Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 11-12-2018, 07:55 AM   #29
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
It's borderline considering the HID headlights, aluminum hood, airbag, SRS control unit, radiator is gone which means so is the condenser and the new expensive refrigerant. The rest is cosmetic but it's close to 10k parts and labor just off my visual.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:59 AM   #30
harrist5683

Drives: 2018 Black ZL1 A10
Adding some pics to compare. EDIT: Estimate to repair was 21,400.94
Attached Images

Mod List:
Corsa Extreme Axle-Back | Borla X-Pipe (#60607) | Roto-Fab CAI | GM Dark Tail Lamps | GM Dark Third Brake Lamp | DD Dark Side Markers | GM CF Fuel Door | Rear Reflector Blackout Kit | Xpel Clear Bra | Modesta BC-08 Ceramic Coat

Last edited by harrist5683; 11-12-2018 at 09:41 AM.
harrist5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:14 AM   #31
geaux_tigerss

Drives: 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrist5683 View Post
Adding some pics to compare.
Wow, looking at those pics I’d have never guessed it would be totaled.
geaux_tigerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:37 AM   #32
Tyl3r

Drives: Camaro 2LT
Total-loss threshold in your state is 75%. I do not see approximately $15K in damage. Then again, what do I know?
Tyl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:02 AM   #33
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrist5683 View Post
Adding some pics to compare. EDIT: Estimate to repair was 21,400.94
That's what my '14 WRX looked like after it was t-boned by a driver running a red light, maybe not quite as bad, no airbags went off but I got hit at around 35 mph by a Honda CRV.

It's the impact to the front wheel that did the structural damage.

$16k to fix, car was worth $26k, they totaled it.
DaveC113 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:43 AM   #34
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
It depends on the insurance company but I would say it’s a total. I had my ‘16 2SS about 6 months and had an accident and mine had similar damage as yours and my insurance company fixed mine. Of course it was just 6 months old at the time (November 2016) and it was still considered a new car. Damage all said and done was over $18,000 when the repairs were done. Also the main airbags didn’t deploy as in your case only the side airbags in mine. With some of the problems I have had lately with my SS I really wish it had been totaled. I didn’t have a preferred body shop do the work and some of the shortcuts in repairs I have had to pay for because my insurance company wouldn’t do supplements to the original accident claim. So my advice is wait for the adjuster to do the claim and see where it goes if repaired or totaled. Good luck!
Old 11-12-2018, 02:00 PM   #35
00 Trans Ram

Drives: 2017 2SS
OP, check your state laws. Here in Louisiana, a car MUST be totaled if repair costs (including labor, paint, etc.) exceed 25% of the NADA value of your car at the time of the accident. See http://www.legis.la.gov/legis/law.aspx?d=88513

Quote:
(14) "Total loss" means a motor vehicle which has sustained damages equivalent to seventy-five percent or more of the market value as determined by the most current National Automobile Dealers Association Handbook. However, a motor vehicle that sustains cosmetic damages caused by hail equivalent to seventy-five percent or more of its market value as a result of costs for repairs to items such as windshields, windows, and rear glass, exterior paint and paint materials, and body damage such as dents shall not be deemed a "total loss" and salvaged; however, such vehicles shall be issued a branded title indicating the vehicle has sustained hail damage.
NADA lists your car around $28,675 (I assumed a 2LT - if 2LS, price will be different). That's a target of $21,506. I'm VP for a TPA (Third Party Administrator). I'm not an adjuster, but work with a staff of dozens of them.

Based on the damage, I'd say it's totaled. The way these cars are built, I daresay that you will end up seeing things like your passenger door is slightly misaligned (measure door gap top and bottom). Airbags alone will cost a few thousand. Cooling system, most front body panels. Plenty of substructure (shock tower, perhaps?). Even some wiring harness work.

Oh, one other thing. You get to choose your body shop. Call around, and (assuming you want the car totaled) choose the most expensive. They are all close, but some charge more. Even if the car isn't totaled, those shops usually do the best work.
00 Trans Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 04:40 PM   #36
stemor

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro 2.0T
You guys really are awesome and thanks for all the input. The passenger door is way out of alignment. It won’t open at all. I was actually getting ready to drop it off at my dealer for a torn seat and a headliner that was coming out but looks like I may be upgrading to a different Camaro soon. I will let everyone know what my insurance company (Travelers) decides to do. Much rather have it totaled though...
stemor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:05 PM   #37
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by stemor View Post
You guys really are awesome and thanks for all the input. The passenger door is way out of alignment. It won’t open at all. I was actually getting ready to drop it off at my dealer for a torn seat and a headliner that was coming out but looks like I may be upgrading to a different Camaro soon. I will let everyone know what my insurance company (Travelers) decides to do. Much rather have it totaled though...
If the door don’t close I wouldn’t want the car back at any cost. No matter how good they are, how perfect a job they can do, if they have the latest and greatest chassis alignment jig that can bring it “perfectly square”.....

It ain’t never gonna feel or drive right again.

Now is your chance to get yourself a 2SS 6 speed with the 1LE package
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:53 PM   #38
activepat

Drives: Red Hot SS 1LE
The correct answer is nobody here could tell you. It needs a pro to look at it in person.

But if it makes you feel better it is a goner.
activepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 06:48 PM   #39
00 Trans Ram

Drives: 2017 2SS
One other thing, Stemor - if the insurance company tries to fix it, be sure you visit the body shop OFTEN to point out other damage. For instance, a ring may have scuffed the steering wheel, which means replacing it. Your knee may have hit the dash, making it loose. That kind of stuff.

Also, check your policy to see if you have the right to demand "new" or "reconditioned" (aka: LKQ parts) parts. Since it's your own policy, they may have the option of putting on "used, but like new" parts. If it was someone else's policy (ie: they hit you), then you can almost always demand new/reconditioned parts (usually new).

Lastly, if you think the insurance company is doing something wrong (they usually aren't - even if it feels like they are), you can always file a complaint with your Department of Insurance.
00 Trans Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:38 PM   #40
BurningMan

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS / 2012 CBR1000RR
Looks like mine after an accident a week ago Friday. Hopefully superficial sheet metal n stuff, but expensive.
BurningMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:53 PM   #41
meyouand987.2

Drives: 2011 Cayman R 2017 1LE
I am a licensed rebuilder....TOTALED, don't even need to see under the hood. The rebar is twisted and pushed up, so the horns are now out and I bet if you pull the caps on them you will see it too. DO NOT LET THEM SECTION THE FRAME! And don't think they won't try!
meyouand987.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:54 PM   #42
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Agree 00 Trans Ram on your advice to Stemor. When my SS was being repaired no aftermarket body parts were available because the car was so new. The shop had to wait on some parts because they were back ordered by GM. The other repair parts were refurbished which the shop didn’t use because they cost just as much or more than new parts. Every damaged part that was replaced was OEM and I requested this from my insurance company since they had to pay for the claim. They later went after the other persons insurance and got reimbursed for the claim when it was determined that they were at fault. I got a check for diminished value from my insurance company.