Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 11-11-2018, 08:39 AM   #43
at7000ft

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by elpatofeo View Post
besides the heated leather seats, what else is different between the 1SS and 2SS base models? Thinking of buying a 1SS.
The 1SS is definitely the performance bargain of the decade and I could care less about leather interior but what I really like on my 2SS after owning for 6 months are the disco lights, blind spot warning (really needed on the Camero), and HUD. I also thought that the heated steering wheel was a dumb idea, but then winter happened and I tried it, it is great, if I lived somewhere without a garage and had to get in a very cold car every morning I would not want a car without it.
at7000ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:29 AM   #44
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
I just don't get it! You buy a car, based on best value, but complain when you sell it because it drops more in value. I say get the 2SS, you know want and will enjoy the extras, and even if you don't, you will have more resale value. Win/Win!
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:56 AM   #45
98_Camaro

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by at7000ft View Post
The 1SS is definitely the performance bargain of the decade and I could care less about leather interior but what I really like on my 2SS after owning for 6 months are the disco lights, blind spot warning (really needed on the Camero), and HUD. I also thought that the heated steering wheel was a dumb idea, but then winter happened and I tried it, it is great, if I lived somewhere without a garage and had to get in a very cold car every morning I would not want a car without it.
Camero
2016 Summit White 2SS Coupe M6, NPP, & MRC
Now Driving:
2016 Torch Red Corvette 2LT, NPP, MRC
98_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:06 AM   #46
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by at7000ft View Post
Attached Images

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:49 AM   #47
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hprush View Post
I just don't get it! You buy a car, based on best value, but complain when you sell it because it drops more in value. I say get the 2SS, you know want and will enjoy the extras, and even if you don't, you will have more resale value. Win/Win!
You have to consider the up-front cost regarding the resale. I saved 5-7k getting a 1SS. Extras didn't matter. I'm a cloth seat guy and the extras are mostly driving crutches except for maybe the heated seats and steering wheel. I live in S.Florida so I'd never use that.

A 2SS would have to sell for more than that up-front cost saving for me to consider it better for resale. And as far as I see, you don't buy these cars for re-sale. You buy them to drive the hell out of them. That's where the real value is.

If a 2SS can be had for cheap, then by all means. If the extras mean that much to a buyer, then definitely get one. But for someone looking for a driver's car to enjoy with just the base amenities, the 1SS is a no brainer.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:41 PM   #48
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
I just traded my 1LT for a 2SS. I would recommend waiting and shopping for a 2SS. The features that i appreciate most are:

The seats. Not only are they leather but they are much more comfortable. On long trips, my 1LT cloth seats, without going into too much information, made my ass hurt. The 2SS seats are much more comfortable.

The 8" MYLink screen is MUCH more functional than the 7" screen. For example, when you save an XM station on the 7" screen, it displays the number. On the 8" MyLink, it displays the station name. Much more convenient if you don't know all the XM station numbers.

The sound system has 2 rear deck speakers, which are sorely missing on the 1LT system.

Blind spot assist is crucial in this car. In my 1LT I was ultra paranoid about blind spot lane changes and parking. The 2SS blind spot assist is awesome.

HUD. I didn't think I would care about heads up display. Now I wonder how I got by without it before.

I set alerts on Autotrader and Cars.com, etc for a 2SS that was in my price range. When it popped up I went to the dealership that day. My salesman didn't seem to know or care anything about the options on the 2SS. There was a 1SS he was trying to sell me for less money (and also fewer miles). I'm not sure he even knew anything about Camaros.

This is just my experience. Your experience may vary!
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:56 PM   #49
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
I just traded my 1LT for a 2SS. I would recommend waiting and shopping for a 2SS. The features that i appreciate most are:

The seats. Not only are they leather but they are much more comfortable. On long trips, my 1LT cloth seats, without going into too much information, made my ass hurt. The 2SS seats are much more comfortable.

The 8" MYLink screen is MUCH more functional than the 7" screen. For example, when you save an XM station on the 7" screen, it displays the number. On the 8" MyLink, it displays the station name. Much more convenient if you don't know all the XM station numbers.

The sound system has 2 rear deck speakers, which are sorely missing on the 1LT system.

Blind spot assist is crucial in this car. In my 1LT I was ultra paranoid about blind spot lane changes and parking. The 2SS blind spot assist is awesome.

HUD. I didn't think I would care about heads up display. Now I wonder how I got by without it before.

I set alerts on Autotrader and Cars.com, etc for a 2SS that was in my price range. When it popped up I went to the dealership that day. My salesman didn't seem to know or care anything about the options on the 2SS. There was a 1SS he was trying to sell me for less money (and also fewer miles). I'm not sure he even knew anything about Camaros.

This is just my experience. Your experience may vary!
The 1LT and 1SS aren't the same with regards to interior accessories. For example, the 1SS has the 8" MyLink. Can't comment on the other stuff you mentioned, but there is a good chance they're not the same either.

Adjusting your mirrors correctly is crucial. Blind spot monitoring is helpful, but should not be a replacement or heavily depended upon.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 03:29 AM   #50
Silverado57

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
... Blind spot monitoring is helpful, but should not be a replacement or heavily depended upon.
Your mirrors or BSM can only tell you "NO", they can't tell you "GO". A head turn is required.
Old 11-15-2018, 11:25 PM   #51
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado57 View Post
Your mirrors or BSM can only tell you "NO", they can't tell you "GO". A head turn is required.

If you are turning your head, it's usually indicative that you do not have your mirrors adjusted to your blind spot, instead, they are probably set to be redundant with your rear view mirror, showing the side of the car and rear. If you have to move forward to look at that area, it's usually a dead giveaway...

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote