Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Phastek Performance

Old 07-04-2019, 10:24 AM   #1
NYJets12

Drives: 2018 1LT Camaro
New product

https://ethoscarcare.com

I seen this on Facebook anyone ever used it ? Just wondering how it is.
Attached Images

Old 07-04-2019, 10:46 AM   #2
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Nothing good has ever come from Facebook as far as I know.
Old 07-04-2019, 05:15 PM   #3
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
If your looking for a ceramic "wax"..... just the truth here...it's not ceramic, and it's not wax..it's SIO2.......and everyone and their brother is on this bandwagon because of Carpro Reload...which was introduced in 2011.

At any rate if you want a Liquid SI02 Wax......Adams has one that is $10 cheaper than this one your looking at, and they have a 110% satisfaction guarantee. They also state their product contains 30% SI02, which is a high concentration.

With any protection product, the car must be strip washed, clayed/clay alternative (if needed), and wiped down with IPA or a paint prep.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 08:16 PM   #4
SnakeEyeSS

I would personally replace "must" with "should, for best results" in Joe's post.

Strip washing doesn't work with fresh or recently applied most modern sealants^, the YouTubers finally started concentrating on tests on this recently, which I'm happy to see because a lot of people are still applying old product logic to modern products. "Jimbo" on adp did a video of Adams Strip wash a few weeks ago. Adams is held in high regard for making quality products(although I have never actually tried any, )He had to wash 5 times before the beading diminished on a $5 product. It's not that the Adams stuff is bad, it's that the cheap stuff is just strong. I have seen people have the same results on CG's strip wash, and I have seen very high PH Turtle Wax MAX at 9oz a gallon only take off an old worn topper to reveal the older sealant still intact underneath.

If you put on the $5 Seal N Shine, wash it with Adams Strip wash, clay it, and wipe down with a strong IPA, you have barely made a dent. Apex did a video of HCW and CMX and they didn't change a great deal until he uses Abrasion. Although more recently he has been showing a extremely strong degreaser that seems to cut through anything after a few uses.

And chemically, it can be called a ceramic. Ceramic is a broad term that applied to multiple chemical formulations, probably why they started calling it that in the first place. The term may define the chemical bond more that the actual chemical make up from what I understand, but I am not a chemist.

But even then, there are "non ceramic" appearing that have a much higher value proposition than anything out "ceramic".
SnakeEyeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 05:12 PM   #5
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyeSS View Post
I would personally replace "must" with "should, for best results" in Joe's post.

Strip washing doesn't work with fresh or recently applied most modern sealants^, the YouTubers finally started concentrating on tests on this recently, which I'm happy to see because a lot of people are still applying old product logic to modern products. "Jimbo" on adp did a video of Adams Strip wash a few weeks ago. Adams is held in high regard for making quality products(although I have never actually tried any, )He had to wash 5 times before the beading diminished on a $5 product. It's not that the Adams stuff is bad, it's that the cheap stuff is just strong. I have seen people have the same results on CG's strip wash, and I have seen very high PH Turtle Wax MAX at 9oz a gallon only take off an old worn topper to reveal the older sealant still intact underneath.

If you put on the $5 Seal N Shine, wash it with Adams Strip wash, clay it, and wipe down with a strong IPA, you have barely made a dent. Apex did a video of HCW and CMX and they didn't change a great deal until he uses Abrasion. Although more recently he has been showing a extremely strong degreaser that seems to cut through anything after a few uses.

And chemically, it can be called a ceramic. Ceramic is a broad term that applied to multiple chemical formulations, probably why they started calling it that in the first place. The term may define the chemical bond more that the actual chemical make up from what I understand, but I am not a chemist.

But even then, there are "non ceramic" appearing that have a much higher value proposition than anything out "ceramic".
Why would you strip wash a product you just put on your car?

Strip wash products, APC, IPA are designed to remove OLD waxes and sealants. Not freshly applied ones.

Ceramic coatings have been out for years, with Optimum bringing out the first and Carpro not far behind with the second.

Are any true ceramic coatings made with the main ingredient SI02?

No, not one of them are.....a real "Ceramic Coating" lasts years, SIO2 products are SEALANTS, which last months not years.

But because of the durability/popularity of a true ceramic coating, detailing companies label their SI02 products as "Ceramic" when in fact, they aren't ceramic at all.

If your going to put a fresh coat of SI02 on your car with no prep, expect weeks instead of months of durability. So is it a must? Of course it is, unless you want to re-apply it every 2-3 weeks. Who wants to do that?

But I've only been doing this for 36 years, so what do I know.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Old 07-09-2019, 07:58 PM   #6
SnakeEyeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post

Are any true ceramic coatings made with the main ingredient SI02?

No, not one of them are.....a real "Ceramic Coating" lasts years, SIO2 products are SEALANTS, which last months not years.
So you are saying CarPro CQuartz UK 3.0 isn't a ceramic coating? News to me! Thank's for letting me know. It's 70% not a coating then.

https://carpro.uk.com/products/cquar...nt=16722405575

I'm glad there is someone with 36 years experience to set the record straight! Excuse my ignorance.

I'm going to email CarPro about this and ask why they are using false advertising!
Old 07-09-2019, 08:59 PM   #7
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
So you are saying CarPro CQuartz UK 3.0 isn't a ceramic coating? News to me! Thank's for letting me know. It's 70% not a coating then.

https://carpro.uk.com/products/cquar...nt=16722405575

I'm glad there is someone with 36 years experience to set the record straight! Excuse my ignorance.

