Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-18-2020, 03:13 PM   #1
Camaro__ss

Drives: 2013 L99
Intermittent driver window operation

On 2 occasions in the past month or so my driver window randomly won’t go down. I use the window every time I go to work, so this is an infrequent malfunction. Both times I noticed the window indexes properly (opens a bit when I open the door and raises upon closing the door like it is supposed to). After I park the car for a few hours and restart it works normally. The passenger window works normally during the driver side malfunction period.
I don’t think it’s a motor problem since the indexing function works at all times. I thought about a switch but I don’t understand why it would start working again after being parked for a period.

The only electical mods I have are NPP controller and a dash cam that piggy back off fuse F18 (20a power outlet) fuse tap that have been installed for well over a year, so I don’t think that is related.

New battery in August.

I would appreciate any recommendations for trouble shooting. Thanks.
Camaro__ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 03:20 PM   #2
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Could be the switch or a wire coming from the switch and/or motor.
Old 12-18-2020, 04:09 PM   #3
Camaro__ss

I guess I’ll try replacing the switch, I just don’t understand why it would be an intermittent problem
Old 12-19-2020, 03:57 AM   #4
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro__ss View Post
I guess I’ll try replacing the switch, I just don’t understand why it would be an intermittent problem
The intermittent part might be the loose wire / broken wire part I mentioned. Either at the switch or going to the motor. Pull the door panel and while operating the switch, give the wires a little tug and see if it causes a change.
Old 12-21-2020, 08:58 AM   #5
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
I just got mine fixed. First it was intermittent auto reversing then later 100% failure. No drivers side indexing either. Radio did not shut off after I opened the door anymore.

It was a bad connection in the wiring to the Body Control Circuit. Window motor, regulator and switch were all changed out by me before I threw in the towel and took it to the dealer. They fixed the broken connections and we are good now.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 10:09 AM   #6
Camaro__ss

This sounds challenging