Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

AWE Tuning

Old 02-26-2018, 12:39 PM   #1
00 Trans Ram

Drives: 2017 2SS
Camaro SS vs Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4

Same driver (me). Very similar days. Both cars 100% stock (well, mine is). Both on >50% used, stock tires.

At New Orleans Motorsports Park, I drove the Huracan as part of the Extreme Experience. Amazing car, and hella fast. Top speed on the straight was in the mid 140s.

Then, some months later, I drove my Camaro SS. Can't compare lap times, as the track configuration was different. But, for the section compared below, entry (and leadup to entry) was the same as was exit - so they are identical.

As you can see, the Camaro actually had 1 more mph of speed. Of course, this could be variation in measurement, slightly different track position, etc. So, let's say they are the same. If I can say that a stock Camaro runs the same speeds through high-speed curves as a Huracan . . .??? Yeah, that's not bad!

00 Trans Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 12:51 PM   #2
locktyght

Drives: Summit White 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 Trans Ram View Post
Same driver (me). Very similar days. Both cars 100% stock (well, mine is). Both on >50% used, stock tires.

At New Orleans Motorsports Park, I drove the Huracan as part of the Extreme Experience. Amazing car, and hella fast. Top speed on the straight was in the mid 140s.

Then, some months later, I drove my Camaro SS. Can't compare lap times, as the track configuration was different. But, for the section compared below, entry (and leadup to entry) was the same as was exit - so they are identical.

As you can see, the Camaro actually had 1 more mph of speed. Of course, this could be variation in measurement, slightly different track position, etc. So, let's say they are the same. If I can say that a stock Camaro runs the same speeds through high-speed curves as a Huracan . . .??? Yeah, that's not bad!

I'm usually pushing through the first "s" at around 83-85 and average down to 80-82 through there, so it would seem to be pretty spot on.
Old 02-26-2018, 01:01 PM   #3
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
Quote:

I think you could see the 140MPH plus on the straight if you can make yourself realize that Turn 1 is a 70MPH corner. I know, I brake too soon and too much coming down the front straight. However, I have exited 16 at 70+ and taken 1 at 70+ with a 140+ terminal velocity in the middle (David S is a great coach).

I hope both of you come out in March (24th-25th) for the NASA event. New tires and new brakes on all 4 corners might help me finish 1 entire lap in the daylight.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:45 AM   #4
00 Trans Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafourche1 View Post
I think you could see the 140MPH plus on the straight if you can make yourself realize that Turn 1 is a 70MPH corner. I know, I brake too soon and too much coming down the front straight. However, I have exited 16 at 70+ and taken 1 at 70+ with a 140+ terminal velocity in the middle (David S is a great coach).

I hope both of you come out in March (24th-25th) for the NASA event. New tires and new brakes on all 4 corners might help me finish 1 entire lap in the daylight.
I definitely could go faster now. The stock tires were down to 2-3/32nds, and hard as rocks. I was barely able to keep 1.0G in the corners. With the new RE07Rs that I have, I'm able to hold ~1.1-1.2Gs on sweeping curves (like the exit from Earhart to Clearview - which is far-from-ideal concrete).
Old 03-07-2018, 12:20 PM   #5
Lafourche1

Quote:
I definitely could go faster now. The stock tires were down to 2-3/32nds, and hard as rocks. I was barely able to keep 1.0G in the corners. With the new RE07Rs that I have, I'm able to hold ~1.1-1.2Gs on sweeping curves (like the exit from Earhart to Clearview - which is far-from-ideal concrete).
I won't be getting the gains that you will with the RE07Rs, but I am hoping the Michelin PS4s are an upgrade over the stock tires or the Continentals.

I just know that I have met you at the Friday night cruise-ins on Williams BLVD when the 4th Gen T/As and Firehawks were the beasts. Gulf Coast F Body Association if my memory tracks the nearly 20 years now.
Old 03-13-2018, 12:29 PM   #6
00 Trans Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafourche1 View Post
I won't be getting the gains that you will with the RE07Rs, but I am hoping the Michelin PS4s are an upgrade over the stock tires or the Continentals.

I just know that I have met you at the Friday night cruise-ins on Williams BLVD when the 4th Gen T/As and Firehawks were the beasts. Gulf Coast F Body Association if my memory tracks the nearly 20 years now.
I mispoke (noticed it when I looked at the car the other day). I've actually got the RE-71R. So used to saying the other ones.

I was in the Gulf South Firebird and Camaro Club here in NO many moons ago. Had a red 2000 Trans Am WS-6 (which eventually became my racecar). That was a LONG time ago! Which one was yours?
Old 03-13-2018, 01:44 PM   #7
Lafourche1

Quote:
I mispoke (noticed it when I looked at the car the other day). I've actually got the RE-71R. So used to saying the other ones.

I was in the Gulf South Firebird and Camaro Club here in NO many moons ago. Had a red 2000 Trans Am WS-6 (which eventually became my racecar). That was a LONG time ago! Which one was yours?
First was the harvest gold 1998 Formula. The second was the 2000 pewter SLP Firehawk #509.