I'm going to email CarPro about this and ask why they are using false advertising!
So this is a NEW product I haven't used.....70% SIO2....CQuartz was formerly ALWAYS TI02, and for that matter, until I have seen this NEW product..no one else uses 70% SI02.....lots of products contain SI02,,,but do they contain 70%????...no they don't...the product the OP showed doesn't.....and all the other SI02 products don't...except this NEW product you have...….so does that make ANY product containing SI02 a TRUE CERAMIC COATING REGARDLESS OF THE %???????

I get it now...because this one new product with the highest concentration of SI02 of ANY product that contains SI02 is an actual true ceramic coating.....that makes ANY product that contains ANY amount of SI02 a true
ceramic coating.

And they should make a strip wash that removes BRAND NEW product that you just put on your car...…..why would you want to get the full durability of it anyway?

Last edited by Joe M 2012 2SS; 07-09-2019 at 09:13 PM.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:12 PM   #8
SnakeEyeSS

Quote:

So this is a NEW product I haven't used.....70% SIO2....CQuartz was formerly ALWAYS TI02, and for that matter, until I have seen this NEW product..no one else uses 70% SI02.....lots of products contain SI02,,,but do they contain 70%????...no they don't...the product the OP showed doesn't.....and all the other SI02 products don't...except this NEW product you have...….so does that make ANY product containing SI02 are TRUE CERAMIC COATING REGARDLESS OF THE %???????

I get it now...because this one new product with the highest concentration of SI02 of ANY product that contains SI02 is an actual true ceramic coating.....that makes ANY product that contains ANY amount of SI02 a true
ceramic coating.

It's not new, it came out early 2018.

Old UK also used SiO2.
ALL Ceramic Pro uses SiO2(and some of their stuff is 4+ years old)
Modesta coating uses SiO2
Opti Gloss Coat uses SiO2(and SiC)
McKees Coating uses SiO2
Some GTechniq coating uses SiO2
CQuartz uses TiO2 AND SiO2.
Polish Angel Cosmic uses SiO2 and TiO2
Kamikaze is a higher percentage formula and is SiO2 and 4 years old.

Last edited by SnakeEyeSS; 07-09-2019 at 09:27 PM.
SnakeEyeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 09:30 PM   #9
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
It's not new, it came out early 2018.

Old UK also used SiO2.
ALL Ceramic Pro uses SiO2
Modesta coating uses SiO2
Opti Gloss Coat uses SiO2(and SiC)
McKees Coating uses SiO2
Some GTechniq coating uses SiO2
CQuartz uses TiO2 AND SiO2.
Polish Angel Cosmic uses SiO2 and TiO2
In order for a coating to be a TRUE ceramic coating, it must be RESIN based.....just plain old SI02 is added to MANY products...that doesn't make them a true Ceramic Coating.....but keep believing just because a product contains SOME form of SI02 in it, it is a TRUE ceramic coating...…..and the RESIN in all of these other products you list is NOT SI02 RESIN.

But just keep telling people that since a product contains any amount or form of SI02...that it makes that product a CERAMIC......

And keep ditching strip wash products because they wont immediately remove a brand new coat of SI02 SEALANT.,,,,,, I mean why would you want to keep that fresh coat of sealant you put on 2 weeks ago on anyway?

Lets just waste it and strip it off......I give up....you win////

And I last thing, keep telling people that they don't need to prep the surface before adding a fresh layer of protection, I mean why would someone want to get the maximum amount of durability from a paint protection product when they could instead get the minimum amount?

Last edited by Joe M 2012 2SS; 07-09-2019 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:42 PM   #10
SnakeEyeSS

Quote:
In order for a coating to be a TRUE ceramic coating, it must be RESIN based.....just plain old SI02 is added to MANY products...that doesn't make them a true Ceramic Coating.....but keep believing just because a product contains SOME form of SI02 in it, it is a TRUE ceramic coating...…..and the RESIN in all of these other products you list is NOT SI02 RESIN.

But just keep telling people that since a product contains any amount or form of SI02...that it makes that product a CERAMIC......

And keep ditching strip wash products because they wont immediately remove a brand new coat of SI02 SEALANT.,,,,,, I mean why would you want to keep that fresh coat of sealant you put on 2 weeks ago on anyway?

Lets just waste it and strip it off......I give up....you win////
It is Ceramic, but it isn't a coating. You seem to be getting yourself very confused. No where did I ever call "anything with SiO2 a ceramic COATING".

Quote:
Advanced ceramics include carbides, such as silicon carbide, SiC; oxides, such as aluminum oxide, Al 2 O 3 ; nitrides, such as silicon nitride, Si 3 N 4 ; and many other materials,

Read more: http://www.chemistryexplained.com/Bo...#ixzz5tEqZnzV8
url]http://www.chemistryexplained.com/Bo-Ce/Ceramics.html[/url]

SiO2 is by definition a ceramic. I never called solvent based or water based products the same. You just assumed I did, and when on this holier than thou rant where you showed how someone with 36 years of experience has missed the biggest trend in detailing products in the last 5 years. Congrats, and blocked.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:54 PM   #11
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:

Strip washing doesn't work with fresh or recently applied most modern sealants

I'll refresh your memory on what you said....It's right above...…..don't prep your paint.....it's not a must..only a should.....

Strip washing doesn't work on fresh sealants...….

Chemically because it has SI02..that makes it a ceramic.....Ceramic is a term for RESIN based products that HARDEN, not for SIO2 infused waxes/sealants.....which was what the OP was asking about...with a picture he saw on facebook…..

And oh yes..according to you …"NOTHING GOOD HAS EVER CAME FROM FACEBOOK" I guess Mark Zuckerburg's net worth of $82,000,000,000 is a bad thing.

SIO2 RESIN IS A CERAMIC....ALL OTHER SI02 FORMS ARE SEALANTS.

I was once told...."You can give logical reasons to illogical people, and you are wasting your time". You've clarified that immensely.