Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-18-2020, 06:31 PM   #15
Camaro2ss2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS M6
Sound like you may still have a vacuum leak somewhere.
ECS supercharger, custom ground cam, ported throttle body, long tube headers, aeromotive fuel pump, fic injectors, ATI super damper, Corsa Extreme exhaust, elite engineering catch can and many other things.
Camaro2ss2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 06:40 PM   #16
LilyAnna

Drives: 2013 Camaro LFX 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by acutron42 View Post
This is strange without even a random misfire or other generic code considering it stalled. Is the pcv system in check? It seems like one stupid problem. Someone here will have an answer.
Yeah, I know. Probably something so stupidly small not to throw a code but enough to throw the car off balance and drive me crazy at the same time. PCV system seems to be in check, had it looked at when the plugs were replaced about 2 weeks ago, also cleaned TB that same day.
LilyAnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 06:45 PM   #17
LilyAnna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro2ss2010 View Post
Sound like you may still have a vacuum leak somewhere.
You’re the 3rd to point into this direction and could indeed be the problem, that the original vacuum leak wasn’t properly fixed (either bad gasket placement, defective new gasket, etc.)

I have no tools to check this at home so I’ll have to wait until I can take her to the shop when my state reopens
Old 05-18-2020, 06:54 PM   #18
acutron42

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS AGM
Do you know if the throttle body was taken off during the original repair? If so the o-ring might not be seated correctly.
acutron42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 06:58 PM   #19
LilyAnna

Quote:
Originally Posted by acutron42 View Post
Do you know if the throttle body was taken off during the original repair? If so the o-ring might not be seated correctly.
I’m not sure if it was taken off during the original repair but anyways it was taken off to clean it 2 weeks ago and the issue didn’t improve or got worse. The injector and gasket “repair” was one dude and we tried someone new that was recommended to us who did the plug change and TB cleaning.

So unless the 2 guys messed up reassembling it, I’d rule it out
Old 07-04-2020, 04:37 PM   #20
LilyAnna

Update:

Sorry for not coming back sooner. So we towed her to the shop now that it's open (finally!) but the issue had worsened by now, not only was it giving us the hard starts described before, it was now externally leaking gas, like a noticeable puddle on the floor.

Took all 6 injectors to the lab along with the rail, results came as no injector body/nozzle/rail leaks, it was determined it was the o-rings.

Changed o-rings to all 6 injectors but it happened again, hard stars and another (smaller) puddle of raw gas after driving her for 5 minutes. The "funny" thing is how one of the o-ring was completely ripped when they took off the injector that was visibly leaking (see pics).

Also attaching a vid of the leak, it was on my garage so it was hard to sneak my phone to take the vid without being able to lift her.

Why did the o-ring and the white ring were so damaged? And mostly... why the hell it won't stop leaking?

https://youtu.be/QHAAFXsH4H8
Attached Images

Old 07-04-2020, 04:41 PM   #21
LilyAnna

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyAnna View Post
Update:

Sorry for not coming back sooner. So we towed her to the shop now that it's open (finally!) but the issue had worsened by now, not only was it giving us the hard starts described before, it was now externally leaking gas, like a noticeable puddle on the floor.

Took all 6 injectors to the lab along with the rail, results came as no injector body/nozzle/rail leaks, it was determined it was the o-rings.

Changed o-rings to all 6 injectors but it happened again, hard stars and another (smaller) puddle of raw gas after driving her for 5 minutes. The "funny" thing is how one of the o-ring was completely ripped when they took off the injector that was visibly leaking (see pics).

Also attaching a vid of the leak, it was on my garage so it was hard to sneak my phone to take the vid without being able to lift her.

Why did the o-ring and the white ring were so damaged? And mostly... why the hell it won't stop leaking?

https://youtu.be/QHAAFXsH4H8

These are the type of injectors and o-rings we used
Attached Images

Last edited by LilyAnna; 07-04-2020 at 06:29 PM.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:28 PM   #22
LilyAnna

What the actual heck?? Just got a pic from my mechanic?, he was removing the 6 again to check if any other had leaks and we came to find the damn o rings are melted...

Any idea why? I am seriously concerned
Attached Images

Old 07-06-2020, 07:38 AM   #23
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Where were the O-rings sourced? They may not be the right rubber. Or the mechanic had no idea what he was doing and messed them up installing them.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 10:36 AM   #24
LilyAnna

They were sourced and installed by an injector lab (had them tested before to discard leaks from the body).

This set of injectors has been mounted twice:

1- By mechanic A when I had 2 stuck open and replaced the set of six with the orings they came with and failed 2 months later (leaked from top of the injector/o ring)

2 - By mechanic B when they leaked and replaced the o rings

Could both have messed it up? What I cannot explain is the melting of the spacers
Old 07-06-2020, 10:37 AM   #25
LilyAnna

Do you know how to identify fake ACDElcos? Now I’m thinking I got ripped off and they’re chinese
Old 07-06-2020, 11:13 AM   #26
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
I would contact the injector lab and see what they say.

I would probably let the shop who is working on it supply new O-rings, assuming they warranty their work, but you can get a whole set of orings and spacers thru rockauto for $7.21 by felpro (1 left) or AC-Delco for $56.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 01:18 PM   #27
LilyAnna

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
I would contact the injector lab and see what they say.

I would probably let the shop who is working on it supply new O-rings, assuming they warranty their work, but you can get a whole set of orings and spacers thru rockauto for $7.21 by felpro (1 left) or AC-Delco for $56.
I might just do that, injectors tested positive in the lab meaning no leaks from body/nozzle. I've already put tons of money and time into this. If I can save money its worth trying.