Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-21-2020, 09:31 PM   #1
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
the heck do i do now T_T

so i got the idea to Search my cars vin. the body has always been off the trans never shifted right and weird thing like a 250,000 mile car would do like little hick ups. like your driving and just somthing feels off but you cant place it.

so i decided to do a Vin number search in to the old google......
my car Came From Canada i found that out.

and my heart Sank at what i found. lets just say that Clean Title was a out right ****ing Lie. (sorry for language but given the trans issues and alignment issues and shit falling apart on a car with less then 53,000 miles just a little on edge) :brokenhear t:

https://steadyvin.com/full-view-2G1FE1E38C9170257
thats my vin

this is my car before i got it

http://lease.ly/2g1fe1e38c9120670.html

im at a loss here. both dealer ship. the loan they had to background check the vin and car everything was clean all thing i knew to check covered.
.......... at this point this car just became a bucket with this news
i have found its gone threw 3 auctions. insurance and 2 auto wreck auctions.

the 2 pics i have found is front together but smashed up and no front. all air bags deployed from what i see in the windows im guessing frame damage. given no matter how many times ive aligned it it still pulls left a tiny bit.

Edit: cars actuall millage at the time of accident was 109,696 miles, and i bought it at less then 23,000 miles and it now has 53k soo the real mileage is ??????

Last edited by riozlander; 07-21-2020 at 09:44 PM. Reason: new information
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 10:03 PM   #2
LilyAnna

Drives: 2013 Camaro LFX 2LT
Are you certain about this? How much do you trust this site?

I put in my VIN for shits and giggles knowing for sure it has no history in USA as the car is export model only sold in Mexico (Invoice is from a Chevrolet dealer in Mexico City) and it came back as “having a record” with a blurred picture of a black car (my car is red...)

I know you say that the car always felt weird /bad but do we need to panic before checking facts?

I mean no offense, just trying to be objective before we go bananas here...
LilyAnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 10:09 PM   #3
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyAnna View Post
Are you certain about this? How much do you trust this site?

I put in my VIN for shits and giggles knowing for sure it has no history in USA as the car is export model only sold in Mexico (Invoice is from a Chevrolet dealer in Mexico City) and it came back as “having a record” with a blurred picture of a black car (my car is red...)

I know you say that the car always felt weird /bad but do we need to panic before checking facts?

I mean no offense, just trying to be objective before we go bananas here...
I payed the 8 bucks Last sold at a GA auto salvage auction
the 9+ photos that came with the PDF file show a few telling detail's that i know it is my car. there is a long Dent like a bike handle grazed the fuel cap down the passange side to the tail lights. you can hardly notice it but it is there in the pics. oh and the cigarette burns on the drivers door area all the same the tint pulling up on the pasanger window(still haven't fixed it). its my car for sure ive onwed it 4 years doubt i could fight it dont have the money. i just want to know how can i update this information for the DMV and change the tile to salvage. otherwise im all for go at just rusting out the body and going rat style and use this as a beater. 2 days ago the back of the seat cracked the frame on one side and to day the window trim on the back side window started pulling up.

Last edited by riozlander; 07-21-2020 at 10:22 PM.
Old 07-21-2020, 10:33 PM   #4
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Why would you want a salvage title?
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 10:41 PM   #5
LilyAnna

Drives: 2013 Camaro LFX 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyAnna View Post
Sure, you paid, I didn’t and I’m not trying to discredit you here my concern is that my car has no business in USA auction/salvage/traffic records as like I said its an export model (built in Canada as well, only sold in Mexico)

That is a red flag for me in terms of veracity as it said they had something on my VIN when it has never touched American soil but That’s my .02

Have you spoken to whomever you bought it from?
Just read you edited and detailed response above. I understand...
LilyAnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 10:55 PM   #6
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
Why would you want a salvage title?
because in California lawsuit land and land of strict lemon laws if i do not disclose this information on sale of this car i can be held liable for and up to any and all repairs full refund of the car out of pocket etc etc.......

oh and the fact i payed 14,500 for a frame damaged car on a loan that was only approved for clean title cars with less then 70,000 miles car was wrecked at 109k and i might be looking at if my credit union finds out having my car taken and possibly out 10 grand.....

not a fun situation. oh and 15k loan for welding/ fabrocation school for the Aero Space indastry.... lots on the plate and im not hungry
Old 07-21-2020, 11:02 PM   #7
InFiD3ViL

Quote:
Originally Posted by riozlander View Post
because in California lawsuit land and land of strict lemon laws if i do not disclose this information on sale of this car i can be held liable for and up to any and all repairs full refund of the car out of pocket etc etc.......

oh and the fact i payed 14,500 for a frame damaged car on a loan that was only approved for clean title cars with less then 70,000 miles car was wrecked at 109k and i might be looking at if my credit union finds out having my car taken and possibly out 10 grand.....

not a fun situation. oh and 15k loan for welding/ fabrocation school for the Aero Space indastry.... lots on the plate and im not hungry
Ok, makes sense. Man, you really need to explore all legal options here. I know how you feel and it really sucks hard.

