Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Phastek Performance

Old 09-09-2019, 08:55 AM   #1
1LEThumper

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE
Side skirts and rock guards

Who all makes side skirts for these cars? I have seen the GM ones, ACS ones, and RPI design ones. A few have modified the ZL1 skirts too? I never realized the front fenders were different on those cars.

What about combining with a front rock guard on the car? Any issues with them not fitting together with each other? Again ZL1 Addon versions and GM makes some as well.
1LEThumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 09:50 AM   #2
Matos1LE

Drives: SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEThumper View Post
Who all makes side skirts for these cars? I have seen the GM ones, ACS ones, and RPI design ones. A few have modified the ZL1 skirts too? I never realized the front fenders were different on those cars.

What about combining with a front rock guard on the car? Any issues with them not fitting together with each other? Again ZL1 Addon versions and GM makes some as well.
People have combined them quite a bit (rock guard and side skirt), it works out fine. With the stock ZL1 skirts, you don't modify the skirt itself, but rather use washers to shim your fender out to match. Run a search here in the 1LE section, you should come up with a long thread on the subject.
Matos1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 01:22 PM   #3
madscotsman

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
I have OEM rear splash guards painted RED HOT, satin black ACS Side skirts with their moulded front splash guards since their skirts don't work with the OEM splash guards. I had to trim my rear side splitters to fit with the OEM rear splash guards.
madscotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 10:19 AM   #4
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
C7 composites side skirts

Ryan B.
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:51 PM   #5
1LEThumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post

Ryan B.

I noticed you had some little ones too, since I'm dropping my daughter off every morning, any issues with them getting in and out of the back seat area? My C6 wasn't bad but even I would catch my foot on it sometimes if I wasn't thinking what I was doing..
Old 09-10-2019, 04:49 PM   #6
BAUSS 1LE

Drives: 19 SS 1LE
Quote:

Ryan B.
Those C7 skirts look good, did you get them pre painted? Or did you paint them after you received them. I have been looking at getting a set.
BAUSS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 09:43 PM   #7
Ryanbabz71

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEThumper View Post
I noticed you had some little ones too, since I'm dropping my daughter off every morning, any issues with them getting in and out of the back seat area? My C6 wasn't bad but even I would catch my foot on it sometimes if I wasn't thinking what I was doing..

I have an almost 10 yr old boy (big for his age) and a 7 yr old girl. They both ride in the back fine. They are a bit cramped but we don’t take long rides in it. If it’s just me and my son he rides shotgun

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 09-10-2019, 09:47 PM   #8
Ryanbabz71

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAUSS 1LE View Post
Those C7 skirts look good, did you get them pre painted? Or did you paint them after you received them. I have been looking at getting a set.

They are painted the satin color from C7. I believe I heard they are not offering this anymore .

Here are a few more Photos I also have zl1addon rock guards (3rd photo)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 09-10-2019, 10:05 PM   #9
BAUSS 1LE

Drives: 19 SS 1LE
Quote:
They are painted the satin color from C7. I believe I heard they are not offering this anymore .
I believe you are correct, I literally just tried ordering some from wildhammer, the message says "This item is on hold". I guess I have to find another brand.
BAUSS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 09:47 AM   #10
Cruisin

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
I added the ZL1 version rockers from C7 Carbon, painted in satin black. I also already had the GM rock guards installed on the car before I thought about adding the rockers. My local body shop was able to cut a notch on the bottom side of the rock guards and slide the rockers in under them. We then painted the bottom end of the rock guards satin black to match the rockers. We installed the rockers with rivets along the bottom and 3M double sided tape along the top. (The tape was installed on the rockers before painting them so that the top edge of the tape is black and doesn’t show.). We also had to add an extra rivet and screw at the very back end of the rockers towards the inner top as the top side tended to pull away slightly even with the double sided tape. I’m happy with how it all turned out. So far, no rock chips!!!
Attached Images

Cruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 11:17 AM   #11
BMKY

Drives: 18 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Looking better than mine. I installed the GM rock guards last year to protect the rear fender, but the protection was little. So I painted and installed the ZL1 side skirts last month, hoping better protection. I cut the front end of the side skirts to fit the GM rock guards. Looking ok from meters away.... I did not use the skews in the package, but tri fold rivets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisin View Post
I added the ZL1 version rockers from C7 Carbon, painted in satin black. I also already had the GM rock guards installed on the car before I thought about adding the rockers. My local body shop was able to cut a notch on the bottom side of the rock guards and slide the rockers in under them. We then painted the bottom end of the rock guards satin black to match the rockers. We installed the rockers with rivets along the bottom and 3M double sided tape along the top. (The tape was installed on the rockers before painting them so that the top edge of the tape is black and doesn’t show.). We also had to add an extra rivet and screw at the very back end of the rockers towards the inner top as the top side tended to pull away slightly even with the double sided tape. I’m happy with how it all turned out. So far, no rock chips!!!
Old 09-30-2019, 07:53 AM   #12
1LEThumper

So I ended up ordering direct from ACS and got their ZL1 style skirts and front rock guards painted in 1LE black. Items arrived very well packaged with all the goodies. I think I had everything on the car in a little over an hour including getting the tools out and clean up. Fits like OE and with the rivets on the skirts they are rock solid in place. Go on just like the ZR1 skirts I had on my C6Z06 with GM rivets.

Super easy to do and they fit really well. Hopefully it cuts down on rock chips.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:14 AM   #13
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I just got the ACS rockers and front guards. My car is going to the body shop to fix some minor damage caused by someone backing into my car while it was parked... they will paint it "trim black" and install.

The sides of my car and especially the area in front of the rear wheels has been sandblasted over the last year, luckily I applied PPF but will have to r&r the PPF before install and I hope the guards will keep the rocks away.

I honestly can't believe Chevy would sell the SS 1LE without them, do they just expect us to be fine with the issue? The factory PPF in this area is a joke and even with PPF the paint is going to get damaged eventually. I think these side skirts/rockers and rock guards are mandatory for anyone who cares about maintaining the paint on their car.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:01 AM   #14
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
They sell this car with the same front tire width as the ZL1, but without the wider fenders. So if you're looking for an answer to your question about the manufacturer's expectations that should settle it.
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote