Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-14-2018, 05:47 PM   #1
jeep_junkie

Drives: 2000 Trans Am M6
She got a boo boo today

Got rear ended today by a careless Enterprise Rent-A-Car employee. He made a right turn at an intersection into the right rear corner of my stationary car. In addition to the obvious damage to the bumper cover and lower valance, the passenger side exhaust tips are pushed in and over. I am afraid the exhaust might be significantly tweaked. No clue yet about any internal damage to the bumper support or mounting points. I'm going to get an estimate from the dealer after work today, but any guesses/estimates as to how much $$ in damage we're looking at?
Attached Images

Old 09-14-2018, 05:58 PM   #2
Pi kappa alpha

Drives: SS Vert
They are going to test the enterprise employee for drugs and alcohol because he was in wreck while using the company car. If the results are positive he will lose his job. So while you are upset the car got damaged the employee is about to lose their job. Slow down and think about that for a second.
Old 09-14-2018, 06:09 PM   #3
Chocolate Apocalypse
Full Fledged Member

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
If he was drunk or on drugs while at work he should be fired.
Old 09-14-2018, 06:09 PM   #4
bscott07

Drives: 89/99 Silverado’s / future Ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi kappa alpha View Post
They are going to test the enterprise employee for drugs and alcohol because he was in wreck while using the company car. If the results are positive he will lose his job. So while you are upset the car got damaged the employee is about to lose their job. Slow down and think about that for a second.
If the employee was on drugs etc, why would he need to waste time thinking about him? If that’s the case, he should be fired..
bscott07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 06:10 PM   #5
red6.2

Drives: 2010 camaro
this sucks but s*** happens. As long as you both are not hurt from the incident is what really matters. I got hit back in the day just like you did (around the same damage) and the insurance quoted me 2300 so, my best guess yours in going to be 3500+. I must warn you keep an eye on the car when they're working on it, if you can get a camera installed or a voice recorder because they will hot rod the s*** out of your car. The other employee from the company you stated should be at fault and they should test for the things the person above me stated. If he was under the influence he shouldn't be driving anyways.
red6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 06:30 PM   #6
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:

Who give an EFF if the employee is going to lose their job if they were drunk/high. Then they deserve to lose their job for being drunk/high while at work.

Quit victim shaming someone for being pissed their car was damaged because someone could potentially lose their job, that person had the ability to make a better decision when their day started out.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 06:33 PM   #7
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
OP I would say an easy $3k, easy. The exhaust system is 1 piece, that system alone is at least $1500 from the dealer. Then a new rear bumper cover, the lower valence and then paint.

Let the at faults insurance cut you a check for the damages, if it was me I would let the body shop do the bumper, valence cover work and paint only. Then take the car to an exhaust shop, have them heat that tip up and pull it back into place. Then pocket the exhaust portion of the money or replace the system with after market.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 06:38 PM   #8
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
From the pics, looks like you will need a bumper cover and rear valance. Not sure about the exhaust, it looks like the valance is moved, not the exhaust, hard to tell. Regardless of the cost, you shouldn't be out any $$. Good luck!

Memories:

2017 50th Anniversary Camaro Convertible (Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper (Sold)
2005 Lingenfelter Corvette (Sold)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (Sold)
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 06:48 PM   #9
02fbody35th

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
I’d like to meet the guy who posted this remark. Do you feel bad for the dirt bags who go to prison for killing innocent people when they decide to drive under the influence too! Grow up and think about what your saying. If the guy is a clean hard working employee then he’s got nothing to worry about. Probably an honest mistake. But if the guy is a user and or under the influence than he shouldn’t have a job driving vehicles around or operating machinery. I hope you were being humorous with your comment. If so think carefully before you say stuff like this. People have lost loved ones because of these kind of incidents.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:17 PM   #10
Snowbird12

Drives: 2017 2 SS vert
Quote:
Are you seroius?
If he was imparied he should be fired Period!
Snowbird12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:18 PM   #11
Snowbird12

Drives: 2017 2 SS vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02fbody35th View Post
I’d like to meet the guy who posted this remark. Do you feel bad for the dirt bags who go to prison for killing innocent people when they decide to drive under the influence too! Grow up and think about what your saying. If the guy is a clean hard working employee then he’s got nothing to worry about. Probably an honest mistake. But if the guy is a user and or under the influence than he shouldn’t have a job driving vehicles around or operating machinery. I hope you were being humorous with your comment. If so think carefully before you say stuff like this. People have lost loved ones because of these kind of incidents.
Your so right
Snowbird12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:20 PM   #12
Pi kappa alpha

Drives: SS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbird12 View Post
Are you seroius?
If he was imparied he should be fired Period!
Drugs can stay still show up on tests WEEKS after use. I've worked for Enterprise and Hertz. I saw this situation time after time.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:57 PM   #13
clrkmr

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary
I just had basically the same thing fixed a few months ago. I don't have the receipt with me. But it was close to $5,500. Exhaust system was about $2,500 as they had to replace the entire thing (1 piece).
clrkmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:28 PM   #14
STYLO LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Vert.
Quote:
Drugs can stay still show up on tests WEEKS after use. I've worked for Enterprise and Hertz. I saw this situation time after time.
“DRUGS CAN STAY STILL SHOW UP... WHAT??? Those who do drugs and cause harm to other or their property deserve to pay the consequences. PERIOD!
STYLO LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote