Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-21-2015, 03:03 PM   #1
E-Ray

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Nightfall Grey
Jack lift point on the 2016?

Has there been any info on the floor jack lifting points on this model yet?

Last edited by E-Ray; 12-21-2015 at 03:14 PM.
E-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 03:08 PM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
I need to know too, its not in the manual. Ill get underneath this weekend to look but a wheel mfr posted this pic of their position:
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 10:12 AM   #3
E-Ray

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Nightfall Grey
Called about getting some info on the jack lifting points, they sent me this diagram with some instructions.

[IMG][/IMG]
anger: To avoid any vehicle damage, serious personal injury or death when major components are removed from the vehicle and the vehicle is supported by a hoist, support the vehicle with jack stands at the opposite end from which the components are being removed and strap the vehicle to the hoist.

Danger: To avoid any vehicle damage, serious personal injury or death, always use the jackstands to support the vehicle when lifting the vehicle with a jack.

Caution: Perform the following steps before beginning any vehicle lifting or jacking procedure:

· Remove or secure all of the vehicle contents in order to avoid any shifting or any movement that may occur during the vehicle lifting or jacking procedure.

· The lifting equipment or the jacking equipment weight rating must meet or exceed the weight of the vehicle and any vehicle contents.

· The lifting equipment or the jacking equipment must meet the operational standards of the lifting equipment or jacking equipment manufacturer.

· Perform the vehicle lifting or jacking procedure on a clean, hard, dry, level surface.

· Perform the vehicle lifting or jacking procedure only at the identified lift points. DO NOT allow the lifting equipment or jacking equipment to contact any other vehicle components.

Failure to perform the previous steps could result in damage to the lifting equipment or the jacking equipment, the vehicle, and/or the vehicle contents.
Vehicle Lifting– Frame Contact Lift

Note: The vehicle should be lifted so that the hoist pads and or lift arms do not contact the rocker panel molding. The hoist pad must be located in the designated area. In the front location, place the lift pads on the rocker outer panel weld flange. In the rear location, place the lift pads on the rocker outer panel rear cradle brace. Care should be taken to ensure the hoist pad is inside the rocker panel molding cut out area (notch) to prevent damage to the vehicle.

Front Lift Pads

When lifting the vehicle with a frame-contact lift, place the front lift pads on the rocker outer panel weld flange (1), as shown

Rear Lift Pads

When lifting the vehicle with a frame-contact lift, place the rear lift pads on the rocker outer panel weld flange (2), as shown.

Vehicle Jacking

Caution: When you are jacking the vehicle at the front locations, be certain that the jack or the jack lift pad does not contact the front fascia, front fascia air dam, or the front fenders. If such contact occurs, vehicle damage may result. When jacking at selected front locations additional clearance may be required for the jacking points.

Note: When you are lifting a vehicle with a service jack, block the wheels at the opposite end from which you are lifting. Use jack stands to provide additional support.

Front of Vehicle

When using a service jack under the front of the vehicle use one of the following locations:

Place the service jack pad in the same location as shown for the front lift pads or on the front center jack pad.

Rear of Vehicle

Note: Place jackstands ONLY under strong and stable vehicle structures.

Place the service jack pad in the same location as shown for the rear lift pads.
E-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 11:12 AM   #4
leadfoot93
Camaro Fan

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS Garnet Red
I plan on doing my oil change this weekend on my 1SS. Does anyone know the safe locations for jack stands besides the pinch welds? Thanks
3800 Status: 10/13/15 VIN #116519
4200 Status: 12/19/15
Delivered : 12/28/15
leadfoot93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 11:28 AM   #5
Glen e

I use cheap ramps, see my pics
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=435646

Last edited by Glen e; 02-19-2016 at 11:42 AM.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:49 AM   #6
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
I use harbor freight ramps with "custom made" 2x10 wood steps to get up on the ramp. I also bought the jack pads and have a 4 ton low profile aluminum floor jack and will be trying this out this weekend.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 01:24 PM   #7
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
Is there a center jacking location from the front or back like on the 4th gen f-bodies? I used to be able to jack from the rear diff or the front crossmember
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 01:35 PM   #8
Glen e

Yup just jack on the major cross braces, brackets....
Old 03-21-2016, 03:27 PM   #9
Karma81

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I really cant believe that isnt in the manual! I guess because the car has runflats? The car is to low to get to one of the cross braces...especially in the front.
Karma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 12:55 PM   #10
STEVE41

Drives: 2016 SS
where are you guys jacking up the car? the area that i circle in red, orange, or blue? thanks
Attached Images

STEVE41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 04:00 PM   #11
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
I use a jack pad and there is a perfect spot by the front tires on pinch weld. Really only need to use either side as you chassis is super stiff and really easy to lift the whole side of the car at the same side. I have yet to use jack stands though and would not trust just a jack. I also would not use the aluminum cross braces as aluminum is easy to bend. Maybe over thinking these braces but would only jack the car up where they bolt to the chassis, if I had to. he diagram shown earlier le the pinch weld area to jack the car up as well.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 06:15 PM   #12
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
those spots in red and blue look aluminum and im not sure i would lift there. orange looks steel, but you don't know if it was designed for force in that direction, also looks like it was swiss cheesed for weight...

i just got a generic adapter for the jack and lift with the pinch weld($30), just not worth the feeling after you just crushed something with the jack. cars are getting more and more tricky with each generation as they remove weight
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 09:55 AM   #13
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
This thread discusses this topic, but I'm not sure there is still a good answer for how to jack up the car, and then also put it on jack stands.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=446296

I just assume I'd have to find some other spot that looks reasonably solid, and get the car up in the air enough to slide a stand under the pinch weld. But if we can't put a jack stand under the pinch weld, well then I have no clue.
Old 05-09-2016, 09:24 PM   #14
evanescent03

Drives: '19 SS 1LE/'19 Rubicon/'20 AT4
Have people been using the jack pad adaptors (at the pinch weld points) with success? I'm not experienced with this type of Jack point. Coming from BMW with their little plastic jack pads I'm honestly not sure if this is better or worse lol.
evanescent03 is offline   Reply With Quote