Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-14-2024, 09:59 AM   #71
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLT1 View Post
Shocked not all Ins comps force us all to have a box so they can see how we really drive. If that comes i am done driving.
Don’t give up, just do what I’ll do if it seriously comes to that and go out and buy an old pre-OBD F-body Camaro.

I have already considered doing something like that, gutting the emission gagged 350, installing a 450 hp crate engine that’s nothing fancy, Tremec 6 speed, adding modern conveniences like power windows and cruise control, and kind of doing a mild resto mod to like a ‘78 Z28 but they’re so prone to rust if daily driven in my climate.

No computers, no OBD = no tracking
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 11:00 AM   #72
Sephx1

Drives: 18 ZLE, 18 SS1LE, 16 SS, 23 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
Being "pretty sure" isn't the same as being absolutely sure. Do you also know you agreed to not sue your dealer or GM if there's a problem? Oh yeah, read your contract. You waived that right. You agreed to arbitration.

I'm absolutely sure GM and its dealers have covered their collective asses through privacy notices, consent, and data sharing policies where they are legally required to share those things. This isn't their first rodeo.
Sorry if I offended you. I just want the tracking disabled and the records removed.

Good day sir.

https://youtu.be/G5jNkNHI89M?si=s1UjFFJRSqsAShm-
Attached Images

Sephx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 11:13 AM   #73
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
the rest of your life is monitored and recorded 24/7

at this point, why does driving make any difference?

anyone throwing a fit about this stuff now is 15+ years behind the curve
Old 01-14-2024, 11:27 AM   #74
SuperSnake1972

Drives: 2020 chevrolet camaro 2SS
LAWYER, time for a class action lawsuit.
SuperSnake1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 11:27 AM   #75
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
No offense taken...lol. It's comical how people think this stuff works.

Do you use a credit or debit card? Have a smart TV or an Alexa, or hell, a computer or cell phone? Have a garage door opener that connects to the internet? There is no right to privacy in this country.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 11:31 AM   #76
MT-SS1LE

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE Sharkskin
Disable the Onstar garbage and leave your stupid cell phone behind when going for a spirited drive. That's what I do and I'm still alive to tell about it. You are only monitored 24/7 if you choose to be. I know that's like asking some people to leave a body part behind, and everyone can decide how important privacy is. I choose not to let a sleazy data mining company, a dishonest car company, and scummy insurance companies know my every move.
Old 01-14-2024, 05:10 PM   #77
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by olrocker View Post
Don’t give up, just do what I’ll do if it seriously comes to that and go out and buy an old pre-OBD F-body Camaro.

I have already considered doing something like that, gutting the emission gagged 350, installing a 450 hp crate engine that’s nothing fancy, Tremec 6 speed, adding modern conveniences like power windows and cruise control, and kind of doing a mild resto mod to like a ‘78 Z28 but they’re so prone to rust if daily driven in my climate.

No computers, no OBD = no tracking
And no TM.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 07:49 PM   #78
White1SS

Drives: White 2024 1SS M6
Is a buyer automatically set-up with a myChevrolet account when they purchase a new vehicle, or is it something you must actively sign up for on your own ?

Can you have the Smart Driver active if you never set-up an account ?
White1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 09:11 PM   #79
Sephx1

Drives: 18 ZLE, 18 SS1LE, 16 SS, 23 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by White1SS View Post
Is a buyer automatically set-up with a myChevrolet account when they purchase a new vehicle, or is it something you must actively sign up for on your own ?

Can you have the Smart Driver active if you never set-up an account ?
Great question. As you can see from my previous posts I did not have this vehicle on the MyChevrolet app. There are more photos showing that I had not yet enrolled in the OnStar insurance program, at least with my remote access. But when I went to a desktop and signed in, it was there, toggled on. I didn’t sign up for it, of that I’m certain.
Sephx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 09:22 PM   #80
White1SS

Drives: White 2024 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephx1 View Post
Great question. As you can see from my previous posts I did not have this vehicle on the MyChevrolet app. There are more photos showing that I had not yet enrolled in the OnStar insurance program, at least with my remote access. But when I went to a desktop and signed in, it was there, toggled on. I didn’t sign up for it, of that I’m certain.

So you did set-up a MyChevrolet account at one time on a computer?

I ask because I haven't set-up any kind of account, and I wonder if when I bought the car if I was automatically set-up with a MyChevrolet account in some way.
White1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 07:04 AM   #81
mbnwa

Drives: 18 NGM ZL1 1LE
It looks like GM has the Data and Privacy page back online as of this morning

You must be logged into your GM account to access https://www.chevrolet.com/myaccount/privacy
17' Camaro 2SS A8 Vert Upgrades: Pray MSD IM/95mm TB/E85/Tune / Roto-fab CAI / GM Dark Taillights / LED Turn's with VLED Resisters / LED Reverse Lights / JWM Side Markers / Factory UQT PDR (CTS-V) / BMR DSL, MM010 / TSP 1 7/8 / Front Camera / Eyebrow Harness / Elite Engineering E2-X / AEM Wideband with Aeroforce single pod / HD Radio / OnStar Delete / RPM Roll Bar
mbnwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 08:30 AM   #82
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
You may also want to read the TOS/Terms of Service for the MyChevrolet App, or OnStar Guardian app.

You consent to certain information sharing simply by having the app installed on your phone or using some of its features.

Enjoy remote-starting your car from the app? Well, now OnStar knows what you think about in the shower.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 09:27 AM   #83
NiickySaz

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1LT V6
Thank you for bringing this to my awareness!!! ��
NiickySaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 05:35 PM   #84
Warrior102

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
I requested the records Nexislexis maintains on me, they mailed me a letter with a link and verification code to retrieve a pdf. What I got was thirty eight pages of redundant addresses I lived at plus a few I never heard of, what vehicles I own, any insurance claims I made and the bulk was inquiries by insurance and credit companies for pre-qualification. All in all some pretty boring stuff, no mention of my driving habits.
Warrior102 is offline   Reply With Quote