Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Phastek Performance

Old 02-12-2020, 01:37 PM   #29
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Great to hear that they are becoming avail. again. So worth the upgrade.

For those who do this swap, I would love to hear others opinions of what they think afterwards. I have had mine for a year now.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 02:44 PM   #30
Srt-cuatro

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I saw a diy for replacing the bushings, but I cannot find it anymore. Anyone have links?
Srt-cuatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 03:23 PM   #31
canadian_roger

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
What are the differences between the GM and BMR solutions? Which is better?
canadian_roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 02:11 PM   #32
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Drives: 1SS M
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian_roger View Post
What are the differences between the GM and BMR solutions? Which is better?
The gm is solid aluminum and the bmr is solid polyurethane so it will reduce some NVH over the gm ones.
BTR 225 w/CNC Heads|JLT intake|Speed Engineering 1"7/8 long tube and mid pipe|LT2 manifold w/95mmTb|Self tuned w/HPtuners|Silvers 2Way coilovers|Hotchkis front sway|Advan AD08R|BMR solid cradle bushings|Recaro SR7| Work ZR10 19"
Joey Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 02:39 PM   #33
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
BMR also makes Delrin bushings. https://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=...641&superpro=0 its a very hard plastic. they are as close to the aluminum as your going to get. Id go with the GM Aluminum ones though. I do have the BMR delrin ones. There is nothing wrong with them except the holes for the rear bushings are the same size as the bolts that go through them. Its the front alignment cones that aliens the rear cradle and the rear bolt holes very per car. This makes installing them almost impossible. The rear bolt holes won't line up. I sent a message to BMR asking if I could make the holes bigger. The factory bushings have a 1" hole in them. BMR did not respond. I ended up not making the holes bigger and used studs. The BMR bushings come with required hardware store grade 8 bolts for the rear bushing. These are longer. You have to buy everything else. The GM ones come with all the factory hardware you need (cradle and alinement bolts). The GM ones are also cheaper right now. There is no noticeable NVH but i do have headers and exhaust. I dont think anyone with the aluminum ones noticed any either
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1

Last edited by JCunningham; 02-16-2020 at 03:18 PM.
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 03:15 PM   #34
JCunningham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swizzy827 View Post
That is where I ordered mine from last week and they are supposed to be delivered today!

Tried ordering last year from the same dealer but after 3 months I decided to cancel my order.
did you get them?
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 02-16-2020, 05:23 PM   #35
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
did you get them?
The only change I saw was going from a white box with Chevy Performance on the box to a plain brown box with a regular looking GM label on it.
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 06:03 PM   #36
JCunningham

so you just got a set? i was asking Swizzy827
Old 02-16-2020, 06:59 PM   #37
RUQWIKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
so you just got a set? i was asking Swizzy827
I've had a set up on the shelf for a long time. Just never got around to putting them on yet. A buddy got a set recently as per an earlier post - I saw the brown box with my own eyes...
Old 02-16-2020, 07:02 PM   #38
JCunningham

cool. i just ordered a set. says instock but you know online places just use the havent updated sight excuse. no one else says instock.
Old 02-22-2020, 10:17 AM   #39
JCunningham

got mine 2 days ago the instruction PDF on here is incomplete. it doesnt have the 1st page that has the puck locations on it. here is the full set
Attached Images
File Type: pdf GM solid cradle bushings 84376493.pdf (12.36 MB, 218 views)

Last edited by JCunningham; 02-22-2020 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-22-2020, 06:05 PM   #40
JayRow52

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LS 2.0T
Great write up. Ordered mine during a Presidents’ Day sale and hope to get them on in the next couple weeks. Has anyone done the BMR differential bushings to go with their subframe bushings?
Old 02-22-2020, 06:16 PM   #41
JCunningham

who here has installed the aluminum ones and what did you use to keep them straight pressing them in? i started a new thread.
Old 04-22-2020, 11:31 AM   #42
RUQWIKR

FYI - 84341929 is the PN for the OEM kits. The older ones said MADE IN USA and were white boxes. The ones coming now from dealers are under the same PN but in a brown box. However, it now says MADE IN CHINA (MADE IN TAIWAN, CHINA). The switch to the offshore location is probably what put them on back order for so long, and the current pandemic is delaying manufacturing and shipping worldwide. They are still available from GM, just not sure what the wait time will be.