Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-14-2020, 12:42 PM   #1
Jaystroh

Drives: Camaro RS 2LT
Eibach lowering spring install cost $400

Is 400 a good price for the install of eibach pro kit? the shop is a spring and suspension shop near me. I’m pretty sure that’s the out the door price with alignment. I’ve seen so many different prices on all the forums. 400 for everything seems fair in my opinion. Thanks
Jaystroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 12:49 PM   #2
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Yes. A good shop where I am will be at least that much.
Old 12-14-2020, 12:52 PM   #3
Jaystroh

Yea I’ve seen as high as 750 from a few people. that’s outrageous. I figured anything under 500 with alignment was reasonable.
Old 12-14-2020, 12:55 PM   #4
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
$400 with alignment isnt bad but dont get it aligned right after most people usually take a week or so to make sure the car settles
Old 12-14-2020, 01:04 PM   #5
Jaystroh

Ok good to know. The shop is specifically a suspension shop so the guy seemed very knowledgeable and hopefully he will know what’s best. I’ve had cars before aligned right after install and then waited on others so I will see what he says. Thanks for the heads up though.
Old 12-14-2020, 02:02 PM   #6
Eric10905
Geezer_loves_Camaros

Drives: 2018 2SS, Black, A8
For $400, if me, i would not think twice about dropping it off. I installed my eibachs myself, and paid for an alignment after. I'm not a young man and my shoulders were aching afterwards (did the bmr rear bushing lockout at same time). As already said, if you trust the shop, i'd drop the $400 and do something else with the time. ;-) good luck!
Eric10905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 02:09 PM   #7
Jaystroh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric10905 View Post
For $400, if me, i would not think twice about dropping it off. I installed my eibachs myself, and paid for an alignment after. I'm not a young man and my shoulders were aching afterwards (did the bmr rear bushing lockout at same time). As already said, if you trust the shop, i'd drop the $400 and do something else with the time. ;-) good luck!
Yea I’m with ya. For that price I figured it was well worth it. Only worry I ever have with a shop working on this car is lifting it. I’ve never seen a car so easily to damage from lifting as this car. Lol. Scares me every time I consider a shop to work on it.
Old 12-14-2020, 03:06 PM   #8
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
400 bucks is a good price. I paid about that to do my 5th gen at the dealership. But like stated above, don't do the alignment until about a week of so after the install so it will settle some.
Old 12-14-2020, 05:19 PM   #9
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Sounds reasonable to me considering the labor involved! I say go for it if that’s what you want.
Old 12-14-2020, 09:58 PM   #10
Jaystroh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Sounds reasonable to me considering the labor involved! I say go for it if that’s what you want.
Yea I’m gonna just let them do it. only two things left to do and both require lifting the car. I’m more scared of the improper lifting then paying extra for the work being done. Lol.
Old 12-15-2020, 06:37 AM   #11
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaystroh View Post
Yea I’m gonna just let them do it. only two things left to do and both require lifting the car. I’m more scared of the improper lifting then paying extra for the work being done. Lol.
Order some lift pads from ZL1 add ons or check on Amazon for several different brands. Easy peasy!
Old 12-15-2020, 12:38 PM   #12
Eric10905
Geezer_loves_Camaros

Drives: 2018 2SS, Black, A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaystroh View Post
Yea I’m with ya. For that price I figured it was well worth it. Only worry I ever have with a shop working on this car is lifting it. I’ve never seen a car so easily to damage from lifting as this car. Lol. Scares me every time I consider a shop to work on it.
LOL, can't argue with you there. My dealer actually dented mine and had to send it to body shop to fix it. I end up doing much of my own work because of this reason as well (plus i can be cheap... consumables on these are not cheap). As LT4 Greg noted, get some lift pads. I went with some red ones, so hopefully easy to see. Just in case i do take the car somewhere and they will need to lift it. My thought, my theory is, if i have to take the car somewhere, besides telling them to use the red pads, I plan to leave a note in both seats about using them. And hope they read and follow the instructions. ;-)
Eric10905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 05:31 PM   #13
Jaystroh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric10905 View Post
LOL, can't argue with you there. My dealer actually dented mine and had to send it to body shop to fix it. I end up doing much of my own work because of this reason as well (plus i can be cheap... consumables on these are not cheap). As LT4 Greg noted, get some lift pads. I went with some red ones, so hopefully easy to see. Just in case i do take the car somewhere and they will need to lift it. My thought, my theory is, if i have to take the car somewhere, besides telling them to use the red pads, I plan to leave a note in both seats about using them. And hope they read and follow the instructions. ;-)
Haha yup I have the lift pucks already. Even got them before my dealership wrecked my rocker.. lol. I tell the shops to use them and be careful and so far I’ve been good but the more it gets lifted the more chance of damage. Just sucks these cars are so touchy with that. annoying
Old 12-15-2020, 06:50 PM   #14
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Drives: Camaro
Around $400 sounds good. I'd pull the trigger. $750 sounds f*cking insane, like they're trying to sell you cocaine with the install and alignment
Altered Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote