Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-03-2018, 07:53 AM   #771
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen_Nick3.8 View Post
The interior on the 6th gen is good but in surveys almost everyone mention's that stupid high driver dash on top of the small windshield, the 6th gen interior is too cramped everything is small. You can barely get a wallet in the side pocket. 6th gen owners dont care because they bought one, but dont wonder why sales suck.. Its not just price. I know 3 people personally who didnt buy a 6th gen just because of the dash. 3 sales lost X by all the other people out there.
I went from a 2014 SS 1Le to a 2018 SS 1Le with no issues at all , the interior for me is not cramped in any way. Forget the crap you read and the friends you know and get out and drive one , sometimes you have to forget your head and grab your balls . Driven the 14 1Le and the 18 1Le is like driving cars that are more like 14 years apart not 4 . Sales suck because people are back to suv,s and buying trucks ,sales started to drop with the 2015 model year.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 09:44 AM   #772
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Its not just price. I know 3 people personally who didnt buy a 6th gen just because of the dash. 3 sales lost X by all the other people out there.
I find this a little hard to believe..Sure if your 4'-0" tall than i can see this being a problem..But come on, dude..

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 09:55 AM   #773
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
The interior on the 6th gen is good but in surveys almost everyone mention's that stupid high driver dash on top of the small windshield, the 6th gen interior is too cramped everything is small. You can barely get a wallet in the side pocket. 6th gen owners dont care because they bought one, but dont wonder why sales suck.. Its not just price. I know 3 people personally who didnt buy a 6th gen just because of the dash. 3 sales lost X by all the other people out there.
Screw whatever survey your talking about and really, High Dash causing sales to go down? I don't think that has crap to do with lost sales. Cramped, no side pocket, no sunglasses holder, horrid blind spots, no woman to hold my balls while i drive. Yea the list goes on and on i bet LOL.

Now back to the REFRESH 2019 info wherever it is or comes....
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:02 AM   #774
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
I find this a little hard to believe..Sure if your 4'-0" tall than i can see this being a problem..But come on, dude..

Again, and no disrespect, you are saying because it's not a problem for you it can't be a problem?
Old 03-03-2018, 11:01 AM   #775
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
I know 3 people personally who didnt buy a 6th gen just because of the dash. 3 sales lost X by all the other people out there.
Let me guess. You know them all from Camaro5?

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 03-03-2018 at 11:46 AM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:08 AM   #776
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
I went from a 2014 SS 1Le to a 2018 SS 1Le with no issues at all , the interior for me is not cramped in any way. Forget the crap you read and the friends you know and get out and drive one , sometimes you have to forget your head and grab your balls . Driven the 14 1Le and the 18 1Le is like driving cars that are more like 14 years apart not 4 . Sales suck because people are back to suv,s and buying trucks ,sales started to drop with the 2015 model year.
I came from a 13 ZL1. The gen6 is narrower but I preferred that because the left arm rest and console fit me perfect and the gen5 had a big gap between the seat and door. Plus, I also ALWAYS thought the gen5 felt wide when driving it. There is more leg adjustment than I can use (6'-4") and at my height the dash binnacles don't obstruct my view.

My body mass index isn't +25% so that may be where the difference in fit comes from
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 04:45 AM   #777
Gen_Nick3.8

Drives: 22 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
Screw whatever survey your talking about and really, High Dash causing sales to go down? I don't think that has crap to do with lost sales. Cramped, no side pocket, no sunglasses holder, horrid blind spots, no woman to hold my balls while i drive. Yea the list goes on and on i bet LOL.

Now back to the REFRESH 2019 info wherever it is or comes....
I dont have a problem with that!! But majority of people do. See when you join a forum you're an enthusiast of some what.. Most people who buy cars are not on forums. So to the average person buying into this market those things matter. Most people aren't rich and can have a Weekend Warrior and a daily!! So when your competition has everything you don't people tend to gravitate towards that option. There's a reason Camaro sales sucked from the get go, But mustang/FCA sales are fantastic. Look at it how you want.. I personally think the camaro is a superior car for enthusiasts.
Gen_Nick3.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:32 AM   #778
Quinten_33

Drives: Silverado
If GM wants better Camaro sales, they have to fire their entire pr department and start a new one from scratch. Everybody knows what a mustang is, and the majority of non-car enthusiasts like the mustang because it's iconic. Survey an entire city asking if they'd rather have a Mustang or a Camaro, 80% will say mustang, 10% will say Camaro, and 10% will ask "what's a Camaro?". GM needs to inform the public on what the Camaro can do. Show off the Zl1 in a commercial with burnouts and a drag racing scene with graphics showing off the LT4, eLSD, and the 10-speed auto. Show off the 1LE packages in a commercial with them lapping a track and graphics showing the various performance features and statistics that each car provides. Use some Camaro SS and ZL1 press cars to give free joyrides at NASCAR races, Mecum auctions, the MLB all-star and World Series games. Let the world know that the Camaro is a professional performance car, and that it runs with the big boys.

Aside from marketing, Mustangs are just too available. I looked on autotrader for a 1996 or newer Ford mustang under $20k and 6350 results pop up. Of those, 1900 are V8s, 2085 are convertibles. They're cheap enough to be first cars for many teens, and that builds the mustang brand. Girls love Mustangs, especially convertible ones.
For Camaros under $20K, 4250 results pop up, and only 571 are v8s, 592 are convertibles. It's hard to build a bigger brand than the mustang when more people are driving mustangs.

