Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Transmission / Driveline

Old 07-17-2020, 12:18 PM   #1
NEstyle

Drives: Caprice
Wanted- LPW diff cover

I'm looking for an LPW diff cover. Please let me know if you have one.

Thanks!
NEstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 12:39 PM   #2
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Hey man - I think I may have one available in the next week or so. I'll keep you posted.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 01:02 PM   #3
NEstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
Hey man - I think I may have one available in the next week or so. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks. I was looking to get one quicker than that, but please let me know anyhow.
Old 07-17-2020, 01:24 PM   #4
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEstyle View Post
Thanks. I was looking to get one quicker than that, but please let me know anyhow.
Will do!
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Old 07-20-2020, 07:27 AM   #5
Inferno dogg

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Dont mean to step on your toes acammer. You could also get the cover that Dyno steve offers. I just got one and it works great.
GPI SS3 cam with top end goodies,Circle D 4c 3800 w/Derale trans cooler kit sold by GPI,3.90 yukon gears,Kooks long tube headers,Roto fab cold air intake, Corsa extreme 3" cat back, Dyno tuned by Andrews Auto Georgetown MI, Heritage Grille, T4 splitter with under tray, Anvil spoiler,MRR 228 reps with Nitto NT555G2 tires 315 rear 275 fronts,BMR poly bushings,HD Diff cover from RDP,Raytech install kit

Last edited by Inferno dogg; 07-20-2020 at 07:28 AM. Reason: mispell
Inferno dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 01:16 PM   #6
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Quote:
I ended up deciding that I needed to reuse the cover with this build, I just can't compromise on strength anywhere. So, it's not available.

We did just start carrying the PCE cover on our site. It looks extremely similar to the LPW cover, and uses the same load bolt main cap support setup. Our supplier is showing these as in stock, so it might be a good option for you.

https://gwatneyperformance.com/produ...CECoverCamaro5
Old 07-24-2020, 01:40 PM   #7
NEstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
I ended up deciding that I needed to reuse the cover with this build, I just can't compromise on strength anywhere. So, it's not available.

We did just start carrying the PCE cover on our site. It looks extremely similar to the LPW cover, and uses the same load bolt main cap support setup. Our supplier is showing these as in stock, so it might be a good option for you.

https://gwatneyperformance.com/produ...CECoverCamaro5

May I ask who your supplier is? I ordered a PCE through Summit last Friday and it has not yet shipped from Speedmaster, who is the manufacturer. Speedmaster does not answer their phone and they do not respond to text messages even though they actual want you to text them if you have questions on orders. I'm pretty unimpressed with them so far.

If you can guarantee that you can get one shipped out to me today, I will cancel my order with Summit.
Old 07-24-2020, 02:22 PM   #8
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Quote:
May I ask who your supplier is? I ordered a PCE through Summit last Friday and it has not yet shipped from Speedmaster, who is the manufacturer. Speedmaster does not answer their phone and they do not respond to text messages even though they actual want you to text them if you have questions on orders. I'm pretty unimpressed with them so far.

If you can guarantee that you can get one shipped out to me today, I will cancel my order with Summit.
I'll check into it and let you know.
Old 07-24-2020, 02:33 PM   #9
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Quote:

Same supplier. We show est. ship date of 7.27 - Monday. So, I dunno what's going on at Speedmaster, but I would keep following up with Summit as I don't think we can do anything more than they can. Sorry man, not what you wanted to hear I'm sure. I'm disappointed that our new source for a diff cover already is looking shady.
Old 07-24-2020, 03:00 PM   #10
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Not to cut out a Vendor on here, but I bought mine on Ebay before anyone else listed them. I got it quickly from this seller;
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2015-G...YAAOSwn9xfAyum
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 02:26 PM   #11
NEstyle

Still looking for an LPW cover.

Speedmaster is MIA. They don't answer the phone and they don't answer questions on availability/lead time through their ebay store. I'm sure COVID is not helping as they are in CA, but I have not been able to get in touch with them in over a week. Does anyone know of any vendors that have the Speedmaster cover in stock? Seems like most vendors drop ship.

I'm sitting here with my rear totally rebuilt on the bench and I can't put it in because it's physically impossible to get my hands on a cover. WTF.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:30 PM   #12
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Have you checked with RDP. I'm sure they will drop ship also, but Dyno Steve will give you an answer.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 03:30 PM   #13
NEstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
Have you checked with RDP. I'm sure they will drop ship also, but Dyno Steve will give you an answer.

Yes. They drop ship from the manufacturer through RDP. The manufacturer is the problem here. They aren't shipping in a timely manner and you can't talk to them to ask them what the status is or what the expected delivery date is.
Old 07-28-2020, 08:32 AM   #14
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

FWIW I inquired Speedmaster direct, on their Facebook, as a potential customer. They told me the covers were in stock and ready to ship. We would just be drop-shipping from them too - but if you want to try an order we can and see what happens.