Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 09-04-2019, 07:19 PM   #1
ttedesco

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Unhappy Dropping the Tank, What to upgrade.

A couple months back I was driving home from the track, and at about 10 pm I hit someones blown tire that was in the middle of the interstate and it kicked up and hit something in the rear of my car. Everything felt fine but I wanted to double check everything was good, so I took the next exit and looked under the car and everything looked good. So I kept driving home. The next day I took it out after work and put some gas in it. The day after that I opened my garage and all I could smell is gas. Looked under the car and there was just a little pin sized hole in the tank that was just weeping a little gas. I didn't drive it for the rest of the week, and over the weekend I put the car on a hoist and patched the hole with some WaterWeld. All was good for a couple months, till Saturday, I put gas in my car, and Sunday morning I opened the garage door and smelled gas again. I've thought about just patching it again but I don't want to keep patching it over and over again. So I've decided to replace the tank. Luckily I found a used tank nearby for about 150 bucks.

What are some upgrades that I can do while I have the sub-frame out. I know the obvious upgrade is sub-frame bushings, but I was wondering if there are any other ones I can do while its out. And for sub-frame bushings are BMR's Poly bushings good or should I just bite the bullet and get solid bushings.

Thanks!
ttedesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 07:19 AM   #2
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
You already have a ZL1 pump so your good there, you can do the upper rear control arm bushing to Z28 style (their solid vs the SS has voids) you could always do diff bushing, and completely agree on the cradle bushing. Do a good clean up in that area.
Definitely go solids you won't notice any noise, vibration, or harmonics speed the extra for the solids.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 10:11 AM   #3
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
If your cradle is out you can upgrade a lot. I would go solid craddle mounts from DSE for sure. If you ever wanted to upgrade suspension I would pop the z/28 upper link with the big bushing. Horrible to replace without craddle off. Rest you can do with car back together.

If solid mounts worry you go z/28 mounts.
Old 09-30-2019, 02:27 PM   #4
ttedesco

Small update, you don't actually have to drop the subframe to replace the tank. So if anyone is interested I've posted my bushings for sale in the forum.
Old 09-30-2019, 03:35 PM   #5
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
How'd you drop the tank with dropping the sub frame??
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 03:37 PM   #6
ttedesco

Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
How'd you drop the tank with dropping the sub frame??
Pretty easy actually, Chevy designed it so that it can slip out between the top of the dif and the body. I was actually surprised it was designed like that.