Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-26-2018, 04:05 PM   #1
Silentlegion

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS Manual (Karnage)
Got declined on ordering... have yall heard of this?

Hi everyone,

I tried to order my hopeful new 2019 Camaro 2SS and got told the ground effect is not available at this time and no ETA, code: VTD (LPO, Ground effects, Metallic Black, second generation). Why do they have it as an option on the website if they are not going to have this available? Does anyone have any ideal on this because it is one of the big factors of why I want to get the Camaro? Have yall heard of this before as I'm not used to the way the Camaro runs its stuff?

Silentlegion
Silentlegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 04:38 PM   #2
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
LPO in GM-speak means dealer installed, so you can order the car and have it built, you'll just have to come back to the dealer when that LPO is available.

The dealer must be totally dumb and not want your money to not take the 10 seconds to explain that to you. Call on another dealership, or message the lovely forum sponsor BeckyD to verify what's going on with that LPO.
Old 10-26-2018, 06:16 PM   #3
cskipgo

Drives: 2019 2SS A10 Shadow Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryephile View Post
LPO in GM-speak means dealer installed, so you can order the car and have it built, you'll just have to come back to the dealer when that LPO is available.

The dealer must be totally dumb and not want your money to not take the 10 seconds to explain that to you. Call on another dealership, or message the lovely forum sponsor BeckyD to verify what's going on with that LPO.
Yes! I ordered Ground Effects "separate", NOT with my car order. Although I ordered the "1st Gen", but it should work the same way.

(This was ordered thru Becky!)
cskipgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 06:58 PM   #4
Silentlegion

Thanks for the replies and this is what i found through gm fleet:

7/2/2018:

Coupe Exterior section-(VTD) LPO, Ground effects, Metallic Black, second generation, updated footnote 1 to now read "Not available at start of production. Requires any spoiler. Not available with RZ3 or VRV." and applied to 1LS only. Added a footnote 2 to 1LT, 2LT, 3LT that reads "Not available at start of production. Requires (WRS) RS Package or any spoiler. Not available with 5VM, RMH, RZ3 or VRV." Added a footnote 3 to 1SS, 2SS that reads "Not available at start of production. Not available with 5VM, RMH, RZ3 or VRV."

Anyone know how long "start of production" is considered since its now 3 months later from this message?
Old 01-13-2019, 11:06 AM   #5
Silentlegion

Update: my dealer received the vehicle this previous Monday and after 2 days of extensive research they were able to find the part and it is available now... can't wait to see my new car with it on. Thanks, everyone for the help.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:06 PM   #6
VAZL1

Drives: 17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentlegion View Post
Update: my dealer received the vehicle this previous Monday and after 2 days of extensive research they were able to find the part and it is available now... can't wait to see my new car with it on. Thanks, everyone for the help.
Congrats! Be sure to post some photos....
Old 01-21-2019, 03:19 PM   #7
Silentlegion

Here ya go, you can see in pictures here: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...3#post10416663

The only piece that is missing because the first time they had the wrong piece and the second time the piece broke during shipping is the 2nd gen ground effects rear bumper but they are being flexible around my schedule so when I get back from my work travel ill get it put on.