Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-08-2020, 12:09 PM   #1
Jaystroh

Drives: Camaro RS 2LT
Who can repair rattle inside seat back?

So I’m slowly fixing the few things that are annoying me like the small dent on the passenger door and the bad tint job on the rear window etc.. nothing major at all but just like my stuff to look good. Now the last thing is the jingle or rattle sound that my passenger seat makes every time I hit any size bump big or small. It sounds like someone jingling their key ring. When I have a passenger or the seat is tilted forward the sound does not appear. so the upward jolt from bumps with the seat in the upright position creates the rattle. with that being said who would be the correct person to take this kind of project too? upholstery/interior person or? I removed the headrest just to rule that out and still rattles. Thanks.
Jaystroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 12:20 PM   #2
Jb54

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS M6
I think your rattle is where the seat back hooks to the seat bottom, when you unlatch it to to put the seat back forward. Lube the hook and the receiver and I bet your problem goes away. Not to much inside of a seat to cause a rattle or jingling noise as you described.
Jb54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 12:29 PM   #3
Jaystroh

That’s a good suggestion I will def try that in the mean time for sure. The sound seems like it’s up higher which is why I though it was the headrest. On thing I did notice is that if I put forward pressure on the headrest it doesn’t make the sound either which makes me think it’s the area inside the seat that the headrest poles drop into or somewhere in that area.
Old 11-08-2020, 12:36 PM   #4
Jb54

It could be that, but doubtful to me, as the holders for your headrest are rigid and very solid. Also could be the seatbelt latch rattling or something along that line. If you take it to someone, I recommend an upholsterer. Also, you could ask a friend to ride in the back seat, while you're driving and see if they could locate it while it's in motion and doing it.

Last edited by Jb54; 11-08-2020 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Add
Old 11-08-2020, 12:42 PM   #5
Jaystroh

Yea that’s what I was thinking. There’s a shop close by I’m gonna check out. I assume your talking about the seat belt mount at the side of the seat bottom? I did check that as well and it didn’t seem to be the issue.
Old 11-08-2020, 12:46 PM   #6
Jb54

I'm referring to the shoulder belt down the side of the seat closest to the passenger door. Could it be rattling on plastic? The male end of the seat belt, where it goes through the keeper on the side of the seat.

Last edited by Jb54; 11-08-2020 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Add
Old 11-08-2020, 01:05 PM   #7
Jaystroh

Oh gotcha no def not. I plugged it in several times (no passenger) or held it tight while I was driving lol just to see if that was it! I’ve pretty much corrected every little rattle in the interior with the exception of this dang thing lol! My post was more geared toward what kind of place should I take it to for repair. I’ve exhausted all my efforts on narrowing it down to the seat back.
Old 11-08-2020, 01:08 PM   #8
Jb54

Ok Jaystroh. Good luck. I know rattles can be maddening. Hope you find it. Please post the remedy when you get her solved.
Old 11-08-2020, 01:15 PM   #9
Jaystroh

Oh for sure I’ll get it lol! Drives ya crazy! And I’ll post the fix! Thanks