Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-08-2020, 06:23 AM   #1
AndEye41

Drives: 2021 RS 3LT
Upgrade 2021 RS to 1LE splitter and turn silver inserts Gloss Black

Does anyone know of an aftermarket vendor that sells the black front splitter that comes with 2019-2021 V6 RS 1LE package, or a replica/same shape.

I'm essentially wanting my RS to look like the one in this video. Currently my RS has the silver inserts, and no splitter, and I would really like to black out those front inserts and install this same black splitter.

I am finding some ZL1 splitter replicas on some sites, but I'm just wanting the basic RS 1LE one. Will any splitter that fits the '19-21 SS fit the RS bumper properly? I believe so but I can't really tell from pictures alone if the 1LE splitter is the same on both RS and SS.

Would it be realistic to try wrapping these front inserts in gloss black without having to remove the bumper and take these inserts out? They are supposedly pretty difficult to remove from the bumper. I've seen a matte wrap done on the bowtie emblem, but given the shape and depth of these front grille inserts, I'm not so sure how practical it will be.

I have watched some videos, but never wrapped anything before, nor done any auto paint jobs. Appreciate any advice!
AndEye41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 06:57 AM   #2
AndEye41

Drives: 2021 RS 3LT
As far as the splitter, after digging around a bit more, I'm thinking my best bet is this item below

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-2...08NV28XT7?th=1

However I'd still appreciate any advice on the most practical way to black out the front grille inserts to look like the 1LE Package.

Edit: Also this one I believe is the same, though it doesn't mention if it comes with any hardware to help with installation.

https://extremeonlinestore.com/produ...37602688336042

Last edited by AndEye41; 12-08-2020 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Add other link
AndEye41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 12:21 PM   #3
BrandanK

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
I like that. It would look great on my LT1. I like the smoother look of that one versus the current "Gen 2" splitter that GM offers.

BK
BrandanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 12:22 PM   #4
Jaystroh

Drives: Camaro RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndEye41 View Post
As far as the splitter, after digging around a bit more, I'm thinking my best bet is this item below

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-2...08NV28XT7?th=1

However I'd still appreciate any advice on the most practical way to black out the front grille inserts to look like the 1LE Package.

Edit: Also this one I believe is the same, though it doesn't mention if it comes with any hardware to help with installation.

https://extremeonlinestore.com/produ...37602688336042

Rpi winglet design was the closest thing to the OEM 1LE for the 16-18 LT trim level. As for the 19+ refresh I’m not sure. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of options yet for the new front end. seen a few SS splitters but not on the LT or RS models. You might have to reach out to GM parts and see if they sell the 1LE splitter by itself or post on the main forum and see what others with the new front end have done or bought. Hopefully they will have more options for the new front end soon. Good luck!
Attached Images

Jaystroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 01:16 PM   #5
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
I like Joe. I actually bought my SS because of him. And from Dimmitt.

Sorry for the hijack.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1le front splitter, 1le rs splitter, black front inserts, gloss black