The refresh needs to adress three key issues:

1. The base Camaros look far different and (IMO) worse than the SS and ZL1, so they need to have smaller wheel gaps and better front bumpers. All mustangs look the same until you get up to the GT350, and all of the Challengers look good.

2. The interior is a bit weird and, in some cases, unorthadox. They need to lower or redesign the piece above the gauge cluster and use a more upright screen with a less bulky encasing.

3. The challenger 392 and the Mustang GT both make more power than the Camaro SS, and horsepower is a huge selling point. I think they need to raise the SS to 475hp, which is very easy to do with an LT1. The mustang also beats the Camaro in "base model performance" because the EcoBoost is now a base engine, so GM needs to drop the LTG and make the V6 $500 cheaper. That would put the Camaro ahead of the Mustang across the lineups.

Just to be clear, I don't care about sales. Leading in sales doesn't mean a thing about how good a product is. If that were the case, we would all agree that McDonald's is better than Chick-Fil-A.
Quinten_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:32 AM   #779
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Wow, this thread is thrown so far off now we are in advertising and sales LOL. Lets get back into finding out more info about the refresh rather then beat a dead Pony (Mustang). Sales don't mean shit to a vast majority of us. You want to talk about sales here is the thread on that topic - http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...=522093&page=5. Enjoy!
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 12:32 PM   #780
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinten_33 View Post
If GM wants better Camaro sales, they have to fire their entire pr department and start a new one from scratch. Everybody knows what a mustang is, and the majority of non-car enthusiasts like the mustang because it's iconic. Survey an entire city asking if they'd rather have a Mustang or a Camaro, 80% will say mustang, 10% will say Camaro, and 10% will ask "what's a Camaro?". GM needs to inform the public on what the Camaro can do. Show off the Zl1 in a commercial with burnouts and a drag racing scene with graphics showing off the LT4, eLSD, and the 10-speed auto. Show off the 1LE packages in a commercial with them lapping a track and graphics showing the various performance features and statistics that each car provides. Use some Camaro SS and ZL1 press cars to give free joyrides at NASCAR races, Mecum auctions, the MLB all-star and World Series games. Let the world know that the Camaro is a professional performance car, and that it runs with the big boys.

Aside from marketing, Mustangs are just too available. I looked on autotrader for a 1996 or newer Ford mustang under $20k and 6350 results pop up. Of those, 1900 are V8s, 2085 are convertibles. They're cheap enough to be first cars for many teens, and that builds the mustang brand. Girls love Mustangs, especially convertible ones.
For Camaros under $20K, 4250 results pop up, and only 571 are v8s, 592 are convertibles. It's hard to build a bigger brand than the mustang when more people are driving mustangs.

The refresh needs to adress three key issues:

1. The base Camaros look far different and (IMO) worse than the SS and ZL1, so they need to have smaller wheel gaps and better front bumpers. All mustangs look the same until you get up to the GT350, and all of the Challengers look good.

2. The interior is a bit weird and, in some cases, unorthadox. They need to lower or redesign the piece above the gauge cluster and use a more upright screen with a less bulky encasing.

3. The challenger 392 and the Mustang GT both make more power than the Camaro SS, and horsepower is a huge selling point. I think they need to raise the SS to 475hp, which is very easy to do with an LT1. The mustang also beats the Camaro in "base model performance" because the EcoBoost is now a base engine, so GM needs to drop the LTG and make the V6 $500 cheaper. That would put the Camaro ahead of the Mustang across the lineups.

Just to be clear, I don't care about sales. Leading in sales doesn't mean a thing about how good a product is. If that were the case, we would all agree that McDonald's is better than Chick-Fil-A.
Do you have trouble seeing over the gauge cluster ? Or viewing the screen without glare ? I have no problem what so ever with either one of those issues you speak of and think they should be left alone . When i am in the seat the angle of the screen is a plus for reducing glare and other reflections from outside and inside the car.
The base camaros i would bet make up the bulk of the sales ,V6 and I4 versions combined so i don't think changing the look to increase sales would matter. You are right about sales ,they don't matter , so why make changes just to try to increase sales . I think the refresh will bring some new angles on the front and rear and headlights and tail lights, next step in the evolution. I do believe the refresh will only divide the fanbase more .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 12:52 PM   #781
wavsine
________/\_

Drives: Gen6 NGM RS
Send a message via Yahoo to wavsine
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
Sales don't mean shit to a vast majority of us.
Bingo. I don't understand why people want everybody on their block to own a Camaro. Let's keep it special. So what if they discontinue it due to lack of sales. Then you will own a collector's item.
wavsine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 01:25 PM   #782
Childs Play
Pizza & Wings Only $12.99

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavsine View Post
Bingo. I don't understand why people want everybody on their block to own a Camaro. Let's keep it special. So what if they discontinue it due to lack of sales. Then you will own a collector's item.
Because I want the next one too..? While not selling like crazy, your car is far from rare.

Your car isn't a collectors item, nor will it hold its value.

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 01:50 PM   #783
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Gee, I was interested in this thread to find out more about the next version of the Camaro, what others would like to see come true, but not advice from experts on how to sell the next version.

Old 03-04-2018, 02:19 PM   #784
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
No one cares more about 6th gen sales than people who don't own 6th gens.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote