Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-11-2020, 08:56 PM   #1
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Dodge Should Be Dead by Now

Trivia: When Fiat bought Chrysler Sergios idea was to phase out the Dodge nameplate all together and send them into history. Sergio's aim was to focus on the Fiat 500s . When was the last time you saw one of his Fiat 500s? The Charger and Challenger saved them. I'm not sure if it was the American Dodge performance team that saved them. They gave it one last go with the Challenger, they lowered the price, bumped performance and advertised it. Challenger sales began to pickup because as you remember when Challengers came back out they weren't selling well and the biggest issue was pricing, they were high. Also remember Dodge Trucks? Well, they don't make Dodge trucks anymore which is sad. Sergio and his bright ideas got rid of Dodge trucks and gave them the new stupid name of Ram. Almost 100 years of a brand name down the drain. He dumped the Dodge truck name because Dodge was to be killed off entirely but the Truck itself was to stay just not the name. Low and behold the Challengers picked up in sales along with the Chargers thanks to the Dodge team. Ralph Gilles pushed Dodge performance and he probably had a lot to do with it. So now Dodge is still alive but Sergio is dead. Ain't that a b!tch?
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 10:24 PM   #2
98_Camaro

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
LOL You Tell 'Em Deputy Dog. Aint Nothin' Like A Hemi-rroid Saving Fiat Company You Know What They Say About Fiat (Fix It Again Tony)
2016 Summit White 2SS Coupe M6, NPP, & MRC
Now Driving:
2016 Torch Red Corvette 2LT, NPP, MRC
98_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 11:53 PM   #3
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
What have I missed all these years - isn’t it the objective of automakers to sell vehicles? RAM trucks sales are up - and Dodge introduces new models of the Challenger and the Charger every year, which keeps them selling. Maybe the Chevrolet truck and car divisions could learn a lesson or two, instead of just watching sales fall.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 08:50 AM   #4
FH212

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Camaro View Post
LOL You Tell 'Em Deputy Dog. Aint Nothin' Like A Hemi-rroid Saving Fiat Company You Know What They Say About Fiat (Fix It Again Tony)
Hemi-rroid!!!!! Lol thats great!
2001 Mecham Trans Am #3 - 7.0L LS1
FH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 09:10 AM   #5
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Well I guess Dodge is doing something right then with their sales!
Old 02-12-2020, 09:12 AM   #6
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Actually I have seen a couple Fiat 500's this week...look like shit boxes. The Charger and Ram definitely have saved Fiat.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 09:13 AM   #7
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MileSmile View Post
What have I missed all these years - isn’t it the objective of automakers to sell vehicles? RAM trucks sales are up - and Dodge introduces new models of the Challenger and the Charger every year, which keeps them selling. Maybe the Chevrolet truck and car divisions could learn a lesson or two, instead of just watching sales fall.
Maybe they need some more "real people"?
95 imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 10:04 AM   #8
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MileSmile View Post
Dodge introduces new models of the Challenger and the Charger every year, which keeps them selling.
Not sure I would call them "new models."
Much respect for how Dodge has been able to maintain sales without changing the basic platform of these cars for something like 10 years.

I am reminded of something I learned in Marketing 101. At the time, Tide laundry detergent had been on the market for about 50 years and had been "new and improved" 68 times! To this day they market Tide the same way!
I think Dodge took a page from this book!
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 10:13 AM   #9
Ventura 1LE

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
I think the Dodge group is going to be the last to shed their Hemi based platforms compared to Ford and GM with all this push of EV.

My whole problem with EV is think about those that don't own a home and rent apartments. What about the down time in full charge time vs fill-up time with gas.
Then as more EV cars are surfacing what about the big elephant in the room.. taxes lost on gas.. hmmm..

I would buy Dodge for the sake of a new vehicle that is gas driven... if they are the last hold out..
Ventura 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 10:36 AM   #10
keystonemedical

Drives: 2019 ZL1 / LE , 2014 CTS V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
Trivia: When Fiat bought Chrysler Sergios idea was to phase out the Dodge nameplate all together and send them into history. Sergio's aim was to focus on the Fiat 500s . When was the last time you saw one of his Fiat 500s? The Charger and Challenger saved them. I'm not sure if it was the American Dodge performance team that saved them. They gave it one last go with the Challenger, they lowered the price, bumped performance and advertised it. Challenger sales began to pickup because as you remember when Challengers came back out they weren't selling well and the biggest issue was pricing, they were high. Also remember Dodge Trucks? Well, they don't make Dodge trucks anymore which is sad. Sergio and his bright ideas got rid of Dodge trucks and gave them the new stupid name of Ram. Almost 100 years of a brand name down the drain. He dumped the Dodge truck name because Dodge was to be killed off entirely but the Truck itself was to stay just not the name. Low and behold the Challengers picked up in sales along with the Chargers thanks to the Dodge team. Ralph Gilles pushed Dodge performance and he probably had a lot to do with it. So now Dodge is still alive but Sergio is dead. Ain't that a b!tch?
I think Chrysler / Dodge has done a wonderful job marketing the " muscle car " models. I remember when they first released the Demon. It was all over the web and and I saw several tv spots advertising the car before its release. Ford made a feeble attempt at the same thing with the new GT500. GM attempted the same half assed marketing with the new mid engine Vette. I think Chrysler found a bit of a niche with the Challenger /Charger badges. The entry level cars are all affordable to the masses til you get up to the Hellcat / Demon stuff and at that point the horsepower speaks for itself. Chrysler likes to attach sexy little names like " Scatpack , Daytona" ect. to its more reasonably priced badges, and obviously a section of the market like that sort of thing. The sales of those cars have been real steady. I personally couldnt bring myself to buy one. I tried to work myself up into a lather enough to buy a Hellcat when it first got released back in 2015 but just couldnt do it. The look and thought of the cars have always seemed corny to me. Regardless, I think Chrysler / Dodge has done a great job with marketing there products. Ford and GM should take notes.
keystonemedical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 10:40 AM   #11
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Hell chevy is failing because they don't advertise high performance cars anymore. I haven't seen a Camaro commercial in ages. I don't even see Camaros advertised on the internet or magazines.
Old 02-12-2020, 01:05 PM   #12
guitarman8373

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro fully loaded.
Still think the Viper was a badass car tho. I'd take it any day over the Challenger. Just was too damn expensive, even the base model.
Old 02-12-2020, 01:13 PM   #13
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Actually ...Challenger sales were down last year and Jeep is saving their ass
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 01:16 PM   #14
keystonemedical

Drives: 2019 ZL1 / LE , 2014 CTS V
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman8373 View Post
Still think the Viper was a badass car tho. I'd take it any day over the Challenger. Just was too damn expensive, even the base model.

agreed....
keystonemedical is offline   Reply With Quote