Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-10-2015, 12:17 PM   #1
Ghostog27

Drives: 2017 1LT Camaro
Engine shut off again. 2014 2ls

Once again my engine just shut off. Going around a 90 deg turn at about 30 mph. I had a half tank of gas. Its not like i'm doing doughnuts or something.. what gives?

I like to drive the shit out of my car but this issue is making me a bit skeptical about its reliability.

Has anyone else ever experienced this?

Ghostog27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 08:51 PM   #2
dweith

Drives: 2013 2LS Victory Red
I am in a 2013 2LS and have not experienced that problem to date.

Does it make any difference if the turn is left or right?

Since the gas tank goes over the hump for the drive shaft there are really two pumps in the tank with the primary pump to supply fuel on the passenger side and then a high pressure pump on the engine feeding the fuel rail.

It might be an interesting experiment to find an empty parking lot and try to reproduce driving in a circle to the right and to the left with a scan tool attached recording live data.

Does the CEL come on after the stall?
dweith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 03:24 PM   #3
Ghostog27

The second time it happened the turn was definitely a right turn. The first time I feel like I was coming out left of some S turns, but it may have died on the right of that turn, then I came out left.

CEL?
Old 10-13-2015, 03:41 PM   #4
dweith

Drives: 2013 2LS Victory Red
Sorry, CEL is an acronym for Check Engine Light.

Do you happen to have an oil pressure gauge?

There are some great curvy roads up in the hills there in Southern California, a problem with the car stalling like this sure makes a joy ride a bit scary.

If you are able to afford it the 4 gauge pack kit is an easy upgrade - http://www.gen5diy.com/Chevrolet/Cam...4-Pack-Gauges/

It was my first modification and worth every penny.
dweith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 03:43 PM   #5
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
I had mine shut off once when backing out into a road from a driveway. Pulled it out of reverse and as soon as I put it in drive it shut down. Very strange. Started right up, but thankfully nobody was coming down the road.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:42 AM   #6
Kyle1228

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS Summit White
This just happened to mine. Making a 3pt turn went to put in reverse and it died. Wouldn't start in reverse, put it in neutral and started up.

My dad said it could be bad gas. I don't know. I make that 3pt turn multiple times a week. First time in 40k miles that it's stalled.

MODS: CAI intake, Pypes exhaust, Ferrada FR4, Overkill Tune
Kyle1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 05:26 PM   #7
thiggin2

Drives: 05/07 Chevy's
#15-06-04-003: Intermittent Stall After Making a Left or Right Turn, No DTCs set, No Driveability Concerns, Vehicle Immediately Restarts - (Jul 31, 2015)
Subject: Intermittent Stall After Making a Left or Right Turn, No DTCs Set, No Driveability Concerns, Vehicle Immediately Restarts

Models: 2013-2015 Chevrolet Camaro
Equipped with 3.6L Engine (RPO LFX) and Automatic Transmission (RPO MYB)

Attention: This Bulletin also applies to any of the above models that may be Export vehicles.

Condition

Some customers may comment on an intermittent stall after making a left or right turn.

No driveability concerns were noticed before or after the stall occurred and the vehicle will immediately restart with no issues.

Technicians will find no DTCs set (current or in history) related to this concern.

Cause

This condition may be caused by a software anomaly within the engine control module (ECM) that when specific conditions occur, the vehicle will stall.

Correction

An updated software calibration has been released to address this condition. Reprogram the engine control module with the latest calibration available on TIS2WEB
thiggin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 12:02 PM   #8
Ghostog27

So if ive had my camaro serviced would this correction have been made? It shut off on me about 3 weeks ago, same right turn not pushing vehicle too hard, plenty of gas and oil. @thiggin2
Old 11-27-2016, 03:48 PM   #9
thiggin2

Drives: 05/07 Chevy's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostog27 View Post
So if ive had my camaro serviced would this correction have been made? It shut off on me about 3 weeks ago, same right turn not pushing vehicle too hard, plenty of gas and oil. @thiggin2
It would have been installed only if you had a service that would have required the ECM software to be updated.
thiggin2 is offline   Reply With Quote