solution?

Old 01-06-2020, 07:08 AM   #3
moloko

I bought a fuel pressure SENSOR, but I cant find the Fuel pressure regulator, PLEASE help me buddies
Old 01-08-2020, 12:58 PM   #4
moloko

After a few days I tried to start the engine and now its ok

This is the Fuel Pressure read from my obd2 scan in iddle

And this its when I step on it a little

Old 02-14-2020, 10:30 AM   #5
moloko

Two days ago I took a friend of a cousin's to his workshop. We'd agree to do a diagnostic on the car. Then I told him to remove the spark plugs and we found that the 1 and 3 were with oil, the 5 was fine. Then on the right side, we found on the 4 also oil but in small quantity.

We uncovered and changed the valve cap ring. Luckily I had kept the gasket kit for a few years and we didn't miss anything. I also changed the fuel pressure sensor. While we were at it we cleaned the throttle body

When starting the car, the Stabilitrak and ABS, T/C among others, were switched on (this is usually by switching the sensors on and off). I also see the code for the butterfly body and high input on the new fuel pressure sensor. Then I deleted the codes

In passing we saw the chain and it looks normal, the mechanic told me it didn't look loose. What do you think?

We thought it was normal because when you disconnect the sensors you always want to go out on the CEL later.

The next day (yesterday) I used the car 50 miles and it is running normally. The CEL was turned on but it's because of the P0420 (catalytic converter), that code I always have since almost 3 years. But now I'll get to work to fix it.

Could it be that because of the filtered oil I had the misfires?
Old 02-14-2020, 10:31 AM   #6
moloko

Old 02-16-2020, 07:01 PM   #7
gmackZ28

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LS M6
so did the fuel pressure rail press sensor fix it? My son's 2010 is doing almost the exact same thing.
gmackZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 09:54 AM   #8
moloko

I used the vehicle 100 miles this weekend, with little traffic. The engine feels a bit heavy and is consuming too much fuel! The meter goes down very quickly without even stepping on it. With half a tank I only did 80 miles. I have had this vehicle for almost 3 years and it has never consumed so much fuel, it is obvious that something is not working well.

7 Gallons = 60 miles with light traffic

The P0420 always marks me low efficiency in the catalyst bank 1 since 3 years ago, maybe this time the catalyst is totally blocked because it entered a lot of gas without burning when I had the problem. I will see with the mechanic and then I will put on sale, I am already sick of this vehicle
Old 01-21-2022, 12:18 AM   #9
Minority1
Misdeal

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro LT
Did the fuel pressure sensor fix the issue?
Minority1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel, fuel pressure, injectors, misfiring, white smoke