Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-23-2016, 09:17 PM   #29
CrashSS
PWRTR1P

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Employee is better than military, and since none of that is stackable you definitely want employee. That is much, much harder to obtain.

And thank you for your service.
I should be pretty well off with employee/USAA/Costco and hopefully I'llbe able to shop around with that price in hand. I don't have a GM card, but perhaps it's time. I'm curious what the final price would be on a base 1LE with all tbose discounts in hand. If someone could help, I'd appreciate it.
CrashSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 09:27 PM   #30
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashSS View Post
I should be pretty well off with employee/USAA/Costco and hopefully I'llbe able to shop around with that price in hand. I don't have a GM card, but perhaps it's time. I'm curious what the final price would be on a base 1LE with all tbose discounts in hand. If someone could help, I'd appreciate it.
No need to shop around with employee, it's a set price. No dealer can do better then that really...as only GM employees and direct relatives can get that. Not sure how much stuff can be stacked with that though. Maybe just GM Card and private offers.
Old 10-23-2016, 09:52 PM   #31
CrashSS
PWRTR1P

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
No need to shop around with employee, it's a set price. No dealer can do better then that really...as only GM employees and direct relatives can get that. Not sure how much stuff can be stacked with that though. Maybe just GM Card and private offers.
Oh I know, what I meant was the dealer I plan on going to doesn't participate in the Costco program so I'll be checking in with a few of the dealers that are a part of the program. Once I have a price in hand, I can present that to the dealer that I plan on making the purchase from. I'm willing to shop around to save a few hundred bucks.
CrashSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:07 AM   #32
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashSS View Post
Oh I know, what I meant was the dealer I plan on going to doesn't participate in the Costco program so I'll be checking in with a few of the dealers that are a part of the program. Once I have a price in hand, I can present that to the dealer that I plan on making the purchase from. I'm willing to shop around to save a few hundred bucks.
If you qualify for the employee discount, why does it matter if the participate in the Costco program? You can't combine those. If you can get employee pricing I am not sure why you feel the need to shop around? No dealer can beat that...
Old 10-24-2016, 10:07 AM   #33
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
I'm having trouble finding this info, but do dealers need to be part of the program in order to accept the "student discount", or is that a mandatory discount all dealers must accept?
seanblurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 10:14 AM   #34
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanblurr View Post
I'm having trouble finding this info, but do dealers need to be part of the program in order to accept the "student discount", or is that a mandatory discount all dealers must accept?
As far as I know, they all do supplier, educator, student, military, employee, etc as those are all subsidized by GM. Costco is up to the dealer though and they have to pay a fee to Costco for each sale.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:51 AM   #35
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
Thanks buddy.
seanblurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 11:54 AM   #36
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanblurr View Post
Thanks buddy.
Old 10-25-2016, 10:24 AM   #37
hms2488485

Drives: '17 Camaro SS 1LE
With the discounts and offers, that doesn't effect the dealership any correct? Like say I use a discount that gets me to the invoice price, the dealership still makes money on that correct? So I'd still be able to talk them down even more? If I could walk out the door at $41,000 (minus taxes) for a 1LE, I'd sign the papers today.
hms2488485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 10:47 AM   #38
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by hms2488485 View Post
With the discounts and offers, that doesn't effect the dealership any correct? Like say I use a discount that gets me to the invoice price, the dealership still makes money on that correct? So I'd still be able to talk them down even more? If I could walk out the door at $41,000 (minus taxes) for a 1LE, I'd sign the papers today.
The big tag discounts are only on select left over 2016's (as I'm sure you know, no SS 1LE's were made in 2016.)

I don't see there being many, if any, SS 1LE's on lots at this time next year...and even if there was a few, that doesn't mean that they would necessarily qualify for the discounts.
Old 10-25-2016, 01:05 PM   #39
Dmaxcc6spd

Drives: 71 Camaro SS - 17 Camaro SS1LE
I was reviewing the GM supplier site and can't find the PDR option. Am I blind?
14 Camaro RS (gone - totaled by 8&9 year olds)
17 Camaro 1LE HBM Ordered 02/21 Built 4/24, Delivered 5/4
Dmaxcc6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 01:38 PM   #40
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmaxcc6spd View Post
I was reviewing the GM supplier site and can't find the PDR option. Am I blind?
No, not there yet...GM is slow lol.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:17 PM   #41
tx6g1le

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hms2488485 View Post
Their profit is minimal once a costco/supplier/employee price is added. Any further discount after would mean they're probably dipping into triple net profit if they qualify and you'd have a better chance of getting struck by lightning... twice.
tx6g1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:47 PM   #42
Baker

Drives: 2010 camaro RS,2017 camaro 1Le
Hey guys was just wondering if you order the 1le package can you still order all the options that you can from the 1ss? Example will they let you put ambient lighting in the 1 lie like you can for the 1ss?
Baker is offline   Reply With Quote