I had something similar happen to me on my 1995 Trans Am I bought in 2006. I bought it in NY but when I moved to Florida to try and register it, they told me it had a junk NY title, although I had a clean paper NY title for it.

So assuming the previous owner knew he was about to get in very big trouble (How did I get a CLEAN NY title?), he offered to buy the car back from me. It was 3 years later and had an additional 20k miles when he bought it back. He gave me exactly what I paid for, plus another $500 for my troubles. I made sure to strip anything of value I had modded the car with before I dropped it off with him.

I probably could have gotten more out of him or taken him to court, but I felt I shouldn't push my luck. What sucks most is that I freaking loved that car. But once I found out it had a junk NY title and could never register in Florida, it killed it for me.

All that said, your situation seems much worse. I'm sorry man.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
Old 07-21-2020, 11:44 PM   #8
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Ok, makes sense. Man, you really need to explore all legal options here. I know how you feel and it really sucks hard.

I had something similar happen to me on my 1995 Trans Am I bought in 2006. I bought it in NY but when I moved to Florida to try and register it, they told me it had a junk NY title, although I had a clean paper NY title for it.

So assuming the previous owner knew he was about to get in very big trouble (How did I get a CLEAN NY title?), he offered to buy the car back from me. It was 3 years later and had an additional 20k miles when he bought it back. He gave me exactly what I paid for, plus another $500 for my troubles. I made sure to strip anything of value I had modded the car with before I dropped it off with him.

I probably could have gotten more out of him or taken him to court, but I felt I shouldn't push my luck. What sucks most is that I freaking loved that car. But once I found out it had a junk NY title and could never register in Florida, it killed it for me.

All that said, your situation seems much worse. I'm sorry man.
every place sez the same so it is sadly confirmed. there is only 4600$ left to pay or 2 years left -___-. it was only valued at 10 grand when it was crashed and repair cost was at 9632$ total loss write off. the way i look at it im out 10 grand. this car at most should of sold for 5-6 grand used on craigs list

im almost done paying it off and owned it for 4 years not sure i could do much if i had to sue, only thing i have is the dealership papers there carfax report and other reports saying it is a clean title car.
i Keep every record of every dollar spent on every car ive owned. in the glove box like grandpa use to do.
dosent matter if it was a 500$ car or a 5600$ car, no paint, damaged every car had and has its manila folder of history.

i will ask around family and friends to see if any one can give legal advice.
Old 07-21-2020, 11:48 PM   #9
pnwdan

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by riozlander View Post
every place sez the same so it is sadly confirmed. there is only 4600$ left to pay or 2 years left -___-. it was only valued at 10 grand when it was crashed and repair cost was at 9632$ total loss write off. the way i look at it im out 10 grand. this car at most should of sold for 5-6 grand used on craigs list

im almost done paying it off and owned it for 4 years not sure i could do much if i had to sue, only thing i have is the dealership papers there carfax report and other reports saying it is a clean title car.

i Keep every record of every dollar spent on every car ive owned. in the glove box like grandpa use to do.

dosent matter if it was a 500$ car or a 5600$ car, no paint, damaged every car had and has its manila folder of history.

i will ask around family and friends to see if any one can give legal advice.
You need to call an actual lawyer. You'll find one that will advise you without taking cash.
Old 07-22-2020, 12:10 AM   #10
InFiD3ViL

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwdan View Post
You need to call an actual lawyer. You'll find one that will advise you without taking cash.
Yeah, I agree. Especially since this was a dealer sold car.
Old 07-22-2020, 12:11 AM   #11
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1

https://www.vehiclehistory.com/vin-r...#sales-records
Pre-crash pics and sale info, mileage records, date of crash 2018
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 12:25 AM   #12
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Yeah, I agree. Especially since this was a dealer sold car.
Used car dealer not chevy i was owner number 3.

they had to Du a full check over on the car 2 years ago to approve me for a Refinance no Salvage title no problem cars older then they allow for the Refinance but the value was there clean title.

weird how it was missed then?
but every vin check place even national insurance crime bureau there vin check all red flagged for total loss collision now.
Old 07-22-2020, 01:03 AM   #13
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post

https://www.vehiclehistory.com/vin-r...#sales-records
Pre-crash pics and sale info, mileage records, date of crash 2018
got my car in march 27 2017 i have a selfie post on face book at the dealer

so if thats not my car then the question is why does it have my vin?

only hit my cars had that did damage was a side swipe in traffic to my front right corner just a paint scrape. id remember if i wrecked my car and bought it at salvage auction in 2018
Old 07-22-2020, 02:13 AM   #14
InFiD3ViL

Dang man, you definitely need to speak with a lawyer. I know I already said that but I just realized what a nightmare this will become once your insurance company finds out. I assume once that happens then this car becomes uninsurable>undriveable.

More than anything I hope this is just a typo in some database. But if not, I really hope you have a solid case here man. Because it seems like all sorts of illegal and intentional actions allowed this to happen. Hopefully the fact that you live in California will actually be a blessing in the end.