Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Phastek Performance

Old 05-15-2018, 11:51 PM   #1
Epx998
|Engineer|

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
What aside from F/R sway bars should I get?

I like twisty roads, car is boosted. I am getting F/R sway bars, car has the Eibach Pro kit already, what else should I get?
Old 05-16-2018, 01:04 AM   #2
ss_rob

Drives: SS
http://wildhammermotorsports.com/cam...t-performance/

I have the Eibach springs and the 1LE FE4 sway bars which made a difference in themselves. However if you have an additional 140/150hp I'd say get the full FEA kit I linked and grab the 1LE sway bar handling kit or one of the aftermarket kits.
ss_rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:21 AM   #3
Epx998
|Engineer|

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_rob View Post
http://wildhammermotorsports.com/cam...t-performance/

I have the Eibach springs and the 1LE FE4 sway bars which made a difference in themselves. However if you have an additional 140/150hp I'd say get the full FEA kit I linked and grab the 1LE sway bar handling kit or one of the aftermarket kits.
I guess I need to read up on all the kits to figure out what I want. I was hoping the research was done and we know what parts exactly we should get and upgrade with for a track styling of driving..
Old 05-16-2018, 06:46 AM   #4
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
It really depends on several factors, and what you expect out of your car.

How much money are you willing to spend, how much comfortability are you willing to sacrifice, what type of tires will you be running, do you go to the track or have plans to.

you can do everything from throw a few parts on and make the car handle better, or go all out and make the car a track monster. I've got a list of individual parts, numbers, and prices to throw together my own track package, for less than most of the kits sold by gm. If you want the list, let me know and I'll pm it to you.

I put my "kit" together with the help of several threads and people, with the aim of getting the 1le suspension on my car, minus the rear cradle. I didn't want to go full zl1 1le because with that setup I'd pretty much have to run R compound tires all the time or the spring rates would make my car handle less with regular tires. that's not something I'm willing to do, yet.
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:46 PM   #5
Mrfixxit7

Drives: FIFTY 2SS Callaway
I upgraded all my suspension and brakes from FE3 to ZL1 (I have a supercharger). I am still finishing it up and should be done by the end of the month, I have mag ride, not sure what you have
I have noticed most of the suspension parts look identical between the FE3 and FE4 (some of the FE4 parts had the same part number stamped in them as the FE3 and then they put a sticker on it to change the part number) maybe the bushing material is different between the two.
When I get it back on the road I will see if I notice a difference. I am sure the brakes will make a big difference but I am not so sure about the suspension.
Mrfixxit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:48 PM   #6
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Cradle lockout from bmr. After the ease of install and the gains from it... im a believer.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 11:05 PM   #7
Epx998
|Engineer|

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
Cradle lockout from bmr. After the ease of install and the gains from it... im a believer.
Whats it do?
Old 05-20-2018, 11:03 AM   #8
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epx998 View Post
Whats it do?

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 11:13 AM   #9
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrfixxit7 View Post
I upgraded all my suspension and brakes from FE3 to ZL1 (I have a supercharger). I am still finishing it up and should be done by the end of the month, I have mag ride, not sure what you have
I have noticed most of the suspension parts look identical between the FE3 and FE4 (some of the FE4 parts had the same part number stamped in them as the FE3 and then they put a sticker on it to change the part number) maybe the bushing material is different between the two.
When I get it back on the road I will see if I notice a difference. I am sure the brakes will make a big difference but I am not so sure about the suspension.
It is in the bushings, you'll notice a nice difference from the trailing arms mostly with the upgrade from FE3.
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 11:14 AM   #10
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
Wow, that speaks for itself, thanks for sharing!
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote